US Airways Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

167 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Advantage Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

There are several steps to the interview process. There is a detailed question portion that is step 1. Questions are to see if you are mentally ok. There are also questions to see if you can read an Excel spreadsheet.
    Step 2. Answer questions on a phone to a machine. They are looking for the quality of your voice. Questions are typical interview questions. How do you define customer service, where do you see yourself...
    Step 3. In person tests to see how fast you type-35 words per minute, airport codes, and can you find the answers to questions from a website. They do give you advanced notice so you can study. The hardest part is studying the airport codes. They give you 200 codes and randomly ask you 100. You have to study or you will never pass.
    Step 4. If you pass step 3 they take you ( group interview)into a room and give you ALL the info on benefits which includes flight, more in depth info on the job, dress code, training schedule,which is 16 weeks no exceptions. Questions are, tell me something about yourself that no one would know by looking at you. It is a very relaxed atmosphere. Many of us thought we had the job. But don't relax because whatever they are looking for they is hard to tell. Easy to get fooled.

Interview Questions

• I wrote several questions in my description of the process. But again one question from step 4-what is something someone couldn't tell about you from looking at you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

- Pre interview lobby meet up.
    - taken to a room and separated into 5 tables where you play a game.
    - taken to group interview with 6 other attendant and asked 3 questions
    - brought back to room to review company benefits and such
    - taken 1:1 for an application review; but I think this is the point where they either extend you an offer or not.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Tempe, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I first applied online. Received an email to set up appt. for phone interview after about 2 weeks. Phone interview said I could go to next phase, F2F. Face to face interview set. at the face to face I assumed it would be one on one, however it was a group interview. There were 2 recruiters who asked the group 3 questions each. They then ended with the question what do you do in your first 90 days and how do you get your day started.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest fault?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Airways.

Interview

US Airways/ American really makes you feel comfortable and "at home". They make you feel welcome and make sure you know they appreciate your time.

I interviewed on Thursday- I wore a black skirt suit, light make up, and my hair was pulled in a sleek bun.

Arrived at noon and started with an ice breaker-There was only other 20 candidates in the room. After a short break you do a group interview that is professional yet relaxed. Following that is a presentation on the company and FA duties.

The day ended by having a member of the staff walk you out and ensure your contact information was correct. The process from start to finish was about 4 hours.

I had hoped to be selected but they sent me on my way saying they would email with results. I believe that if you were selected, you stayed behind for a background check and to be finger -printed.

It's hard to tell what they're looking for. Overall it was a positive experience despite the fact that I was not hired.

No "homework" was necessary although I did do some research on the company before hand.

No reach test, no language test, and questions about visible tattoos were not asked.

Interview Questions

• What are some qualities that make a great flight attendant?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Airways.

Interview

I went to the f2f in Dallas recently.The interview process is pretty similar to what everyone else already mention. At the end some people stayed for fingerprinted. There were some people who did very well in the interview and were dressed properly but did not get fingerprinted. However, people that were not dressed properly did get fingerprinted. I actually felt bad for people that should have got the position and they didn't.It is pretty unclear for what exactly they are looking for. You can go and do a great job for the interview and not get chosen.I feel that there needs to be more diversity in the people that do the hiring. Also,there needs to be more diversity in the candidates that are chosen for the position.Its 2015 and the company itself needs to REALLY represent the diverse group of customers they serve.

Reservations Agent- Tempe, AZ Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Airways.

Interview

After applying online I received an email the next morning inviting me to call into a phone interview. It was a list of about 9 pre-recorded questions where you would leave your response like a voicemail. You can not change your answer or review it. The questions were alot like the the other reviews below, alot of scenario questions, and brief explanation of job experience and likes and dislikes of your most 2 recent jobs. The same day I did the phone interview I received a call to set up a face to face interview for about a week later. They ask you to dress professional, so business casual is out of the question. I arrived at the interview about 20mins early, thankfully because it took me a minute to find out which entrance to enter. The entrance is located in the back not the front. The lady took me back and gave me a brief overview of the job, then asked if I would like to continue. Asked me about my previous job experience, some behavioral questions, and two final questions at the end. In total it lasted about 30min. Now just waiting on a call back to see if I was accepted. Everyone I met with was very nice and helpful, including the security guard at the front desk. My overall experience was a positive one and made me want to work for the company even more.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?
      What makes you stand out from other candidates?
      What do you feel you have that will benefit the company?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Airways.

Interview

Just had f2f interview in Dallas. Of course, everyone that was there (31 of us total) had studied glassdoor - i'm here to tell you they have finally changed up the interview process! Let me start by saying, our host was very funny and nice, and I absolutely loved all of the people that came. Every person in the room would have made a great flight attendant. When you first get there, you meet in the lobby and we all talked for about an hour. Then you go to the meeting room, where you sign in and meet the panel that you will be working with that day. There were five tables set up, and you sit at one (the rest of the people will be your 'group' throughout the day).. We then had an ice breaker, which is a group project - you have to write three things you and all of the people at your table have in common, and then one fact about yourself that no one would expect. You and your group then get up in front of the room and read someone else's fact about themselves, and the other groups in the room have to guess who really wrote that fact. It was really fun and interesting to learn about everyone else in the room, and also makes you feel relaxed with everyone else! Then you have a break. After the break, you go to an interview room with about 5-6 other people and two panel members. That was probably the most awkward part, only because you all have to answer the same three questions, and you don't really want to give the same answer as the person in front of you, but theres really only so many different ways to say the same thing. Anyway, then you all go back to the room and watch a powerpoint on US Airways/AA merge and details about the job. Then they start "saying their goodbyes" - They call everyone out one by one, in no particular order. I know the girl they called first, did get offered the job, and the girl they called after her did not.. So, there was no real order - they would either escort you down the hall and to the shuttle while thanking you for your time, or take you into another room - do an individual interview and take fingerprints.

I hope this helps! Best of luck to everyone!

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Airways.

Interview

I was flown in positive space. They would not pay for a hotel, so I had to pay for that myself. The interview was at 8am. The usual for instructors: give a 10 minute presentation, then situational questions. After that, I went to the airport and flew back home. I'm happy that I was given positive space tickets, however I fell I should have been given a hotel room. If you are unemployed, that can add up quickly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with conflicting priorities, how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Airways (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied in December and did a video interview about a week after. Didn't schedule the group interview until March.

It was a group interview. Started with a "getting to know you" activity similar to ones colleges have you do the first week in a dorm. After that we were separated into groups and taken to another room where we were asked 3 questions. I don't understand how you can evaluate a person based on 3 questions.

Wear hair up ans stockings ladies!!

Interview Questions

• Pageant style question where you pick a card, read it and answer in a minute.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Airways in February 2015.

Interview

My experience was the same as everyone else's. I applied, got an email to set up a phone interview and I called for the interview. When the interview was over she said she wanted to set me up with a face-to-face interview, but there were not any appointments available and they would get in touch with me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the about your last/most resent job. What did you like most and dislike most about last job. Tell me a time about a difficult customer. Tell me about a time you were sympathetic with a customer, but still had to put your own needs ahead of theirs. What would my previous/current employer say about me.
      It was an easy phone interview if you go into it prepared.   Answer Question