US Airways Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Airways Interview Questions

2.8

327 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Airways (Warwick, RI).

Interview

The interview was much different. My days
    you got to know the people who work there
    but when they interviewed you
    they knew you wanted the job and will willing to do
    that work that was known about it
    it went fairly smooth

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends, holidays
      in any kind we needed you   2 Answers
    • When I first went to work at the airport you had to work you way in their first
      getting to know people was very important
      and they had to know that you are really interested in working
      for an airline
      working and all kinds of weather very cold. The very hot
      and also working in the rain and snow
      I was very good at my job   1 Answer

Advantage Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

There are several steps to the interview process. There is a detailed question portion that is step 1. Questions are to see if you are mentally ok. There are also questions to see if you can read an Excel spreadsheet.
    Step 2. Answer questions on a phone to a machine. They are looking for the quality of your voice. Questions are typical interview questions. How do you define customer service, where do you see yourself...
    Step 3. In person tests to see how fast you type-35 words per minute, airport codes, and can you find the answers to questions from a website. They do give you advanced notice so you can study. The hardest part is studying the airport codes. They give you 200 codes and randomly ask you 100. You have to study or you will never pass.
    Step 4. If you pass step 3 they take you ( group interview)into a room and give you ALL the info on benefits which includes flight, more in depth info on the job, dress code, training schedule,which is 16 weeks no exceptions. Questions are, tell me something about yourself that no one would know by looking at you. It is a very relaxed atmosphere. Many of us thought we had the job. But don't relax because whatever they are looking for they is hard to tell. Easy to get fooled.

Interview Questions

• I wrote several questions in my description of the process. But again one question from step 4-what is something someone couldn't tell about you from looking at you.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Airways.

Interview

The interview process so far has included a 5 minute phone screen, an additional call two days later to invite me to a face to face. Very professional, very clear instructions.

Interview Questions

• Phone Screen inquiries include "Describe a time when you successfully managed a multi-tasking, stressful situation; how did you do it."   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

- Pre interview lobby meet up.
    - taken to a room and separated into 5 tables where you play a game.
    - taken to group interview with 6 other attendant and asked 3 questions
    - brought back to room to review company benefits and such
    - taken 1:1 for an application review; but I think this is the point where they either extend you an offer or not.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at US Airways in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through American Airlines in May 2015. I got a link for a video interview a few days after applying, and then an email confirming they got my video. In August 2015 I got a call for a face to face interview with US Airways in Dallas. They flew me out and I was in a group of about 25 people. We filled out a questionnaire like thing to write a paragraph about meeting the CEO on a flight. Then we did a group activity where we listed one thing about ourselves and the other groups had to match the facts to each person. Later we did group interviews and they had certain questions they asked everyone and they also had sheets of paper to randomly select questions. Some were hard and other questions were stupid (like what did you last post on social media). After that we waited in the first room and they finally told us we were actually applying to be with US Airways and if offered the position we would be reserve until at least the merger was complete, possibly longer. They called us out individually and that's where you either walk to get finger printed or they walk you to the front to wait for the shuttle to go home. They ask you to fill out one more form and copy your passport and then take you to do prints and do a reach test. You'll have one final one on one interview which actually feels very serious whereas everything else is pretty light. They had our group waiting around for a while and then gave us packets and told us the twelve of us left were invited to come to training. We filled out more paperwork and took home forms to do a drug and alcohol test. They had no dates for training yet. So the drug test was completed in August and after not hearing for a while I assumed something happened- they did not respond to calls or emails. In October 2015 they called me with a training date with 12 days notice which wasn't enough to make it work, but you also don't get paid for training and won't get paid until after a month of working so if you want to do this job keep in mind you'll need almost three months of funds set aside.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Airways in August 2015.

Interview

I received a call about 5 weeks after I applied. I was ask if I had time for a phone interview and I did.The recruiter was very pleasant and helpful. She explain the questions when I needed. At the she told me I was a good candidate and will like to recommend me for an in person interview which is the 2nd phase of the process. They had no available appointments but someone will call me at a later time and schedule an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to be sympathetic with a customer but you had to put your feelings aside?   1 Answer
    • In your last position tell me what you like the most about that position and what you like the least?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer and how you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • What are your customer service experiences?   Answer Question
    • If I was to ask your supervisor about you, What would they say?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Airways (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed about 1 weeks later to schedule a phone interview through an online appointment book. Got called back in 2 days to the phone interview . After the phone interview I was invited to a f2f interview but he didn't had an appointment open and they could call me in few days to do the schedule the f2f interview. So I still waiting..

Fleet Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Airways (Portland, OR).

Interview

Phone interview, and then a second interview(if you make it pass the first) for a face-to-face. It was more like a cool conversation instead of an interview for employment. Two very nice guys did the hiring and it was actually fun to converse with them.

Interview Questions

• What are your interests, what did you do in previous jobs, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was simple and easy.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I had two interviews before I got offered the job. They asked general job questions and was pretty chill. I joked around with them so that probably helped a lot. They mentioned there were over a hundred applicants so I guess I did well enough!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with an angry customer   1 Answer

Fleet Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Airways (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

One on one interview on the phone. The recruiter asked 3 questions and then will schedule you for f2f, which is a face to face however it will be a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Desrcibe yourself? What was problem that you had at work, and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer