US Airways Customer Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Airways Customer Service Agent Interview Questions

2.3

Ramp Service Agent & Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Airways (Warwick, RI).

Interview

The interview was much different. My days
    you got to know the people who work there
    but when they interviewed you
    they knew you wanted the job and will willing to do
    that work that was known about it
    it went fairly smooth

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends, holidays
      in any kind we needed you
      2 Answers
    • When I first went to work at the airport you had to work you way in their first
      getting to know people was very important
      and they had to know that you are really interested in working
      for an airline
      working and all kinds of weather very cold. The very hot
      and also working in the rain and snow
      I was very good at my job
      1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Airways.

Interview

The interview was fine. Two people sat the room. It was short and sweet and to the point. Everyone was very friendly and we laughed a lot. They had a list of five questions sitting in front of them and as I answered them they were writing, which was a little intimidating. The room they interviewed me in was pretty messy and kind of informal.

Interview Questions

• They asked, 'Over 200 people applied for this position, why do you think you deserve this job'? They also said 'Tell us about a time at work when something went wrong and how did you handle it?'.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Airways (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed about 1 weeks later to schedule a phone interview through an online appointment book. Got called back in 2 days to the phone interview . After the phone interview I was invited to a f2f interview but he didn't had an appointment open and they could call me in few days to do the schedule the f2f interview. So I still waiting..

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed about a month later to schedule a phone interview through an online appointment book. Got called about a week earlier than scheduled. After the phone interview I was invited to a f2f interview a few days later at the airport. It was a group interview of 5 with a panel of 3 mangers interviewing us. It was extremely laid back and they were awesome! They basically asked the same questions as the phone interview but gave us a chance to really explain ourselves and show why we would be the best choice. After the interview we were then asked to wait outside while they discussed the interview. I was called back in individually about 5 mins later and they offered me the job. Not everyone in the group got it so they ask you not to tell any candidates whether or not you got the job to avoid hurting feelings. Overall it was great!

Interview Questions

• Why US Airways? Why should we hire you? Why do you think you would be a good fit?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you felt empathetic with a customer but had to put your own needs first. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to use excellent customer service to deal with an irate customer? What did you do to diffuse the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, union job.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Airways (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Only behavioral interview questions asked during the interview such as: "Describe a situation when you had to deal with difficult customer, difficult or dangerous situation." Describe a situation when you demonstrate that you are a team player, or did something special for a customer."

Interview Questions

• What your former employer would say about you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Airways in February 2015.

Interview

My experience was the same as everyone else's. I applied, got an email to set up a phone interview and I called for the interview. When the interview was over she said she wanted to set me up with a face-to-face interview, but there were not any appointments available and they would get in touch with me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the about your last/most resent job. What did you like most and dislike most about last job. Tell me a time about a difficult customer. Tell me about a time you were sympathetic with a customer, but still had to put your own needs ahead of theirs. What would my previous/current employer say about me.
      It was an easy phone interview if you go into it prepared.
      Answer Question

CSA- Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cameron, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Airways (Cameron, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Took roughly 5 minutes, maybe even 4. Very quick with the questions. I tried to make answers brief and to the point, but some required a little bit of explanation. Overall, I was pretty nervous, because I thought there would be more in depth questions, but not too bad. I received an offer to come in for a group interview and was told they would call me because they currently didn't have any openings for a scheduled date. I asked how long it would take and they said they were unable to determine that at this time. The recruiter advised that I call the number he called me with if I wanted to check back with them, but I had to ask for the number because it came up on my phone as 'unknown'.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Airways (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, about a week later i got an email to schedule a phone interview. I began doing additional research on the company. My phone interview was scheduled 2 weeks away, which i was not happy about ...so far away. Then 2 days after scheduling the phone interview the recruiter called and asked if its a good time to do the interview. He asked questions about my last 2 jobs and all questions focused on how i dealt with irate customer situations. He said i did well and tolf me to expect the senior recruiter to contact me, also to be patient. I knew they woulf be trying to fill a class so it may take a while. Currently waiting to be called.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I first placed an application online and received a call a few days for phone interview. The questions were along the lines of what is your background in customer service. The entire call may have been less than 10 min. I was then offered to com in for a face to face interview.
    A week later I attended the in-person interview. There was approximately 50 or so people. We were given a hand out of general benefits, pay scale and looked a presentation about the company. Afterwards we were called in individually in no particular order for a one on one interview with a hiring manger. It was the same process as over the phone but it little more detailed questions about yourself and background of what you have done. Once that was completed I was given a unofficial offer letter and advised to go to another room to start filling out all the necessary paper work, fingerprinting,and I had to have on bring 2 forms of ID, Last 10 years employment history and Last 5 years residence addresses. After all that was complete I had to go to have a drug screening that same day. The whole process from start to finish moved very quickly. The background check seemed to take a little while longer than I expected but I would highly recommend applying it would be worth it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to handle an irate customer etc...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

After filling out the online application a brief phone interview, I was invited to a large group interview. 60 or so applicants sat through a brief presentation and then where called back to another room for a one-on-one interview, lasting about 30 minutes. I was then told to expect to hear in two weeks if I was chosen for the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are based on the STAR format. Situation, Action, Result.   Answer Question