US Airways Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Airways Interview Questions

2.8

Advantage Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

There are several steps to the interview process. There is a detailed question portion that is step 1. Questions are to see if you are mentally ok. There are also questions to see if you can read an Excel spreadsheet.
    Step 2. Answer questions on a phone to a machine. They are looking for the quality of your voice. Questions are typical interview questions. How do you define customer service, where do you see yourself...
    Step 3. In person tests to see how fast you type-35 words per minute, airport codes, and can you find the answers to questions from a website. They do give you advanced notice so you can study. The hardest part is studying the airport codes. They give you 200 codes and randomly ask you 100. You have to study or you will never pass.
    Step 4. If you pass step 3 they take you ( group interview)into a room and give you ALL the info on benefits which includes flight, more in depth info on the job, dress code, training schedule,which is 16 weeks no exceptions. Questions are, tell me something about yourself that no one would know by looking at you. It is a very relaxed atmosphere. Many of us thought we had the job. But don't relax because whatever they are looking for they is hard to tell. Easy to get fooled.

Interview Questions

• I wrote several questions in my description of the process. But again one question from step 4-what is something someone couldn't tell about you from looking at you.   1 Answer

Ramp Service Agent & Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Airways (Warwick, RI).

Interview

The interview was much different. My days
    you got to know the people who work there
    but when they interviewed you
    they knew you wanted the job and will willing to do
    that work that was known about it
    it went fairly smooth

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends, holidays
      in any kind we needed you
      2 Answers
    • When I first went to work at the airport you had to work you way in their first
      getting to know people was very important
      and they had to know that you are really interested in working
      for an airline
      working and all kinds of weather very cold. The very hot
      and also working in the rain and snow
      I was very good at my job
      1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Airways (Tempe, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone call, ask several questions about myself as well as my marketing ability. HR are quite nice. They used to offer the interns the opportunity to have some flight vouchers, they took those away unfortunately. They did take us to their sky box to watch a baseball game. The $8/hr seemed a little small to me and the work they told me I would be doing wasn't it, instead I was just doing mindless database entry.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

Process was very easy going. The Interviewer was quite sound in the IT field and asked technical questions to see if you were on the up and up with your resume. Interview was calm and very informative as to what will be expected and what the direction on the company is.

Interview Questions

• If a person calls in and says they are not able to get to their email and getting an error of password incorrect. What would you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Airways in November 2012.

Interview

applied on line then they called for an initial interviw, the first interview was one on one with supervisor then another interview with panel of 3 managers then have the positive test before they send you the letter to go for drug test

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

Multi tier interview process. Somewhat bogged down by HR processes.
    1. Phone interview with HR rep.
    2. Panel Interview with selected team
    3. Interview with hiring executive.
    4. Drug Testing
    5. Offer letter
    6. Start date determined/agreed upon

Interview Questions

• Describe your handling complex employment environment, multi-task, and related airline experience.   1 Answer

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Tempe, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Filled out application online
    Waited for email to take a test or to fill out more info.
    wait for a call back for an interview.
    Drug test
    Then call back to let you know when your hiring class starts.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you have had to use and learn multiple applications at the same time.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Airways (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

Typical interview process. Completed online career information. Received phone call to set up an in person interview. Met with three employees including a manager and two analysts during the actual interview. Received an offer over the phone,

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for them. Some standard behavioral questions: "Tell me about a time when you showed leadership", etc.   Answer Question

Customer Assistance Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Airways (Phila, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Long process, started application which took four hours in November. Was called for an interview the last week of December and had problems getting in contact with them for phone interview. Began to work with the company after a background check in March and training lasted 2 weeks. One in classroom and one on the job. 120 work day probation.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in customer service   1 Answer

Club Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Airways.

Interview

The interview process so far has included a 5 minute phone screen, an additional call two days later to invite me to a face to face. Very professional, very clear instructions.

Interview Questions

• Phone Screen inquiries include "Describe a time when you successfully managed a multi-tasking, stressful situation; how did you do it."   Answer Question