US Airways Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Airways Interview Questions

2.8

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed about a month later to schedule a phone interview through an online appointment book. Got called about a week earlier than scheduled. After the phone interview I was invited to a f2f interview a few days later at the airport. It was a group interview of 5 with a panel of 3 mangers interviewing us. It was extremely laid back and they were awesome! They basically asked the same questions as the phone interview but gave us a chance to really explain ourselves and show why we would be the best choice. After the interview we were then asked to wait outside while they discussed the interview. I was called back in individually about 5 mins later and they offered me the job. Not everyone in the group got it so they ask you not to tell any candidates whether or not you got the job to avoid hurting feelings. Overall it was great!

Interview Questions

• Why US Airways? Why should we hire you? Why do you think you would be a good fit?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you felt empathetic with a customer but had to put your own needs first. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to use excellent customer service to deal with an irate customer? What did you do to diffuse the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, union job.

Baggage Specialist Resolution Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Completed the online application. Received the invite for the phone interview, completed with invitation to a face to face interview. It is a long process, learning patience, and about one month later I have accepted the offer. Training begins in one week, and I am excited to begin my new chapter.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Airways (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Only behavioral interview questions asked during the interview such as: "Describe a situation when you had to deal with difficult customer, difficult or dangerous situation." Describe a situation when you demonstrate that you are a team player, or did something special for a customer."

Interview Questions

• What your former employer would say about you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Tempe, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I first applied online. Received an email to set up appt. for phone interview after about 2 weeks. Phone interview said I could go to next phase, F2F. Face to face interview set. at the face to face I assumed it would be one on one, however it was a group interview. There were 2 recruiters who asked the group 3 questions each. They then ended with the question what do you do in your first 90 days and how do you get your day started.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest fault?   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Around first week of march :phone interview and after a week i recieved an email for a face to face interview.
    Around march 15:Around 50 people waiting for a face to face interview.
    An information session was conducted before the interview, and then each was called to a back room for a face to face interview.//make sure you pay attention to the information session or lecture.
    Around March 18 :Called to do a finger printing and sent to do a drug screening.
    Called around March 26, i passed background and waiting to be called by a trianing lead for next class,
    may be april or may!

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from the information session?
      Why do you want to work for US Airways?
      2-3 senerio questions
      Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Airways (Reno, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online then received an email the next day to call to do a pre-recorded phone interview with about 9 questions. It was super easy. Then i received a call from a recruiter the next day to schedule a face-to-face interview. I go in ready to go, i was 20 mins early like the recruiter told me to be. I waited for 15 mins while they figured out who would interview me lol. Its like they were not expecting me. So i go into a very tiny "breakroom" with a small table and two chairs. The girl had a packet of questions already typed up and they were the normal STAR personality questions. I felt I answered well and at the end when she asked if I had any questions for her, I asked what qualities would the ideal canidate have. She told me everything I am and offered me the job right there. I waited approx 5 mins up front so i could do the new hire paperwork with HR. After that I was instructed to get a drug test but it was like 4pm on fri so they said I could go monday. I did the drug test and they were running my background check. I also had to go get done fingerprinting. Ive completed all the requirements so I am just waiting for a phone call to start training.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with an upset customer and how did you deal with the situation? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond your normal job description to help a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Its not neogotiable because its union. I just asked for the job and got it.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Airways.

Interview

US Airways/ American really makes you feel comfortable and "at home". They make you feel welcome and make sure you know they appreciate your time.

I interviewed on Thursday- I wore a black skirt suit, light make up, and my hair was pulled in a sleek bun.

Arrived at noon and started with an ice breaker-There was only other 20 candidates in the room. After a short break you do a group interview that is professional yet relaxed. Following that is a presentation on the company and FA duties.

The day ended by having a member of the staff walk you out and ensure your contact information was correct. The process from start to finish was about 4 hours.

I had hoped to be selected but they sent me on my way saying they would email with results. I believe that if you were selected, you stayed behind for a background check and to be finger -printed.

It's hard to tell what they're looking for. Overall it was a positive experience despite the fact that I was not hired.

No "homework" was necessary although I did do some research on the company before hand.

No reach test, no language test, and questions about visible tattoos were not asked.

Interview Questions

• What are some qualities that make a great flight attendant?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Airways.

Interview

I went to the f2f in Dallas recently.The interview process is pretty similar to what everyone else already mention. At the end some people stayed for fingerprinted. There were some people who did very well in the interview and were dressed properly but did not get fingerprinted. However, people that were not dressed properly did get fingerprinted. I actually felt bad for people that should have got the position and they didn't.It is pretty unclear for what exactly they are looking for. You can go and do a great job for the interview and not get chosen.I feel that there needs to be more diversity in the people that do the hiring. Also,there needs to be more diversity in the candidates that are chosen for the position.Its 2015 and the company itself needs to REALLY represent the diverse group of customers they serve.

Reservations Agent- Tempe, AZ Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Airways.

Interview

After applying online I received an email the next morning inviting me to call into a phone interview. It was a list of about 9 pre-recorded questions where you would leave your response like a voicemail. You can not change your answer or review it. The questions were alot like the the other reviews below, alot of scenario questions, and brief explanation of job experience and likes and dislikes of your most 2 recent jobs. The same day I did the phone interview I received a call to set up a face to face interview for about a week later. They ask you to dress professional, so business casual is out of the question. I arrived at the interview about 20mins early, thankfully because it took me a minute to find out which entrance to enter. The entrance is located in the back not the front. The lady took me back and gave me a brief overview of the job, then asked if I would like to continue. Asked me about my previous job experience, some behavioral questions, and two final questions at the end. In total it lasted about 30min. Now just waiting on a call back to see if I was accepted. Everyone I met with was very nice and helpful, including the security guard at the front desk. My overall experience was a positive one and made me want to work for the company even more.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?
      What makes you stand out from other candidates?
      What do you feel you have that will benefit the company?
      Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Airways.

Interview

Just had f2f interview in Dallas. Of course, everyone that was there (31 of us total) had studied glassdoor - i'm here to tell you they have finally changed up the interview process! Let me start by saying, our host was very funny and nice, and I absolutely loved all of the people that came. Every person in the room would have made a great flight attendant. When you first get there, you meet in the lobby and we all talked for about an hour. Then you go to the meeting room, where you sign in and meet the panel that you will be working with that day. There were five tables set up, and you sit at one (the rest of the people will be your 'group' throughout the day).. We then had an ice breaker, which is a group project - you have to write three things you and all of the people at your table have in common, and then one fact about yourself that no one would expect. You and your group then get up in front of the room and read someone else's fact about themselves, and the other groups in the room have to guess who really wrote that fact. It was really fun and interesting to learn about everyone else in the room, and also makes you feel relaxed with everyone else! Then you have a break. After the break, you go to an interview room with about 5-6 other people and two panel members. That was probably the most awkward part, only because you all have to answer the same three questions, and you don't really want to give the same answer as the person in front of you, but theres really only so many different ways to say the same thing. Anyway, then you all go back to the room and watch a powerpoint on US Airways/AA merge and details about the job. Then they start "saying their goodbyes" - They call everyone out one by one, in no particular order. I know the girl they called first, did get offered the job, and the girl they called after her did not.. So, there was no real order - they would either escort you down the hall and to the shuttle while thanking you for your time, or take you into another room - do an individual interview and take fingerprints.

I hope this helps! Best of luck to everyone!

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   1 Answer