US Airways Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Airways Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I first placed an application online and received a call a few days for phone interview. The questions were along the lines of what is your background in customer service. The entire call may have been less than 10 min. I was then offered to com in for a face to face interview.
    A week later I attended the in-person interview. There was approximately 50 or so people. We were given a hand out of general benefits, pay scale and looked a presentation about the company. Afterwards we were called in individually in no particular order for a one on one interview with a hiring manger. It was the same process as over the phone but it little more detailed questions about yourself and background of what you have done. Once that was completed I was given a unofficial offer letter and advised to go to another room to start filling out all the necessary paper work, fingerprinting,and I had to have on bring 2 forms of ID, Last 10 years employment history and Last 5 years residence addresses. After all that was complete I had to go to have a drug screening that same day. The whole process from start to finish moved very quickly. The background check seemed to take a little while longer than I expected but I would highly recommend applying it would be worth it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to handle an irate customer etc...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

We were told there were 244K applicants that applied and about 50 of us were chosen for the interview.

First they greeted us and had an ice breaker exercise where you had to guess something particular about a person not in your group. Then they called out about 7 of us to go into a room with two Representatives. We had to get up and answer three questions which were not difficult but a bit awkward because it was in-front of everyone. The first two were the same for everyone and the third one was selected out of a deck.

After that we watched a video about the airlines then they came in and called everyone out one by one and escorted them to the shuttle. I personally did not get offered a job and neither was anyone waiting for the shuttle.

The people called out first were not out waiting for the shuttle and presumably offered positions. They tell you that you would get a letter anywhere from 3 days to two weeks after interview. One gentleman said that if you are not offered a position today that it is a possibility you can still get the job because they will go back through the videos.

Overall the interview process was not bad at all. It was a great experience for me and help me to prepare for the next time. Which I am going on very soon with a different airline.

Good luck to everyone in there efforts just keep persevering.

EXCELSIOR!!!

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be one of the biggest challenges facing a flight attendant?

Why do you want to become a flight attendant?

What was the proudest moment in your job career?   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Airways.

Interview

i applied a week ago and did the phone interview today waiting to hear back from them
    1.describe a time u had to deal with a difficult customer
    2.what are your last 2 positions you held
    3.what did you like about your last 2 positions and what didn't you like
    4.how was your metrics measured in the past and how did you feel about it
    this is all i remember but there are 9 questions in total

Interview Questions

• 1.describe a time u had to deal with a difficult customer
      2.what are your last 2 positions you held
      3.what did you like about your last 2 positions and what didn't you like
      4.how was your metrics measured in the past and how did you feel about it
      this is all i remember but there are 9 questions in total   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at US Airways in December 2014.

Interview

Applied in early January, 2014 and about a month later was invited to a video interview. Five questions total; a few of which were: Why do you want to become a flight attendant? and Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.

About six months after the video interview, I was invited to a F2F interview in Dallas, TX. It was a group of about 16 candidates, the process began with being broken down into three groups of 5-6 people and we did a group project to get to know each other better, followed by a group interview with three people, and after that we were called for a one on one and if you were chosen for training they brought you in to be fingerprinted.

Interview Questions

• If you were to hire a flight attendant, what qualities would you look for and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

After filling out the online application a brief phone interview, I was invited to a large group interview. 60 or so applicants sat through a brief presentation and then where called back to another room for a one-on-one interview, lasting about 30 minutes. I was then told to expect to hear in two weeks if I was chosen for the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are based on the STAR format. Situation, Action, Result.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Airways in January 2015.

Interview

Nightmare. I applied for three different positions with US Airways; 2 being part time and 1 being full time. I had a phone interview roughly 2 weeks after applying for the full time position and was told I would be moving on to the 1-1 interview. As with mostly everyone else, I had to wait for an appointment to open up for me to have a 1-1 interview. 2 months have gone by and I have been assigned no appointment. I call in almost everyday asking if any appointments have opened up, and I always am told that US Airways would contact me if anything opens up. Late last week I went online to check my application status, and I noticed the full time position had been changed to a part time position. In addition, I noticed that this same position was put in the archive category. I got in contact with US Airways support and it turns out the position I was waiting to have a 1-1 interview for was no longer available. This makes me pretty upset due to the fact that every time I call in to check on any available appointments for an in person interview, I am told that I am still being considered and someone will be in touch with me. Also, when I was in contact with US Airways support, the statuses they had taken note of for two of my applications I submitted were different than the statuses I saw on my career profile. Clearly there is some form of miscommunication going on and I'm not even an employee. If they can't communicate well during the hiring process, then what in the world would it be like once you work there.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Airways in January 2015.

Interview

Applied in October of 2014 and missed the 1st online interview. Was then emailed again in January 2015 for the online video interview and completed it. Now in March 2015 I have been selected to fly to Dallas for a group interview and that is all so far.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked as team to achieve a common goal and what you learned from it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have not been offered a job yet

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Airways (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online in Jan and was scheduled for a phone interview about a week later. After that interview I was immediately offered a f2f interview. Because of no available interview dates my f2f was not for another a month or so. It was about 50 people there interviewing. After our orientation we all had a 1 on 1 interview with a hiring manager. I'm not sure who got the job but they asked similar questions from the phone interview. PLEASE pay attention to the presentation. Those selected were drug tested and fingerprinted right after. The background check took a lil over a month but I think it will be well worth the wait!! Congrats to everyone who made it!!

Interview Questions

• Explain a personal difficult situation you've had and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Customer Assistance Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Airways (Phila, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Long process, started application which took four hours in November. Was called for an interview the last week of December and had problems getting in contact with them for phone interview. Began to work with the company after a background check in March and training lasted 2 weeks. One in classroom and one on the job. 120 work day probation.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in customer service   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

The process started with an online application. A few weeks later I was notified to do an online interview. It was a video and only took about 7 mins. the questions were your average interview questions. A couple months later, I was asked to come to Dallas for face to face interview.....I'm sitting in Dallas now waiting for the interview.....