US Army Army Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Army Army Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at US Army

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army (Washington, DC).

Interview

Had to take ROTC classes...No interview process required. Once you finish all your schooling, you are commissioned as a 2nd lieutenant. Then Uncle Sam owns your "forth point of contact."

Other Interview Reviews for US Army

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Army (Ogden, UT).

Interview

They really want to build their applicant pipeline, and generally speaking, they do an alright job of it. But they spend most of the time trying to convince you of how great the army is. As long as you're smart and have a good head on your shoulders, they will try to get you on the team.

Interview Questions

• You'll always get "why do you want to be an Army officer" in an OCS or ROTC interview. Just be honest. Trust me, as someone who sat on these interviews, you can see a fake patriotic response a mile away.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gillette, WY

Application

I interviewed at US Army (Gillette, WY) in January 2015.

Interview

Army Commendation Medal, Joint Service Commendation Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, NATO Medal, Parachutist Badge, Washington State University President’s Honor Roll, Graduate of Washington State University Honors College--magna cum laude

Army Officer Interview

Interview

Interview process is basically a length of time spent in training environments to see if candidates are able to meet the minimum standards. Depending on your route to a commission as an officer, you could potentially spend 5 years at the United States Military Academy, 4 years at a standard university studying your degree field mixed in with military leadership training, or attend Officer Candidate School where you will attend Basic Training then follow a lengthy evaluation process immediately after to determine your eligibility to serve as an officer.

Interview Questions

• There is not really specific questions. The process focuses more on practical real-life situations and how a candidate is able to respond under pressure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiations. Compensation and benefits stems from standardized formula and revisited yearly.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was for my college commissioning program and consisted of phone and panel interviews, physical fitness and health assessments, and essays. There is a different process to apply for Officer Candidate School.

Army Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Meet with your local recruiter and see what military occupational specialities your "qualified" for by taking the ASVAB which is the militarys version of an IQ/aptitude test. You will be taken to the nearest Military Entrance Processing center for a briefing, sign contract, fingerprint, herded like cattle. Review contract enlistment options, contract lenth etc. then ship for basic training sometime soon then attend OSUT or AIT, then first duty station assignment where you will actually start to "work".

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Army Officer Interview

Interview

The process was conducted mainly through recruiters. Eventually, for an OCS contract, you will be interviewed by a board consisting of (in my case) one Major and three Captains. They will proceed to ask you general interview questions pertaining to your work ethic, management abilities, how to deal with conflict, etc. Nothing very difficult.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about any discrepencies in your past and how you would deal with a soldier who was in a similar situation.   Answer Question

Army Officer Interview

Interview

Army Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC) enables students to enroll in elective leadership and military courses at colleges and universities in addition to their required courses. Upon graduation, ROTC cadets are commissioned as Army second lieutenants.

Direct Commission provides leaders in professional fields such as law, medicine and religion the opportunity to become an Army Commissioned Officer. Upon completion of their officer training program, they are commissioned at a rank determined by their career branch.

OCS allows college graduates to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to be commissioned as an Army officer. Through classroom instruction and training exercises, candidates learn to become leaders. Upon completion of OCS, they are commissioned as Army Second Lieutenants.

West Point is one of our country’s premier colleges. West Point cadets are immersed in military customs and traditions while working toward a college degree. Upon graduation, West Point cadets are commissioned as Army Second Lieutenants.

Interview Questions

• Requirements for becoming a Commissioned Officer vary based upon which path you choose.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Fullerton, CA).

Interview

Started in college in ROTC. The Army ROTC campus personnel interviewed me, checked my grades, and explained what the army offered. I did not recieve my commision until I finished basic training, ROTC campus classes, and advance camp (now known as Warrior Forge). Even completion of ROTC does not ensure you are commisioned, you will also be subject to a background investigation and must complete your degree.

Following commisioning a new officer must complete their Officer basic courses prior to going into the field as an army officer.

Interview Questions

• ROTC is a process and not just a series of interviews. A cadet will be faced with a number of leadship tests and trials that will be evaluated. Many of these are done in the field during training.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It's the Army.

Army Officer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Earned an ROTC Scholarship, after graduation, I started my career

Interview Questions

• A degree of uncertainty with the career field given to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

negoatiations not practicale