US Army Army Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Army Army Officer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army (Washington, DC).

Interview

Had to take ROTC classes...No interview process required. Once you finish all your schooling, you are commissioned as a 2nd lieutenant. Then Uncle Sam owns your "forth point of contact."

Other Interview Reviews for US Army

Army Officer Interview

Interview

Interview process is basically a length of time spent in training environments to see if candidates are able to meet the minimum standards. Depending on your route to a commission as an officer, you could potentially spend 5 years at the United States Military Academy, 4 years at a standard university studying your degree field mixed in with military leadership training, or attend Officer Candidate School where you will attend Basic Training then follow a lengthy evaluation process immediately after to determine your eligibility to serve as an officer.

Interview Questions

• There is not really specific questions. The process focuses more on practical real-life situations and how a candidate is able to respond under pressure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiations. Compensation and benefits stems from standardized formula and revisited yearly.

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Army (Ogden, UT).

Interview

They really want to build their applicant pipeline, and generally speaking, they do an alright job of it. But they spend most of the time trying to convince you of how great the army is. As long as you're smart and have a good head on your shoulders, they will try to get you on the team.

Interview Questions

• You'll always get "why do you want to be an Army officer" in an OCS or ROTC interview. Just be honest. Trust me, as someone who sat on these interviews, you can see a fake patriotic response a mile away.   1 Answer

Army Officer Interview

Interview

Went through ROTC and it was easy. First was phone call and then you meet in person. Have to pass a physical fitness test, which is obvious... Overall if you really want it and the scholarship is available, then you will achieve your goal.

Army Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

There was no interview. As long as you pass ROTC or a military academy, there may be an interview to get into one of those. There was no interview. As long as you pass ROTC or a military academy, there may be an interview to get into one of those. There was no interview. As long as you pass ROTC or a military academy, there may be an interview to get into one of those. There was no interview. As long as you pass ROTC or a military academy, there may be an interview to get into one of those.

Interview Questions

• The most important thing is do join the military with conviction.   1 Answer

Army Officer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Sign on the dotted line. I attended ROTC through college. Simple process had me fill out some forms, pass a physical and drug screen. My ROTC program was 1.5 years done through the university. Couldn't be easier. Great way to get some amazing experience and pay right out of college especially if you want to do something a bit different.

Anonymous Employee in Gillette, WY

Application

I interviewed at US Army (Gillette, WY) in January 2015.

Interview

Army Commendation Medal, Joint Service Commendation Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, NATO Medal, Parachutist Badge, Washington State University President’s Honor Roll, Graduate of Washington State University Honors College--magna cum laude

Army Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Meet with your local recruiter and see what military occupational specialities your "qualified" for by taking the ASVAB which is the militarys version of an IQ/aptitude test. You will be taken to the nearest Military Entrance Processing center for a briefing, sign contract, fingerprint, herded like cattle. Review contract enlistment options, contract lenth etc. then ship for basic training sometime soon then attend OSUT or AIT, then first duty station assignment where you will actually start to "work".

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Army Officer Interview

Interview

The process was conducted mainly through recruiters. Eventually, for an OCS contract, you will be interviewed by a board consisting of (in my case) one Major and three Captains. They will proceed to ask you general interview questions pertaining to your work ethic, management abilities, how to deal with conflict, etc. Nothing very difficult.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about any discrepencies in your past and how you would deal with a soldier who was in a similar situation.   Answer Question

Army Officer Interview

Interview

Pass a medical, physical test, background check

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign or domestic?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-Existent