US Army Army Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Army Army Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at US Army

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army (Washington, DC).

Interview

Had to take ROTC classes...No interview process required. Once you finish all your schooling, you are commissioned as a 2nd lieutenant. Then Uncle Sam owns your "forth point of contact."

Other Interview Reviews for US Army

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was for my college commissioning program and consisted of phone and panel interviews, physical fitness and health assessments, and essays. There is a different process to apply for Officer Candidate School.

Army Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

I had to get a nomination from a U.S. Senator, take a fitness assessment, and then also interview. The actual interview(s) consisted of a lot of questions about leadership and why I am great American.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I sat before a 3 man panel. Line of questions based on whole person concept to determine presence of mind, professional abilities and overall fitness to be entrusted with leading America's sons and daughters in combat.

Interview Questions

• Based on your sum experience, why are you a good fit to be an Army Officer?   Answer Question

Army Officer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Army in November 2009.

Interview

Becoming an Army Officer is challenging but not difficult, all courses are designed for you to succeed. OCS (officer candidate school) is the biggest hurtle consisting of Physical Conditioning, Military Academics, and leadership potential. One is graded and ranked with peers in the above category and is only selected is he or she passes all 3 functional areas according to Army Standards.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging part of being an Army Officer is handling stress and responsibility. The Army gives you near impossible tasks and expects it to be done on time and accurately. You must manage the time of others to accomplish goals and make the mission happen.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you time it right you will be able to choose your duty location if there is vacancies. Many have very few assignments and go where the Army needs them.

Army Officer Interview

Interview

The process was conducted mainly through recruiters. Eventually, for an OCS contract, you will be interviewed by a board consisting of (in my case) one Major and three Captains. They will proceed to ask you general interview questions pertaining to your work ethic, management abilities, how to deal with conflict, etc. Nothing very difficult.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about any discrepencies in your past and how you would deal with a soldier who was in a similar situation.   Answer Question

Army Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Meet with your local recruiter and see what military occupational specialities your "qualified" for by taking the ASVAB which is the militarys version of an IQ/aptitude test. You will be taken to the nearest Military Entrance Processing center for a briefing, sign contract, fingerprint, herded like cattle. Review contract enlistment options, contract lenth etc. then ship for basic training sometime soon then attend OSUT or AIT, then first duty station assignment where you will actually start to "work".

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Army (Houston, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Work with a recruiter and conduct an interview with a panel of 3-5 Army Officers. Questions are situation based. Then move through the process through ROTC, USMA or OCS.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced an ethical dilemma, how did you handle it, and what actions would you change and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set salaries, no negotiation.

Army Officer Interview

Interview

Pass a medical, physical test, background check

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign or domestic?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-Existent

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Springfield, MO) in August 2010.

Interview

Rigorous application process followed by an Officer Selection

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have had to overcome adversity   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A