US Army Army Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Army Army Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at US Army

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army (Washington, DC).

Interview

Had to take ROTC classes...No interview process required. Once you finish all your schooling, you are commissioned as a 2nd lieutenant. Then Uncle Sam owns your "forth point of contact."

Other Interview Reviews for US Army

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was for my college commissioning program and consisted of phone and panel interviews, physical fitness and health assessments, and essays. There is a different process to apply for Officer Candidate School.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I sat before a 3 man panel. Line of questions based on whole person concept to determine presence of mind, professional abilities and overall fitness to be entrusted with leading America's sons and daughters in combat.

Interview Questions

• Based on your sum experience, why are you a good fit to be an Army Officer?   Answer Question

Army Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

I had to get a nomination from a U.S. Senator, take a fitness assessment, and then also interview. The actual interview(s) consisted of a lot of questions about leadership and why I am great American.

Army Officer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Army in November 2009.

Interview

Becoming an Army Officer is challenging but not difficult, all courses are designed for you to succeed. OCS (officer candidate school) is the biggest hurtle consisting of Physical Conditioning, Military Academics, and leadership potential. One is graded and ranked with peers in the above category and is only selected is he or she passes all 3 functional areas according to Army Standards.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging part of being an Army Officer is handling stress and responsibility. The Army gives you near impossible tasks and expects it to be done on time and accurately. You must manage the time of others to accomplish goals and make the mission happen.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you time it right you will be able to choose your duty location if there is vacancies. Many have very few assignments and go where the Army needs them.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Army (Fresno, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

ROTC, 4 weeks of field training, and a few college classes is all that is required.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to die for a cause you many not agree with?
      They Army may be difficult on your marriage. Are you willing to take that chance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase.

Army Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

A battery of tests, ACT score, GT Score, Physical Requirements, clean background, problem scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to send Soldiers into combat knowing some may not make it back home alive?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Army Officer Interview

Interview

Army Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC) enables students to enroll in elective leadership and military courses at colleges and universities in addition to their required courses. Upon graduation, ROTC cadets are commissioned as Army second lieutenants.

Direct Commission provides leaders in professional fields such as law, medicine and religion the opportunity to become an Army Commissioned Officer. Upon completion of their officer training program, they are commissioned at a rank determined by their career branch.

OCS allows college graduates to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to be commissioned as an Army officer. Through classroom instruction and training exercises, candidates learn to become leaders. Upon completion of OCS, they are commissioned as Army Second Lieutenants.

West Point is one of our country’s premier colleges. West Point cadets are immersed in military customs and traditions while working toward a college degree. Upon graduation, West Point cadets are commissioned as Army Second Lieutenants.

Interview Questions

• Requirements for becoming a Commissioned Officer vary based upon which path you choose.   Answer Question

Army Officer Interview

Interview

Commissioned through ROTC process. Then I attended an Officer basic course to educate me in my specific field of service, then later I attended an intermediate advanced course to educated in the methods of leading a company of soldiers as well as how to accomplish basic staff planning and other work.

Interview Questions

• There was no interview process, but a four year program.   Answer Question

Army Officer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Earned an ROTC Scholarship, after graduation, I started my career

Interview Questions

• A degree of uncertainty with the career field given to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

negoatiations not practicale