US Army Army Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Army Army Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at US Army

2.6

Army Officer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Sign on the dotted line. I attended ROTC through college. Simple process had me fill out some forms, pass a physical and drug screen. My ROTC program was 1.5 years done through the university. Couldn't be easier. Great way to get some amazing experience and pay right out of college especially if you want to do something a bit different.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Army

Anonymous Employee in Highland Falls, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army (Highland Falls, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Non-existent. You sign up with a recruiter and have a pulse. The Army has lost its way and it's senior leadership is capricious in its desires and strategic direction. The lack of senior leadership discipline is a symptom of a greater issue.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Nashville, TN) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied for an Army officer position and it require that I'd be interviewed by 3 different individual. Questions were typical and not difficult to answer. I arrived in a suit and had prepared for the interview. A lot of discussion about my motivations and desires to joining the military.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my motivations to join the Army.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Army (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Board meeting before a panel that asked questions relevant to leadership positions and willingness to undergo training/Army lifestyle. It was a very easy process at the time, since they were taking almost anyone due to the surge. They tried to make it as intimidating as possible with a lot of drill and ceremony.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Benning, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Fort Benning, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

It is a little more than a hiring process. If you have a college degree you will need to attend basic training and Officer Candidate School. If you can deal with the lifestyle and some minor discomfort you will be an Army Officer.

Interview Questions

• They really don't ask you questions other than some personal ones in the recruiting process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army (Washington, DC) in June 2011.

Interview

None I was sent off to school. Have to have a degree to become an officer. West Point, ROTC, OCS are how you do it. Branches are assigned differently based on you source of commission

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Sacramento, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

You must take and pass a Physical Fitness test as well as be interviewed by a panel of 3 Army Officers. They take turns asking you questions relating to your work history, background, family, financial history, criminal history, and personality.

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Army (Ogden, UT).

Interview

They really want to build their applicant pipeline, and generally speaking, they do an alright job of it. But they spend most of the time trying to convince you of how great the army is. As long as you're smart and have a good head on your shoulders, they will try to get you on the team.

Interview Questions

• You'll always get "why do you want to be an Army officer" in an OCS or ROTC interview. Just be honest. Trust me, as someone who sat on these interviews, you can see a fake patriotic response a mile away.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gillette, WY

Application

I interviewed at US Army (Gillette, WY) in January 2015.

Interview

Army Commendation Medal, Joint Service Commendation Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, NATO Medal, Parachutist Badge, Washington State University President’s Honor Roll, Graduate of Washington State University Honors College--magna cum laude

Army Officer Interview

Interview

Went through ROTC and it was easy. First was phone call and then you meet in person. Have to pass a physical fitness test, which is obvious... Overall if you really want it and the scholarship is available, then you will achieve your goal.