US Army Army Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Army Army Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at US Army

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Army (Fayetteville, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

Detailed and thorough process which includes leadership training, L.D.R.S.H.I.P. review, Army Values review, community contributions, and outlook on life and ones future. The interview process also includes an analysis of debt, personal and legal background, education, and drug use. Based on the outcome of those tests you are placed in a position that will best suit your abilities and your strengths.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose to serve your country?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Army

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Baltimore, MD) in July 2011.

Interview

You have to go to a recruiting station, from there you put together your packet and if you are selected you sign a contract for a date to start basic training. On you assigned date you go to basic training and then to officer candidate school to commission. Following that you go to your branch specific training and onto your first unit.

Interview Questions

• Q: Have you ever done drugs?   1 Answer
    • Q: How many times a week do you drink   1 Answer

Army Officer Interview

Interview

Interview process is basically a length of time spent in training environments to see if candidates are able to meet the minimum standards. Depending on your route to a commission as an officer, you could potentially spend 5 years at the United States Military Academy, 4 years at a standard university studying your degree field mixed in with military leadership training, or attend Officer Candidate School where you will attend Basic Training then follow a lengthy evaluation process immediately after to determine your eligibility to serve as an officer.

Interview Questions

• There is not really specific questions. The process focuses more on practical real-life situations and how a candidate is able to respond under pressure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiations. Compensation and benefits stems from standardized formula and revisited yearly.

Army Officer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

ROTC - 4 year college degree and Military education. Advanced leadership experience gained each year until your commission. Placement in the military is based on your performance over that entire period. The better you prepare yourself the more likely you will be placed in the MOS and area you desire.

Army Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Was recruited when I was 17. Process is straghtforward, have to get medically sreened, legal background check etc. Went to the recruiters office, told them I wanted to sign up. They scheduled the ASVAB, etc and set a date to go to MEPS. Once I got to MEPS did the physical and choose my MOS.

Interview Questions

• None, I had nothing to hide and had a clean background so it was painless and quick   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, you take what is available/offered

Army Officer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Very long and mentally and emotionally demanding the process involves aptitude testing, medical screening and a 3 month Officer training course

Army Officer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army in December 2010.

Interview

I started the process by going to the recruiting station to talk about options with a recruiter. They recommended that I apply for OCS since I had a B.S. degree. I filled out the paperwork and went before a panel of officer recruiters. I was one of many applicants that were applying.