US Army Company Commander Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Army Company Commander Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Fort Leonard Wood, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Fort Leonard Wood, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a great experience, one thing that was stressed was the importance of character. An emphasis was placed on having an impact on the community, by having a positive influence on the life of at least one person each day.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what impact did I think I could have on the organization   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Army

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Army (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

the process was pretty easy, had to attend a board and the questions were not that difficult. I prepared before the interview and got advice from other people. it went well and the board was understanding of the situation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase

Company Commander Interview

Interview

The hiring process differs in the Army compared to the civilian sector. Company Command is a necessity in order to advance to the next rank within the basic branches. Too often BN commanders evaluate the candidates based on their OERs, reputation, past performance, physical fitness, and year group. If a opening is available the candidate who is next in the seat, more often than not, will be selected. Once I was selected the BN Commander called me in his office for a basic meet and greet followed by a 3-mile run and 30 minute gym session the next mooring. He basically tested if I possessed the physical and mental fitness to lead his Soldiers.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult "I got you" question. I can't stress enough that Company Command is a necessity and approximately 80% of captains will be afford the opportunity to lead America's most valuable resource " The American Soldier".   Answer Question

Company Commander Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army in September 2013.

Interview

basic get to know you interview with BN Commander. Kinda know you are getting a company command just need to decide which one you get based off of experience and how you do in interview.

Interview Questions

• how do you want to run your company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Army (San Antonio, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Created policies that I would implement if I were to be in command. Briefed battalion commander on what I thought my expectations would be. I answered several questions from him and was offered the job the next week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in command?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Meade, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Army (Fort Meade, MD) in November 2012.

Interview

Leadership had a vacant position which required an immediate fill. Required a specific level of experience and time available to be hired. There were a very small number of appli9cants and I was requested to specifically come in even though I had not applied.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with our civilian counterpart organization?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Polk, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US Army (Fort Polk, LA) in March 2012.

Interview

Went in to see the Battalion Commander, I reported in, he told me to stand at ease. He had my ORB in front of him. He wanted to know how I go stuck at Fort Leonard Wood for 6 years. I told him about the deployment and then getting surgery and stuck in TRADOC. He then asked about my extensive Platoon Leader experience. Then he said based on my background and experience he was going to give me the Vertical Construction compnay.

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Army (Newport News, VA) in September 2009.

Interview

It was very informal. They LTC wanted to get a feel for the type of person i am. What are my future goals and how they compare with unit I might command. The LTC spoke of different senarios and how i went about solving them.

Interview Questions

• What are you weaknesses? And what would you do to grow from them   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotations

Company Commander Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US Army (Seoul (South Korea)) in June 2015.

Interview

You must be captain career course complete and interview with the battalion commander for the opportunity to command. In addition you must put together a military resume with your pt card, past oer's, weapons qual card, orb and what ever other documentations they require to interview.

Interview Questions

• They will ask questions that relate to situations you will possibly encounter when you are a company commander and how you would handle the situation.   1 Answer

Company Commander Interview

Interview

No interview process for most units. A common trend among Brigade Commanders (the leader who selects Company Commanders) is to have them first serve on the Brigade staff when they arrive to a unit out of their Captain's Career Course. There they will be assessed and selected for Command

Interview Questions

• As stated, no interview, just judged by your ability to work with others, accomplish tasks, and think creatively   Answer Question