US Army Corps of Engineers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Army Corps of Engineers Interview Questions

Interviews at US Army Corps of Engineers

2.4

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

Interview

The interview process was different because of covid19. usually, you are referred. You may receive a call from the hiring manager. If you receive a call, sometimes they invite you to the place to check it out. Then interview you. and then wait 2 weeks to find out if you got it.

Interview Questions

• if i could handle driving an hour each way. if i could work with different kinds of people. If i knew certain things.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in February 2020.

Interview

Took about a month for entire process. I Had only 1 interview on the phone. It was a panel of 4 interview. Only 8 questions were asked during interview.

Student Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

Interview

I submitted my application through USAjobs.gov. I later got a call asking if I would like the job. There wasn't any interview process really. I assume you just have to be able to pass the background check.

Technical Writer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Kansas City, MO) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process was LONG. After applying it was 4 months before I interviewed and then another 4 before I actually started. There were some hiccups that delayed things a bit but a lot of waiting is the norm for government jobs.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a coworker who is hard to deal with or upsets you?   1 Answer
    • What does the project or paper writing process look like for you?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with a fast approaching deadline?   1 Answer

Student Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troutdale, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Troutdale, OR).

Interview

After applying online, I received a call to schedule an interview with a panel. There I answered 20 or so questions that assessed initiative, ambition, and long-term interests. Each member of the panel took turns asking the list of questions.

Civil Engineer Interview

Interview

Was not made clear that the phone call was the interview. Had implied over email that it was not but the phone call quickly became clear that it was the interview.

Regulatory Compliance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in January 2019.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview. They called me and asked me a series of questions and I answered to the best of my abilities. It was very professional and straightforward.

General Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Winchester, VA) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied for a direct hire authority position on USAJobs and was scheduled for interview 1-2 weeks later. About a month later I got an unofficial offer pending approval for a security clearance. About a month after that I was given a firm offer. The whole process was as streamlined as it could be for a federal position. The interview was a casual 30 minute phone interview with very basic interview questions. It was more of a casual conversation than an interview. Time was left at the end for me to ask my own questions about the position. The longest part of the process was waiting on getting approved for security clearance so I could begin work. The hiring manager also maintained communication throughout the whole process and was very helpful.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview was well organized and easy to set up by email and phone. Questions are asked by a panel and are fair questions relating to the position. Questions are open ended.

Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2018.

Interview

Panel interview of 5 asking scripted tell me about type questions that alternated from one panel member to the next. At the end I was afforded time to ask the panel members questions about the position, the work...

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to work with a difficult person? Tell me how you handle it?   Answer Question