US Army Corps of Engineers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at US Army Corps of Engineers

2.4

Sort:

Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

Interview

I was first called by the executive assistant and the current aide and asked some basic questions about what I was interested in and my future with the Engineers. Then I was brought in face to face with the General who asked me pointed questions.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Sacramento, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Found opportunity on www.USAjobs.gov and applied. Was called in to interview by HR for a developmental Contract Specialist Intern. Interview consisted of all 4 chiefs in the office. the beginning of the interview consisted of questions about my resume, the second half of the interview were behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you had to make a decision on your own.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Concord, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Very simple straightforward process. Found the job online and came in to meet the team and chatted about different kinds of projects they were working on. Supervisor asked a simple market sizing question and requested a writing sample. Received the offer a few days later.

Park Ranger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Georgetown, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I was emailed the position information from a former mentor. Now, I think all seasonal positions have to go through USAJobs. I emailed the Lake Manager (who has since moved) and he set up a phone interview. After that, the manager set me up with their administrative assistant who helped me navigate the hiring process. It was a short interview.

Soldier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Springfield, MO) in August 2009.

Interview

background check, drug test, MEPS Processing

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating. Pay grades are set organization-wide.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

Interview

Initial phone call- Went over basics of jobs and made sure still interested. In person interview - basically just confirmed that I would be happy in the position. Less than twenty minutes. Started the next week.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Applications Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Was simple and easy, almost to easy. Applied online, received call less than 10 days later and conducted short telephone interview and setup personal interview at office. Few days latter received offer.

Negotiation

N/A

Aquatic Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vicksburg, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Vicksburg, MS) in December 2009.

Interview

I met my lab manager at lunch in VIcksburg, MS. We discussed my previous experience of working as a field/lab biologist in college. We also discussed how under the gun the lab was for their latest project, so i volunteered to work that day. My manager (as well as his manager) said "We've never had anyone who was willing to work on the day of their interview." And that's how i got hired.

Interview Questions

• The interview was a breeze, there were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a reasonable salary ($10.00/hr), as well as days off that i needed.

Internship Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in March 2009.

Interview

Please note that the best way to get in contact with the Corps of Engineers regarding their intern program is to stop by their booth at a career fair or find the contact's name online. For some reason, the program does not appear in the main federal hiring database.

Because the intern program is entry-level and requires no work experience, the interview focused on instances in which I displayed various qualities: initiative, teamwork. A set list of questions was used; presumably multiple candidates were interviewed according to the same questionnaire. They also require a college transcript.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance in which you exemplified teamwork.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

Interview

Face to face interview with the section you'll be working in. They mostly asked about my experience thus far and what classes I've taken. They explained what their section does for the company and what you could potentially be doing if you get the job.