US Army Corps of Engineers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Army Corps of Engineers Interview Questions

2.0

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Civil Engineer Student Pathways Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

Interview

I met someone who was at the career fair at my college and we hit it off. He gave my information to one of his colleagues and we arranged a call/phone interview. This may be a unique experience but it was very informal. He didn't really ask me any tough questions--just simple stuff about myself. We talked for about 30 minutes; the majority was him describing how great the corps was. Very polite, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable.

StudentEnvironmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in December 2014.

Interview

Time between initial communication and interview was 1 week. Expenses paid for travel costs. The interview was formal and included speaking with various members of the team about the challenges of working in a travel intensive setting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous environmental project experience.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your undergraduate/graduate research projects.   Answer Question
    • Am I able to travel extensively? (which may preclude you from having a traditional family life)   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable in the field. The interviewers wanted to hear specifically that I prefer working in a field setting.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer (New Graduate - Hydrology) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and about a month later, I received a phone call asking to set up a phone interview. I was told that there was a certain deadline that they were trying to meet, and that the entire interview/hiring process would be complete within 1 week. Apparently this was not typical, but was the situation at hand. Fairly straightforward phone interview that had one manager asking questions and 4 managers listening in a conference call. Questions were prewritten, with the occasional question for elaboration on an answer. Total interview time was approximately 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to develop a new skill for work or a project.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 and 10 years with work? Where do you see yourself living in 5 and 10 years?   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied online at USAJOBS. It took about 6 weeks to receive and email that I made it to the interview stage. They flew me in to do an in person interview. It was very structured interview. There were 4 people in the interview, the dept. head read the job description and handed me a list of 8 questions. He said start with

Interview Questions

• question 1 and the 4 interviewers wrote everything that was said. The questions were very generic. They dealt with education and experience. Nothing difficult or situational.   Answer Question

Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Omaha, NE) in April 2014.

Interview

Very informal. They had pre-selected so I didn't have a chance. They usually only select prior military. Worst interview I ever had. They are given prepared questions from HR to ask but they just ask them to check the box. If you are not prior military the chances you'll get the job are almost zero.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

Interview

Took about 3 weeks after making a referral list to be asked to interview. Interview was 45 min, 8 questions. No second interview. Had to call and ask the status, they dont seem to let you know if you don't get selected. Asked pretty general questions, want examples of specific projects, teamwork, leadership

Interview Questions

• How have you worked on difficult technical projects and how did you lead the team doing so? Describe the technical project.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in November 2009.

Interview

Very formal process with 10 questions asked by the board president and the other 2 members grading the responses. There was no elaboration on the question nor any discussion after the answer was given. The entire process took about 45 minutes. My best advice I can give is read the job announcement very carefully and you can almost come up with the questions from the key words that are placed in the Job Description.

Interview Questions

• Describe the Governemnts role in Project Management   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Interviewed by the construction management division. It's a 3:1 interview, but they are super nice and casual. They basically just asked me to give detail info on the things that I've put on my resume (i.e.: if you mention about a course project on your resume, they would ask you what that project is about...). No technical problems, no writing test.

Dredge Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in June 2009.

Interview

The process begins with an online application that you fill out on the "Army Resume Builder" website. The system requires you to provide a lot of specific details regarding your previous employment (specifically, salary, hours worked, dates of employment and duties performed). After you have built your resume you submit it and wait for the position posting to close. If you are selected, you will have an interview about three weeks later. The interview is conducted with a panel of three members. The board asks a series of questions designed to get a feel for how you will perform within their organization. They were very friendly throughout the process and the interview lasts less than 1/2 an hour. It seemed like it would have been a really good place to work.

Interview Questions

• Would you tell us about yourself?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in March 2009.

Interview

Please note that the best way to get in contact with the Corps of Engineers regarding their intern program is to stop by their booth at a career fair or find the contact's name online. For some reason, the program does not appear in the main federal hiring database.

Because the intern program is entry-level and requires no work experience, the interview focused on instances in which I displayed various qualities: initiative, teamwork. A set list of questions was used; presumably multiple candidates were interviewed according to the same questionnaire. They also require a college transcript.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance in which you exemplified teamwork.   Answer Question