US Army Corps of Engineers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.4

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Columbus, MS).

Interview

Straight forward interview questions. Was interviewed by the supervisor and the senior engineer. Asked questions about knowledge with circuits and programming. Match classwork to job requirements. Wanted someone that was willing to work outdoors and relocate to a rural location. Supervisor was nice and seem to be sizing me up to see if I fit the office culture. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with Printed Circuit boards?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Done on campus at NJIT, the whole interview was very basic like :
    Why do you want to join the Corps of engineers? Where do you see yourself in the future? Tell us about your accomplishments, failure and the like.

Realty Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Savannah, GA).

Interview

I never had an interview. Because I held a Real Estate Sale Agent license I was hired over the phone. Which was GREAT! We went over my experience in the Real Estate field and the available position was then explained to me and how it correlated with Real Estate.

Negotiation

There was not an option to negotiate.

Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

They called to schedule a phone interview the very next day. Limited scheduling flexibility which is difficult if you are currently working. There will typically be 3-4 people on your panel. They ask every applicant the exact same question. The interview is limited. You may have 10 questions. Some interviews have been harder than others.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience with 404 and section 10
      Would you accept the position
      Is there anything we havent asked you that you think we should know
      Why do you want to work for the ACOE
      Answer Question

Computer Engineer, Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in March 2015.

Interview

I heard about an information session about this company and I asked engaging questions during the presentation. The next day I met with the campus recruiter at my university job fair to give him my resume and gain more rapport. Next I interviewed at their office and was offered an internship over the phone a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a work scenario where there was a disagreement.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Panel Interview in which office employees all asked questions. They asked me to change my major in order to attain the clerical part-time position. In addition, they berated employees who were not in the room. Overall it was a terrible experience, and certainly not somewhere I would want to work.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

The work environment that the employees presented to me left much to be desired, and I was not willing to change my major for a part-time clerical position.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Very rigid process. Only asked very small number of scripted questions. Very little interaction or free flow conversation with interviewers. Seemed like they already knew what they were looking for, did NOT spend any time getting to know me as a person.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions: strengths, weaknesses, how do you handle conflict, etc. No scenario or analytics--just very standard vanilla questions. It is apparent that the Corps of Engineers and the government in general are far behind private industry in the talent acquisition area. The poor quality of the interview was part of the reason I ultimately declined the job.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

Interview

Plain questions approved by EEO. Take the opportunity of the boring questions to talk about yourself and your ideas. Know about the job you are applying for. Track down the hiring manager and ask questions before the interview. If you are a student there may be several ways in which you can transfer in as a student.

Interview Questions

• Normal stuff. Tell me something positive and negative about something you have done at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-negotiable

Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

Interview

I was first called by the executive assistant and the current aide and asked some basic questions about what I was interested in and my future with the Engineers. Then I was brought in face to face with the General who asked me pointed questions.

StudentEnvironmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in December 2014.

Interview

Time between initial communication and interview was 1 week. Expenses paid for travel costs. The interview was formal and included speaking with various members of the team about the challenges of working in a travel intensive setting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous environmental project experience.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your undergraduate/graduate research projects.   Answer Question
    • Am I able to travel extensively? (which may preclude you from having a traditional family life)   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable in the field. The interviewers wanted to hear specifically that I prefer working in a field setting.   Answer Question