US Army Corps of Engineers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.4

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Island, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Rock Island, IL).

Interview

Pretty laid back. Only had to interview with three people all at once for about an hour or so. Questions weren't specific, mostly general. The group was nice and gave me some background on the types of things they did.

Interview Questions

• They asked how much experience I had with electrical distribution design.   1 Answer
    • They asked about what type of projects I did at my past jobs, mostly on general.   1 Answer

Interview

Got a call and the interview was a few weeks later. Board interview with the group, they gave the interview questions beforehand and I had 10 minutes to review them. They were all behavioral.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Montgomery, AL) in April 2017.

Interview

I basically was selected but the manager called to see what time i was available to work. Have to have a security clearance. Interview was very easy. No behavioral questions were asked.

Civil Engineer Student Pathways Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

Interview

I met someone who was at the career fair at my college and we hit it off. He gave my information to one of his colleagues and we arranged a call/phone interview. This may be a unique experience but it was very informal. He didn't really ask me any tough questions--just simple stuff about myself. We talked for about 30 minutes; the majority was him describing how great the corps was. Very polite, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable.

Student Trainee (Accountant) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through USAjobs.gov in September. I got an email in mid November to come in for a panel interview. I got an email from the manager of the department in which I interviewed stating they chose me for the position and I would be hearing from HR. I got a tentative offer from HR a week later, I filled out some attached paper work and returned them via email stating I accepted the job and was hoping for a salary negotiation (pending) I am now waiting to get a firm offer!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you made a mistake and how you corrected it.   1 Answer

Regulatory Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Contacted first by the supervisor to schedule an interview, then from then on solely spoke with the HR rep. Because I was overseas, we conducted the interview over the phone.

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in November 2016.

Interview

There where many steps in the hiring process, applied via USA Jobs, passed the vetting of my resume, initial phone interview, and hiring screening with a panel of 4 individuals including the section Chief which was the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in various scenarios   1 Answer

Realty Assistant (Recent Graduate) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Louisville, KY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job through USAJOBS.GOV. It closed on Oct. 8. On Friday, Oct. 14, I received an email stating I had been referred to the appropriate hiring agency. That same day, the department chief called my phone, but I missed the call. So, she said she'd call the following Monday to discuss the job. When we spoke on the phone, she was very warm. It wasn't really an interview, but rather she explained what the job entailed and discussed the salary. She suggested we meet in her office so we can talk further and she can show me how the department is set up. She also wanted to show where I would be working. Before we hung up, she asked me one question, "What is your dream job?" I said I wanted a job where there's room for growth and I can contribute to the best of my ability. I wanted to be able to support the mission and vision of the organization, as well as have my values inline with its core values. Since my bachelor's degree is in business administration, she said, "So you want to stay in the business field." And I said, yes, of course, because that's my major.

I went to the office the following day. She pretty much talked about the benefits and talked about the responsibilities of the job. I should say that I claimed a 5 point veteran's preference on my application on USAJOBS.GOV since I served in the U.S. Navy and qualified. My grade point average for my major is 3.8. I think the combination of the 5 points and high GPA is what landed me the job.

Interview Questions

• After I have talked about the scope of responsibilities, are you still willing to take the job?   1 Answer

Regulatory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vicksburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers (Vicksburg, MS).

Interview

waited months for an interview; VERY formal; 10 questions in 30 mins; panel of 5-7 people; panel will not engage in conversation; took two weeks to get offer; HR moves VERY slowly

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job; conflict resolution question; time management question   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

Interview

The Corps tries to be fair and impartial, and to evaluate resumes based on merit. Personal relations do help a lot. Past history with the Corps helps a lot, particularly in the field you are applying for. Interview is often telephonic, to ensure fairness, though they fly people in for interviews at the higher (GS14+) levels. Most interviewers are by-the-book; they just read the questions and provide no feedback or responses during the interview. Some interviewers are more flexible and provide encouragement if you're doing well, and make sure you fully answered the questions. Wish they were all like that!

Interview Questions

• Design Experience in Civil Works
      Describe the MILCON design process.   Answer Question