US Army Infantryman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Army Infantryman Interview Questions

Interviews at US Army

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

There is a lot of paperwork to verify your background. Then you will proceed to take the ASVAB. After which, you will have to pass through the medical screening. Upon completion of the screening, you will sign a contract and head to your Basic Training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join the army?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Army

Anonymous Employee in Kearney, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Kearney, NE) in October 2012.

Interview

It is not a process they want you they will take you as long as you agree to a contract not really an interview at all. The overall process took a little longer because of the drive form the recruiting station to the inprocessing station which was 4 hours away. I made the trip a total of 4 times and after all was said and done I was accepted.

Interview Questions

• How many push ups can you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Goldsboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Goldsboro, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

There really wasn't a interview exactly, just answering questions about what are you looking for and then they eventually schedule you to take the ASVAB and PT test. After that you're just waiting for your ship date to come up and prepare to get yelled at once you get to where you're going to.

Interview Questions

• What exactly are you looking for to be in the best branch of the military?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Army (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

The local Entrance Processing Station does a sanity check and basic knowledge test that determines what kinds of jobs you can apply for. If you have any marks against you, like misdemeanors, you'll undergo an additional interview to get a waiver. There's alot of waiting and form filling. Don't trust anything recruiters promise you, unless it's in writing and been signed for. Try to get in a zen state and stay there, because you're going to need it throughout your entire time in the Army. "Hurry up and wait" is a phrase that will become very real to you for years.

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Bakersfield, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Met with a recruiter in Bakersfield, they scheduled the asvab and then took care of the paperwork, low pressure sell. The NCOIC at the recruiting center listened well, showed me available options and didn't try to pressure me into joining. The benefits were good, and the training also appealed to me as it was presented.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure that you want to join the infantry?   1 Answer

Infantryman Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

There is no interview process. As long as an individual passess the required examinations and tests, medical and otherwise, they are in. I had to take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, provide my medical records, and submit to a medical review where I was required to disrobe. I had to answer all questions honestly and sign my enlistment documents and then I was committed.

Interview Questions

• How long do you want to serve?   1 Answer

Infantryman Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Very cut and clear process. Be honest and open with the recruiters about your past. Come with all documents needed to process such as medical documents, court dockets, source documents, etc..

Anonymous Employee in Pittsfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Pittsfield, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

Short and to the point. You fill out an application after meeting with a recruiter. Once your application is accepted, you will go to a military processing facility (MEPS) where you will receive a comprehensive physical, do testing, sign forms, and then finally swear an oath of allegiance to our country.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join the armed forces?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very easy. The recruiter offered positions available and you could either select an available one or tell them that you want a different job, before you sign a contract. As a side note, absolutely do not go in with an open contract with no specified job. You will receive the worst positions available, better known as "needs of the Army."

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

No real interview process. All I had to do was go take a few test and sign paperwork. I was in boot camp within a month. Just make sure you research for what job you want and understand that once the contract is signed they own you until your ETS date

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Army (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Extremely easy, paperwork and a physical then job choice. Easiest thing I have ever been on. Harder now I hear, but they needed bodies then. High scoop diploma at a minimum.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to shoot someone and not go to jail?   1 Answer