US Army Infantryman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

1.6

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Army (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Fill out paperwork go to meps fill out more paper work, for background check, get blood tested, physical exam, medical screening, fill out more paperwork, then after all the paperwork is done you will get you ship date to go to basic training

Interview Questions

• If you have any past injuries   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Army

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Army (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Very easy having all your documents and not having a criminal background. Everything was done and submitted in a timely manner. You will get hired quickly once everything is completed and then off to basic training

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Army (Evansville, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

Asked if any criminal records, drug screen, checked out health, described a typical day, took the ASVAB, and talked to parents. Did a physical fitness test consisting of 2 min push ups, 2 minutes sit ups and 2 mile run.

Interview Questions

• What are your inspirations?   1 Answer

Infantryman Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Background check, a physical and an IQ test. It's not that hard to do but somehow people still can't get in. Have a clean background and be smarter than a tree and you too can join the United States Army

Interview Questions

• Have you done drugs? Are you a fellow? What do you want to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You take what is available

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Charleston, IL).

Interview

I went to the recruiting station and talked with a recruiter. The recruiter was very helpful, he gave me some reading material and set a time and date for me to return to take an assessment test. After taking the test I kept in contact with the recruiter and once a week stopped in the office because the recruiter was helping get me ready for basic training.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had a criminal record.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Eugene, OR).

Interview

There is no interview, just meeting with a local recruiter. You tae a few tests to find out what jobs you qualify for, a physical fitness test, then a lot of paperwork.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

There wasn't an interview process. I walked into the recruiters office and let them know I was interested in joining the Army. After being in I think there should be more interviewing to get into the military. A lot of people getting into the military don't really know what they are signing up for. There for they are struggling to cope with the military lifestyle.

Interview Questions

• How do i join the U.S. Army?   1 Answer

Infantryman Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

There is no real interview, if you meet the requirements (including passing the physical) you get hired after singing away a couple years of your life. You will need to work with a recruiter of course who will do everything in their power to get you into the military as they have a quota that they must fill. As long as you pass the physical and other requirements there isn't much that you can do wrong.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any criminal convictions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation what i remember

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Health and drug screening. Very thorough background investigation.Two hour aptitude test. You will go through barrages of questions regarding your character, drug use and any criminal history whatsoever to include traffic tickets. Be honest. Be forthcoming. You'll do fine as long as you aren't Pablo Escobar. Be prepared. Know your history including previous addresses, credit score, debt etc. It will impact your security clearance and possibly your career choices.

Interview Questions

• Do you use drugs? Do you have felony charges or DUI's?   1 Answer

Negotiation

According to your aptitude scoring. However high you test in different categories will determine what you are able to negotiate in regard to MOS (military occupation specialty) and subsequent cash bonuses.

Infantryman Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

There is no interview process. As long as an individual passess the required examinations and tests, medical and otherwise, they are in. I had to take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, provide my medical records, and submit to a medical review where I was required to disrobe. I had to answer all questions honestly and sign my enlistment documents and then I was committed.

Interview Questions

• How long do you want to serve?   1 Answer