US Army Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

125 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Company Commander Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Army (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

I had to submit an application packet which consisted of my leadership philosophy, ORB, last 3 OERs, and PT card.
    I then set up an in-person interview with the Institute Commander.
    Always wear ASUs to a company command interview unless specifically instructed to wear duty uniform!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to command at our Institute? (the unit at which I was applying was a medical research institute)   Answer Question
    • What unique challenges do you anticipate facing as company commander here that you would not face in a TO&E unit?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite thing about being an officer?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you bring to the table / why are you an excellent candidate for command?   Answer Question
    • How do you plan to lead and command officers that outrank you?   Answer Question
    • What do you think is the key to commanding in a unit like this one?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Army (San Antonio, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Telephonic interview using the STAR process of Situation, Task, Action & Results. Great discussion and enjoyed the opportunity. The interview was a panel of managers who asked me various questions about my experiences.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a "Direct Report", meaning a subordinate employee.   1 Answer

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Army (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very laid back, my resume spoke for itself. Was asked basic interview questions; great personality is important. Was given a tour of the facility and told about the challenges I may face.

Operations Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homestead, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Army (Homestead, FL).

Interview

3 panel interview. Two officers and one civilian. The process was normal and it's start on time and lasted less than one hour. I didn't get the job, but I was please the face that they took the time to let me know I wasn't the best candidate that position.

Senior Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Army (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

There were five panel members. Each member asked 4 or 5 questions. Some were more challenging than others. Some were situational and other were more commonly asked questions during interviews. No real surprises.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Army (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

It was very streamline with a panel. I was notified via email with time and location. I was called a few minutes after start time identified. There were 3 members who had prepared questions which were very straight forward. It was a great interview.

Interview Questions

• There was focus on ability to function independently and communication skills.   1 Answer

Military Officer Interview

Interview

The interview process is mostly to determine if you qualify to be a Soldier. As long as you can get a minimal score on a test called the ASVAB, then you can qualify. Other requirements are to not have any felonies or charges that do not meet minimal standards.

MACH Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

it was very professional I enjoyed the questions it was a friendly environment. I would recommend this job. I look forward to working with this company in the future. they also offer schooling after 6 months

Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Army (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I was first approached at school and that is where I took the ASVAB. Then I was contacted by a recruiter right after where we shortly started the process.

Interview Questions

• How old I was?
      What were my interest?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Army (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

My resume was sent to a recruiter. A two weeks later I received an email from the recruiter to schedule a time for a phone screening. After the phone screening two days late I received and email from recruiter to schedule a phone interview with a operation's manager. After that interview, I received an email scheduling another phone interview with another operation's manager. My process lasted about four weeks.