US Army E5 - Army - Sergeant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Army E5 - Army - Sergeant Interview Questions

1.6

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Mount Vernon, IL).

Interview

The hiring and interview process is pretty straight forward. There is a ton of paperwork to fill out, and it can be fairly time consuming but it's worth it. You will be asked many questions about your background and what you have done. There will be a physical and a test to determine what jobs you're eligible for, but anyone with a basic education should be able to pass that with ease.

Interview Questions

• They ask about drugs and criminal history, and those points are hit numerous times through the process.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Army

E5 - Army - Sergeant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

They check your background for criminal activity, drug usage, schools you have attended, etc They also inquire about your medical history and if you have any current issues (such as knee problems, back issues, heart problems, asthma, etc).

Interview Questions

• walk in a talked with a recruiter and signed the contract, and had to fill out paper work and do a back ground check. Once tha was done I was put on a wait list for six months before I could join   Answer Question

E5 - Army - Sergeant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Memorize a bunch of asinine crap, get hazed a little, good to go. It's your board to mess up really. A lot of times they know whether they want to promote you before you even come in.

Interview Questions

• What does leadership mean to you?   1 Answer

E5 - Army - Sergeant Interview

Interview

Hiring is pretty simple. You must take an ASVAB test to see where you stand. Depending on what you scored on your ASVAB and what is available at the moment will dictate the job you get. After selecting your job you will have a short interview "why do you want to join the army" once this is done, you will just wait for Basic Training.

E5 - Army - Sergeant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Its more like a screening process. First a written test is conducted to see if you qualify to join and what areas you excel in. Then a medical screening/drug test is conducted and finally a physical test. This process occurs over the course of a few days to weeks. Upon meeting all criteria you will be assisted in picking a job path and sign your contract.

Interview Questions

• Nothing about this process is challenging if you have completed high school and are in decent physical condition with no medical issues.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When choosing your job and bonuses if available educate yourself before hand as to what they have to offer and remember that you are the asset. Do not sign unless you are happy with the terms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Staten Island, NY).

Interview

First thing you do is go see a recruiter, once you pass the asvab test, your recruiter will help you every step of the way. Make sure you do your own research so you can ask your recruiter any question you may have ie how to get promoted before basic, remember the higher your rank the more you get paid.

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Brandon, FL).

Interview

Hiring!! See your nearest Army Recruiter

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to die for your country?   1 Answer

Negotiation

4 years contract...

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

got to your nearest recruiting station they do the rest its simple yes or no to easy

Negotiation

we can get you to basic training in two weeks

E5 - Army - Sergeant Interview

Interview

Walk in to a recruiter and pass a physical

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Potential Soldier will attend several meetings with the Recruiter. In many cases, the Recruiter may bend the truth or straight out lie, persuading Soldier to their End Goal of enlistment, possible into specific (needed) Job Titles. In my instance, recruiter was on the verge of hostility due to my drawing attention to wrong information.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Recruiter will attempt to give as little as possible, however, if Soldier comes in knowledge of available and authorized positions, as well as bonus options, duty locations, etc, Soldier may leave with almost everything, if not everything they asked for (within reason).