US Army E6 - Army - Staff Sergeant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Army E6 - Army - Staff Sergeant Interview Questions

Interviews at US Army

2.8

E6 - Army - Staff Sergeant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

The board to be promoted to Staff Sergeant can be as difficult as your leadership allows it to be. It is designed to test the knowledge and capability of the leader, and, depending on leadership, test the leader on how they personally handle stress. From my experience as a scout, my boards have been lengthy processes. Though most of it was focused on my knowledge in my MOS, a good amount of the time was spent heckling and harassing me to see if I would break.

Interview Questions

• What would be one negative point that your supervisor would recommend you need to improve on?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Army

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Signed a Contract after talking to a recruiter for a number of days. I took a drug test and IQ test, and then was offered my job selection. Entered the Armed Forces.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to fight and protect democracy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Mobile, AL) in August 2012.

Interview

You have to go see a recruiter at your local recruiter station. You sit down and fill out an application. They ask you questions to see if you qualify. You have to take an entrance test, mental and physical.

Interview Questions

• Are you a felon? Are you a U.S. citizen? Do you have a degree? Are you prior service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Leominster, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Leominster, MA).

Interview

Take an aptitude test, select one of the jobs you qualify for, pass the physical, and sign the contract. Very few people are turned away. Even with downsizing in progress I would still be shocked to hear of someone who is healthy and drug-free with a HS diploma being turned away.

E6 - Army - Staff Sergeant Interview

Interview

Went to recruiting station and signed papers.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Army (Seattle, WA) in December 2012.

Interview

You go and see a military recruiter who then schedules you to see doctors to ensure you meet the physical and mental criteria. You also take tests to include the ASVAB and have to score above 30 some odd percent over the population. Once you pass all of the screening you will be given a chance to go into the plethora of fields in the ARMY, then you're shipped off to basic training which is tougher than most job interviews in the world. You pass that, you're then sent to a technically advanced course where you can focus on the field you chose or were chosen to go into.

Interview Questions

• If you opt to take the Defensive Language Aptitude Battery after scoring high enough during the ASVAB You will take a very very long language test. You will be given a very short for comprehension and then be asked a lot of questions in a made up language.   1 Answer

Negotiation

G.I Bill. College payback options, enlistment bonus options. Places I would like to travel to. Which foreign language I preferred to learn. How many years out of the initial 8 year enlistment contract did I want to serve on Active Duty.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Army (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2009.

Interview

Be HONEST with your recruiter. They are there to help, and if you are not qualified, they will let you know

Interview Questions

• The security clearance is by far the hardest just because of the amount of references you must provide   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't think you can negotiate for bonuses very much. Your recruiter WILL let you know what is available. They receive no compensation for "putting more people in boots" or denying you a bonus. If it is available for the job you are looking for, it will be offered to you.

E6 - Army - Staff Sergeant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Physical and mental capabilities are assessed. Medical questions are asked. Background check conducted. A drug test is conducted. Don't say anything stupid and don't tell them anything they don't need to know. MEPS doesn't really have your medical records and they aren't going to send you to jail.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any medical issues?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Raleigh, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

Talk to a recruiter, make a plan to ship out, pick your job, and make a career decision. The process is quite painless, so long as you tell the truth throughout it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

E6 - Army - Staff Sergeant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baghdad (Iraq)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Army (Baghdad (Iraq)) in September 2011.

Interview

must pass a promotion board, have the right awmout of points and awards. be select by supervisor, have education and the proper shcools, have teh amount of time needed for promotion.

Interview Questions

• why do deserve the promotion.   1 Answer