US Army O3 - Army - Captain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Army O3 - Army - Captain Interview Questions

Interviews at US Army

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Army (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

There was no interview. You just submit your packet to either go to OCS, West Point, or ROTC. If you complete the respective program, you become commissioned as a second lieutenant in the United States Army. Now I am just writing words to complete the word minimum. I enjoyed my time in the Army and wish the best for anyone who wants to join and serve our country.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Army

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Army (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

You can approach any recruiter either at a recruiting station or on a university campus in the ROTC office for commissioning opportunities. Full scholarships are available as well as other education incentives such as the Post 9/11 GI Bill, tuition assistance and student loan repayment.

Interview Questions

• Questions normally center around your character, willingness to lead and serve. Physical fitness is important, the job can be very physically demanding depending on the career field you are applying for. Integrity, honor, loyalty, respect, selfless service, duty and personal courage are integral character traits that are sought after by this employer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

I went into the Army through the Reserve Officer Training Corp Program (ROTC) at my University. It did add additional time and work to my busy schedule but I would do it again in a heart-beat. Truely, the interview process takes two years in the traditional ROTC. It was fairly tough as the Army is selective. Then you get to become a third year cadet where you are really put to the test. Then there is a month long summer camp full of field training between the third and fourth years. If you don't pass the summer camp you don't get to continue on to the fourth and final year of ROTC training. The fourth year is pretty laid back as you are just finishing out your degree requirements and responsible for training the underclassmen.

Interview Questions

• We had to attend Physical Training three times a week, a "leadership lab" on Thursdays and a military science course on Tuesdays. You are organized in a Battalion with platoons and squads. It is a lot of fun but a little rediculous at times. I made a few life long friends in the process. The Army also teaches you the Army values. Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless-service, Honor, Integrity and Respect (LDRSHIP for "Leadership").   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Bragg, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at US Army (Fort Bragg, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

You will be fully evaluated, which will test you in every way possible. Your character will be highly scrutinized and evaluated. Your physical fitness and capacity will be highly scrutinized and evaluated. Your mental fitness and capacity will be highly scrutinized and evaluated. Your emotional strength and resilience will be highly scrutinized and evaluated.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to serve your country in this capacity?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Delaware, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Delaware, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview is most about your presentability and ability to verbalize. They just want to get a feel for you and what your interests are. They're looking for interpersonal skills. The biggest part of the application process is what you do BEFORE you ever get to the interview. They want to see some community involvement throughout law school. They want to see pro bono work, service hours, writing, the whole ball of wax. They really care that you didn't hole yourself away for 3 years and not do anything for your surrounding community.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotionation phase. Take the salary or don't go Army.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Jackson, MS) in June 2009.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter while working at local mall. After numerous information meetings with my parents. I was finally convinced to better my self and join the military.

Interview Questions

• The aptitude exam was a little challenging, especially when you know that the better you score the better your career opportunities are.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated originally for guaranteed duty location and tuition assistance kicker. Also for education and experience analysis for higher rank.

O3 - Army - Captain Interview

Interview

None. You get told what to do.

Negotiation

No negotiation. You get told.

Anonymous Employee in West Point, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at US Army (West Point, NY).

Interview

The process of becoming an officer is pretty standardized. There are 3 ways to be commissioned in the US Army:
    1) Attend the United States Military Academy at West Point (or other service academy and transfer in some cases)
    2) Attend ROTC program on contract to join the Army at the end
    3) Attend Officer Candidate School

There are dozens of potential "jobs" within the US Army that you will have a chance to choose/state preference for during the selection process

Interview Questions

• There is no "interview" per say...the most difficult thing for most people will be physical fitness. Google APFT to learn the standard and assume you need to be scoring 90pts per event as an officer (event hough 60 pts per event is "passing")   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is none.

O3 - Army - Captain Interview

Interview

Attended ROTC/Service Academy for commissioning, however have experience in recruiting for OCS. As an individual trying to go in as an officer, many recruiters may try to get you to sign up for something else...like an enlisted food worker...reason being, they have quotas they must fill. Do your research, and be prepared. Talk to veterans and others in the service currently and ask them about their experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

O3 - Army - Captain Interview

Interview

Received ROTC Scholarship, do well so that you can go to college for free. You will not learn much until you commission as an officer and get on the job training.

Interview Questions

• What are you going to do after the military.   1 Answer