US Army Mechanic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Army Mechanic Interview Questions

Interviews at US Army

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Army (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

No interview, go to a recruiter and they will take care of you. As long as you are not a convicted sex offender or felon then you will be good to go.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Army

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Army (Omaha, NE).

Interview

See the recruiter for you Military career options at your local recruiting station.
    Take a test on all your basic knowledge.
    Take a drug test.
    Receive a physical screening.
    Conduct Army Basic Training.
    Further you career training though Advanced Individual Training.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do for your country.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Army (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It was a joke, if you can run jump and scream you got a job. Some people that made it through was shocking, the quality does not outweigh quantity for the army. Re enlistments at an all time low.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Sill, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Fort Sill, OK) in February 2010.

Interview

Rigourous process basic combat training will last 10.5 weeks at various locatons. Followed by AIT depending on which MOS you chose. You will be expected to pull 24 hour duty at your unit you may have it once a month. Plan on going to the field to "train" for 10-30 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Dependent upon rank

Mechanic Interview

Interview

Basic Combat Training (BCT) consists of the first ten weeks of the total Basic Training period,[2] and is identical for all Army, Army Reserve, and Army National Guard recruits. This is where individuals learn about the fundamentals of being a soldier, from combat techniques to the proper way to address a superior. BCT is also where individuals undergo rigorous physical training to prepare their bodies and their minds for the eventual physical and mental strain of combat. One of the most difficult and essential lessons learned in BCT is self-discipline, as it introduces prospective soldiers to a strict daily schedule that entails many duties and high expectations for which most civilians are not immediately ready.

Advanced Individual Training (AIT) consists of the remainder of the total Basic Training period, and is where recruits train in the specifics of their chosen field. As such, AIT is different for each available Army career path, or Military Occupational Specialty (MOS). For example, if an individual has an MOS of Human Intelligence Collector, they would be sent, following completion of BCT, to the Intelligence School at Fort Huachuca in Sierra Vista, Arizona. If an individual instead had the MOS of Army medic, they would be sent, after BCT, to the Army Medical Department School at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas. AIT courses can last anywhere from 6 to 52 weeks. Although many AIT schools don't center around combat the way BCT does, individuals are still continually tested for physical fitness and weapons proficiency, and upon MOS, may be subject to the same duties, strict daily schedule, and disciplinary rules as in BCT.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

sign up, take a test and wait for your date for training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you just pick what ever job that you qualify for or what ever

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Army (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

You take a test. They see what your scores are and base your job of that. Then the fun starts. Lots of red tape and medical,back ground, etc. Then the contract. Sign to service. Not for kids! Or adults that think they are.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of others and not yourself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non. You get a choice you take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, MO

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Lebanon, MO) in September 2011.

Interview

When I applied for the military, I went to the recruiting office sat down and talk about the different jobs open and took the ASAP to see what jobs I will qualify for

Interview Questions

• If I could pass the physical test for the army   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Burnsville, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

There is no interview. If you pass the ASVAB, physical screening and drug test, you are in! Do not lie about anything as this can ruin your possibilities to join the service

Interview Questions

• They only want to know when you want to ship out to basic training   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manahawkin, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Manahawkin, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

Very simple. Recruiters walk you through step-by-step. They do it every day and are usually very proficient in guiding you through the entire process. No car? They'll pick you up for everything you need.

Interview Questions

• Usually criminal and health history.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is some negotiation room as far as special schools and bonuses for enlisting but in general you won't have too much wiggle room for negotiation.