US Army Private Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Army (New York, NY).

Interview

Take the ASVAB, extensive physical, extensive background check, job choosing, enlisting for three years, opting in for the GI Bill, and more. You then ship off to basic training, are issued uniforms, are given 20 immunizations, have any dental care that you may need completed, and then learn to be a soldier.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Army

Private Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

You find the nearest recruitment center. Go in, complete a practice ASVAB. They'll get an idea. Then they'll take you for the actual ASVAB. If you do well enough they'll tell you want jobs are available. Best to apply at the beginning of a Fiscal year I believe (Oct.).

Private Interview

Interview

Just talked to a recruiter

Private Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Everything was very easy. All I had to do was take a test and then choose a job from the results.

Interview Questions

• It was difficult at first to get use to being yelled at constantly   Answer Question

Negotiation

Job of choice and $1,000 signing bonus.

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Little Rock, AR) in February 2013.

Interview

Went to recruiter and asked about a job. Went over many details to see if I qualified for entry to the active duty Army. After a long process and tests I finally was enlisted in the military. Ive been all over the world and enjoyed my time.

Interview Questions

• Are you healthy?
      Did you graduate High School?
      What do you want to do in the Army?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lost Creek, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Lost Creek, WV) in February 2012.

Interview

They begged me. The recruiter came to my school and begged all the students to join. It was during war time and they were offering free college so all of my friends joined.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever smoked marijuana   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Drum, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Fort Drum, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Basic training. Listen to your drill sergeants and worship them. You will do you share of push ups, sit ups, and remedial training. Shave your face, females included.

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Clayton, GA) in November 2011.

Interview

There was no interview process. You call the recruiter, you take the asvab and than recruiter calls you back. You go to the Military Entry Processing station and than they sign you up for your future military occupational speacialty.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Louisville, KY) in November 2010.

Interview

There are military recruiting stations located worldwide. All you have to do is walk in a talk to one. You are required to take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) prior; pass a extensive physical examination; and swear an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States

Interview Questions

• You will be ask multiple question in regards to you health and law violations   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations you are paid a basic rate for you rank and time in service

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Miami, FL) in September 2009.

Interview

Once you go see a recruiter, they will set you up with taking the ASVAB which is a test that determines your strengths and weaknesses, you want to score at least a 110 GT to open up all the opportunities the Army has to offer. After that, they will set you up with an appointment at your local MEPS station where you will get a medical screening as well as negotiate a job and contract. Once you agree and sign, you will be sworn in and given a basic training date.

Negotiation

I was given a list of jobs that I qualified for based on my GT score and medical exam, and I took the one that I thought I would like the best.