US Army US Army Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Army US Army Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at US Army

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Loudonville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Loudonville, NY).

Interview

There is an extensive hiring process because it is a 12 week or 4 year process. You will be assessed based off of your peers and the needs of the Army. You have the ability to put a choice in but the members of the board decide where they need you.

Interview Questions

• Everything was straight forward. It is a problem solving environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Other Interview Reviews for US Army

US Army Officer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Selected to attend Military College and immediately upon graduating received a commission as an Officer in the US Army.

Interview Questions

• If you were in combat and one of your Soldiers was killed, how would you react? How would you take care of your Soldiers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase for salary in the US Army.
    You receive a base pay and have opportunities to attend additional courses such as Airborne, Air Assault, etc.

US Army Officer Interview

Interview

Your information packet goes through a selection board process. Initial interview consist of 3 senior officer board members asking typical leadership questions. Your selection or denial will be informed as soon as the board members calculate their votes.

Interview Questions

• None, most questions were related to leadership, decision making, problem solving and conflict resolution.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. The Army has very standard position, pay, benefits, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD).

Interview

I was a member of the 'Blue to Green' inter-service active duty transfer program in 2008 from the United States Air Force. After 6 months of an application process started in March of 2008, I was transferred from active duty US Air Force to active duty US Army.

Interview Questions

• The Army is full of control freaks with inter-personal skills no greater than the average door knob. There will be a lot of unexpected questions about your personal life and whether or not you have seen enough combat to warrant certain medical conditions. In the last two years, I have never seen an overall organization so unprofessional in my entire 16 years in the military.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much of a negotiation phase. I had wanted to continue my active duty career so that one day that I might be eligible to retire. I was only half way to that 20-year goal. The Army provided me an opportunity to transfer to help reach that goal, and I took it. They gave me roughly a $10,000 transfer bonus in 2008.

US Army Officer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Must have bachelor degree and no criminal record. Must be physically fit and willing to relocate around the world. Also must be willing to sacrifice personal time for work.

Interview Questions

• No interview process. Must be physically fit an no criminal record.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Army (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Whether you go through ROTC or West Point, the interview has to do with getting into your college / university. If you decide to finish your bachelors first, you can go through the OCS route.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Got into School, everything else is auto drive from there.

Anonymous Employee in Fort A P Hill, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Fort A P Hill, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Meet with recruiter. Fill out application. Complete background check. Take physical fitness test, 2 minutes of push up, 2 minutes of sit up, 2 mile run. Meet with investigator for clearence of background. Clear medical. Wait for the all clear. Once that happens take aptitude test. The test determines job.

US Army Officer Interview

Interview

There is no interview process. You need to attend specialize school and have a college degree. You need to attend training based on what your speciality will be in the Army. After the training you will report to your first unit.

Anonymous Employee in Great Lakes, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Great Lakes, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

There is a long application packet. People make it out to seem harder than it is but it is really just paperwork. You will need a reference for every place you have lived and worked. You need three letters of recommendation. If your relatives were born in a different country you will need either their citizenship document or copies of their green cards.

You will need to write a personal statement. It's good to be honest, just don't put "I want to do this for the benefits or the pay."

Once your packet is in you will have to go to MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station). Here they will check your hearing, vision, blood and give you a drug test. It is best to not say much and answer no to pretty much everything. Saying yes to something will extend your process. They will also make you do some physical maneuvers in your underwear so wear something less revealing.

You have to run two miles under 18 minutes, do at least 18 pushups in two minutes and 60 crunches in two minutes.

If you are overweight (depending on your height and age) you may still go through with your BMI.

Your recruiter is supposed to give you a ride everywhere you need to go. They should not be texting you after 6pm. Especially if you are a female and your recruiter is a male, you should never be alone with your recruiter of the opposite sex for extended periods of time or for meetings.

The board will basically ask you why you want to do this. It's OK to reiterate your personal statement. It is good to relax and be yourself but maintain professionalism. If you don't say much they will ask you more questions from the list. They will ask about your previous leadership experiences. They will ask what job you want and why.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you acted in a leadership position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Columbus, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

ROTC at participating college. Compete nationally on the OML list and participate in Advance Cadet Camp training. The better you GPA in college, the better chances you have in going active duty. You also have to maintain a certain physical fitness level. You must maintain the Army Height and Weight standards and pass their Physical fitness test depending on your age and gender. All these add up on how you well you do in order to compete nationally for a branch of your choice. You want the branch of your choice, it's your career and you want to be a part of something you have interest in.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important Army Value   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really isn't a negation phase. You may have options to choose, such as specialty schools, but no real negotiation.