US Bureau of Labor Statistics Program Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Bureau of Labor Statistics (Washington, DC) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied for Program Analyst position at Washington, DC headquarters in October 2012 via USAJobs.gov. Interviewed one-on-one with Hiring Manager in December 2012 during their "Interview Week". Multiple groups within BLS were looking to hire Program Analysts however I only interviewed for one group. I received an offer from HR a week and a half later. I'm currently a fed at another agency and this was a status (internal) opening.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding budgets, customer service, and administrative functions.
    Soft skills questions regarding communication skills and working in a team, these were asked in "behavioral interview" style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm a current fed and for me the position was a promotion to GS-9 so I will start at GS-9, step 1 ($51,630). The position is a GS-9/11/12 career ladder so I will be promoted to GS-11 next year and GS-12 the year after.