US Bureau of Land Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at US Bureau of Land Management

2.5

Sort:

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Bureau of Land Management in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with 3 people in a conference. General questions about how to work in teams. and how to manage several tasks at the same time.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I strongly disagree with my boss. They ask me to describe the steps to solve that and show me to my boss I had the right procedure for the problem.   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dickinson, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Bureau of Land Management (Dickinson, ND).

Interview

Applied online in 8/2012, on 11/2/2012 received email notification "You were rated among the best qualified candidates and your application has been referred to the selecting official." On 11/09/2012 telephone interview was scheduled for 12/03/2012.

On 12/03/2012 telephone interview was conducted with 5 member panel conference call.
    On 12/17/2012 Tentative Selection Letter received
    Had to complete Physical, Background Check, Security Clarence
    1/17/2013 received Confirmation Letter and final offer notification
    1/20/2013 Notice to Report and start date of 3/18/2013
    1/22/2013 PCS Relocation Package
    1/28/2013 Withdrew from position
    1/30/2013 Travel Authorization

Interview Questions

• I was ask numerous questions ranging from where I see my self in 5 years, to my future education plans, to what is the most difficult math I had ever applied to a work situation and that one was the most difficult for me. I have completed numerous math classes in college, but could not really recall when I had used any high end math in the work place.   Answer Question

Originally I had excepted the offer and was moving forward to start date. However, during the process my truck broke down costing me a very large of my saving, the very savings I was going to use to move and setup for new job and because of this had to decline the position.

Petroleum Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Bureau of Land Management (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2016.

Interview

First I went through the application process on usajobs.gov which was very time consuming. A couple of months after that I received a email that said that I was chosen for an interview. Prior to the interview I was sent a study guide of a math assessment and a video. The interview consisted of a handful of questions and was conducted over the phone. About a week after the phone interview I received another email that gave me a link to take the math assessment. I had a week to take the assessment and it covered 16 different questions that were on the study guide. This is as far as I have got so far so I do not have any more insight.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember all of the questions that I was asked but I will do my best. I was asked what my short and long term goals were. I was asked how I handled managing a lot of different task at the same time. Other than that I cannot remember. They were all pretty basic and easy to answer though. The interviewer was really nice and easy to talk to. I asked a lot of questions and he was able to give me a lot of insight into the company.   Answer Question

Law Enforcement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Bureau of Land Management.

Interview

Panel phone interview with two managers - general questions in STAR format. In my opinion, and I could be wrong but I do not necessarily feel that the people who interviewed me were very knowledgeable about the facets of the position which I was trying to obtain. They seemed genuine, just uninformed.

Interview Questions

• It was a very precise STAR Format question with extremely precise details and build-up and ended with what would you do. In hindsight, I do not believe the interviewers had any idea about the details which were included in the question, but were just reading it from a form.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Bureau of Land Management (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interviews was a 15 min. phone call with two people working in the company. They asked me to explain more about my resume. It was a simple interview. They just wanted more detail on my work history, and they wanted to know how I work in teams.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Bureau of Land Management.

Interview

Interviewed on the phone. Straightforward questions. Nothing too difficult. Basically had a conversation about where I currently lived and whether I could handle living in a tent for the duration of the summer.

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Bureau of Land Management.

Interview

One interview, via phone. A few basic/background questions, then some to gauge your ability to perform in a team environment. Interviewers were enthusiastic and personable, seemed knowledgeable on both the questions being asked and the responses. Last questions were highly technical, and I believe there was no single 'right answer' - they were looking for problem solving skills. Note that all of the interview panel members are in a field related to the job in question, and your technical answers will likely be discussed after the call.

Interview Questions

• "How would you deal with a personal offense committed against you in the workplace." (It felt pointed, as though it's been a problem before?) Caught me off guard.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated start date only. Salary, moving expense and benefits were all locked.

Public Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Bureau of Land Management (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview that asks about your skills related to the job. No curveball questions. There are 10 questions that you run through on the phone that range from asking about your knowledge and skills related to the job position to your ability to work well on a team and individually. The interview is meant to learn about your ability as well as personality.

Interview Questions

• How have you worked well on a team?   Answer Question
    • What do you do in a situation where you have to respond to press but don't know the answer?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

GIS Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Bureau of Land Management (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Had to get 3 contacts, a good cover letter before being able to get interviewed. Short phone call, was offered job next day. Took a while to get the necessary paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to get this internship?   1 Answer

Range Technician Interview

Interview

Easy interview, wanted to make sure you could pass the Physical tests Questions on being available.