US Bureau of Land Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Bureau of Land Management Interview Questions

Interviews at US Bureau of Land Management

2.5

Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Bureau of Land Management.

Interview

Several interviews , two over the phone one in person. Very through proccess. Panel interviews, lasting over an hour. They went over the gamut of typical interview questions and some more specific regarding the job but nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Bureau of Land Management.

Interview

It was fairly simple, completed over the phone. Mostly canned questions that require simple responses. As long as you know what you are talking about you can easily get through it.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to stay in shape?

What is something that you had to overcome to complete a task?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Bureau of Land Management.

Interview

Interviewed on the phone. Straightforward questions. Nothing too difficult. Basically had a conversation about where I currently lived and whether I could handle living in a tent for the duration of the summer.

Field Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Bureau of Land Management (Washington, DC) in February 2018.

Interview

There was no interview. I was selected by the WO in Washington, DC. It was not a typical hiring announcement do to political nature of position. Most interviews are not face-to-face but rely on government selection process.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing you would like to accomplish during your time at BLM?   1 Answer

Diversity & Disability Outreach Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Bureau of Land Management (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2017.

Interview

Received an email to interview more than 4 months after completing application. Had a phone interview with the Director of Executive Recruitment. Interview was interesting to say the least and did not expect to move forward. One week later received notification that I was being moved forward. Met again with the Director of Executive Recruitment and then had a panel interview with 3 recruiters. Very conservative and traditional interview with a standard set of questions and little to no interaction from the panel.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were in regard to my experience managing a program and staff.   1 Answer

GIS Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Bureau of Land Management (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Had to get 3 contacts, a good cover letter before being able to get interviewed. Short phone call, was offered job next day. Took a while to get the necessary paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to get this internship?   1 Answer

Planning and Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Bureau of Land Management (Anchorage, AK) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied 4/26, closed 4/28, usajobs status updated to "referred" 6/27, supervisor called 7/8 requesting an interview the next week. Conference call with 3 employees: supervisor, project manager, and a planner from Fairbanks. The three took turns asking 6 questions, and gave 45 minutes to conduct the interview (of which we took 30).

Called four weeks later to inquire about the position; was informed they withdrew it two weeks prior due to budgetary constraints. USAJOBS status are very slow to update, most of the time you have to call to get an update on the position.

Petroleum Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Bureau of Land Management (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2016.

Interview

First I went through the application process on usajobs.gov which was very time consuming. A couple of months after that I received a email that said that I was chosen for an interview. Prior to the interview I was sent a study guide of a math assessment and a video. The interview consisted of a handful of questions and was conducted over the phone. About a week after the phone interview I received another email that gave me a link to take the math assessment. I had a week to take the assessment and it covered 16 different questions that were on the study guide. This is as far as I have got so far so I do not have any more insight.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember all of the questions that I was asked but I will do my best. I was asked what my short and long term goals were. I was asked how I handled managing a lot of different task at the same time. Other than that I cannot remember. They were all pretty basic and easy to answer though. The interviewer was really nice and easy to talk to. I asked a lot of questions and he was able to give me a lot of insight into the company.   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Bureau of Land Management (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

First round was two 15 minute telephone interviews with two different teams. These teams then determine which applicants to continue through the process. The applicant is then sent a link to take a math test. Must pass the math test with a 70% or higher score. Then the applicant's name is being sent to the hiring official of the top 3 preferred locations that had previously been selected. Each of the 15 minute interviews teams asked 5-6 questions. I have only been through the mast test portion of the process so cannot explain beyond this. Had to select whether I got an offer or not, and selected no at this point, because I haven't and haven't gotten to that point in the interview process yet.

Interview Questions

• Questions from one team were along the lines of the various oil and gas offices had been experiencing heavy workloads, explain how you would or have handled heavy workloads? Explain your software knowledge. What is your experience with dealing with the public? Explain a time when you had to resolve conflict. Job requires basic use of algebra, describe the highest level of math you have most recently used. And if you were hired, where do you see yourself as far as learning focus in the first six months on the job?   Answer Question
    • Questions from second team were along the lines of what is your top three preferred locations? Why are you interested in the PET job and what are your short and long term goals with this position? What accomplishment are you most proud of? Explain your ethics/work style. What is a technical report you have completed/presented?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Bureau of Land Management (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interviews was a 15 min. phone call with two people working in the company. They asked me to explain more about my resume. It was a simple interview. They just wanted more detail on my work history, and they wanted to know how I work in teams.