US Census Bureau Census Worker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.0

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Houston, TX).

Interview

There was no interview, just the basic skills test that showed whether or not you were good at paying attention to detals. I didn't make any errors, so it was very easy. Read the online info first.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Census Bureau

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Torrance, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Completed US Census exam, and later selected for an interview at the U.S. Census office in El Segundo, CA.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation with the U.S. Census.

Census Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Census Bureau in April 2010.

Interview

Great testing process. Interviews were professional and appropriate. They hire smart people. Veterans get ten points added to their exam score. This led to a very services oriented work place with a high degree of honor.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working around veterans   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hannibal, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Hannibal, MO) in April 2010.

Interview

Very informal. Just had a quick discussion with the field supervisor. The fact that I was a veteran helped a lot during the hiring and interview phase. It gave you a 'leg up' over those who weren't veterans. So next time census rolls around, it would be a good way for vets to get some extra income especially if they were between jobs like I was.

Interview Questions

• I only wish that there had been more preparation and more information before you could go out into the field.   Answer Question

Census Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Census Bureau in March 2010.

Interview

Phone interview after application.

Interview Questions

• Would I mind working by myself   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Camarillo, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Basic phone interview, mainly checking to see if i was avaible to work a minimum of 40 hours a week on the census. After the phone interview they schedule a in person test which is about 30 questions long and is times. It is not a hard test but does require some thinking. The census hires strictly on test scores and vets are given a ten to five point bonus.

Census Worker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Census Bureau in May 2010.

Interview

Remember that this is a temporary job with the federal government. I took the census test, and was ranked for a job opening. I accepted the job. Had I not accepted, I might have come up on the list for another job ... and I might not have.
    I like doing the wide variety of tasks that I have done in this position.