US Census Bureau Enumerator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Census Bureau Enumerator Interview Questions

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Concord, CA).

Interview

I did not have a traditional job interview. I received a phone call informing me when my job would start and about the training. During this call, I was asked if I was still available to work and willing to work the days and hours available.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Census Bureau

Enumerator Interview

Interview

Submitted online application. Received call for scheduled test date. Test consisted of basic map reading and house address type questions. Those with 100 percent were automatically hired. I had 97% and didn't get an offer of employment for another 2 weeks. No personal interview, just place and time for training.

Interview Questions

• There were no personal interviews, it was all competency-based.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Enumerator positions have set pay. No negotiations. However, the pay was great for our small town.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Seen an ad locally about open testing. Called the 800 number to schedule testing. Went to testing location, answered 30 questions (2 were examples and basically answers were given, so 28 questions) I received a score of 27. Received phone call 2-3 months later asking if I was still interested in a position with US Census. I replied that I was. A week later I received a call discussing the Enumerator position and if I was interested. It seemed like an interview with the simple yes or no questions to which once completed I was told where to go to start my training and when.

Interview Questions

• Had no typical interview question, just availability questions. Like ... are you available to work at least 20 hours a week? Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question

Enumerator Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Census Bureau.

Interview

The hiring process for an enumerator with the US Census Bureau starts with a basic test. Basic math, grammar, reading maps. Once that test is submitted, a candidate will likely be contact via phone for a short interview. Depending on availability, the candidate is hired and invited to a training session in their area.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall the questions. The main issue dealt with availability.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Princeton, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

First, I received a phone call. The job description, including salary, were described to me. I was being invited to take a test, with the intention to be hired a month or so after the phone call. There were scheduled tests in a few locations. I chose a location (a library) and time. I brought my resume, a list of references, a pencil, and something to keep myself entertained, such as a book. A bunch of people took the test together. It was very easy. A sample test is available at census.gov. Next, each of us was interviewed one by one. I was asked to read a sample survey and annunciate clearly. I was also asked to answer questions using examples of my experience, including describing what happened, what the problem was, and how I solved it. Following directions may have been more important than the experiences described.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed, what was the problem, and how you overcame the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation with the US government. They are very up front about the salary.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (New York, NY).

Interview

Test site exam> 70% or higher is passing. But most people gets in with 90% or higher

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation government limit

Anonymous Employee in Spring Hope, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Spring Hope, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

A bunch of us showed up at the local library and did a test. Once we did, we were asked to show up for a group interview. Then we did group training. It was all part of the screening process before we got out to the field. There was a lot of face-to-face talking and evaluating on both sides, so unless you were an idiot, you could make a good impression.

Interview Questions

• Lots of math and map questions. It was a skills test that only required a high school education. Nothing especially hard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (San Francisco, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Collect census data and analyze the information, go around the city to check and reconfirm household location and family information, ask the family household how many resident(s) are currently living in the household, add new information into the census database.

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Elizabeth, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

We had to take a government test for enumerator, but I also took the test for Supervisor, it was passed onto the government, they checked the scores and called the people who passed the test

Interview Questions

• There weren't any, if you passed the test, you were automatically hired   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

multiple choice test (that must not have any wrong answers) followed by phone interview that took about ten to fifteen minutes. asked basic questions mostly about personality and ability to talk to people. led to group training.