US Census Bureau Enumerator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Census Bureau Enumerator Interview Questions

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Boston, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

Very easy process. Just apply online, sign up for a testing day, take the test, and wait for your call. After they call you, you accept and then get sent to paid training for 5 days. After that, it's all field work until the employment ends.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Census Bureau

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Portland, OR) in March 2010.

Interview

Initially tested for the job nearly a year prior to being contacted by mail indicating my test score. It was another few months before I was contacted by phone and interviewed to see if I was still interested in a position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for this part-time, temporary position.

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Saginaw, MI) in March 2010.

Interview

go in take a test score well and they will hire you no doubt

Interview Questions

• Choose the one answer which BEST fits the
      meaning of the word in capital letters
      UNAUTHORIZED
      1 Answer
    • Any living quarters occupied by
      ten or more unrelated persons is called a group
      quarters. Examples of a group quarters are worker’s
      dormitories, boarding houses, halfway houses,
      convents, etc. In addition, college dormitories,
      fraternity houses, or nurse’s dormitories are always
      considered to be a group quarters, regardless of the
      number of students who live there.
      Which of the following is a group quarters?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

if you score high youre highered

Anonymous Employee in Gastonia, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Gastonia, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

I went online to find out how to apply for the US Census jobs for 2010. I found a phone number to call and set up the skills test. Before I left the testing session, I was informed of my test score and told I would be contacted. I received a call a few days later and got the job. Training was fully paid, and the salary was set at $15.25/hour plus mileage for everyone. Prior experience was not requested. Training was thorough and exhaustive.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation of salary Pay was equal across the board for all enumerators (people going door-to-door to group residences such as nursing homes, etc, or to individual homes).

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2010.

Interview

To first be considered as a candidate, you attend a group meeting of whoever is interested in working for that years census. It is informational followed by submitting an application and a test to test skills you will need for the job. Test should be relatively easy for most people. If you are selected for the job, you will receive a call a week or so later from a local crew leader to tell you. Then you attend a several evening training sessions with that crew leader and the other enumerators. Work then commences and you have daily, in-person check ins with your crew leader (at their house or public place) to turn in your completed work for the day and pay sheet. If you do a good job in the main phase of enumerating, you may be selected by your crew member to move on to the last phase of the Census where the most difficult households are tried again.

Interview Questions

• None really. I had no job experience but was able to pass the test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no salary negotiation. It is hourly with reimbursement for miles driven.

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Hoboken, NJ) in February 2010.

Interview

There was an initial skills test. There was no feedback on the test, and no way to verify if it was recorded properly. A quick telephone interview about six weeks later was followed by a personal interview. I was eventually ofered a higher position than the one for which I had applied, due to my skills and experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was very little room to negotiate, since most terms were set by regulation.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Atlanta, GA) in February 2010.

Interview

I took a qualifying test which was held at the library a short distance from my home. There were approximately 50 questions which were very easy. Everyone in my group (about 50 people) passed the test. They graded them immediately after the test was given and if you stayed you could find out your score then and there. After the test we were told that they would do a background check and would be calling back with offers in a month or two.

Interview Questions

• A question designed to see whether you could read maps and follow directions (very logical under the circumstances but "different")   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a call over the phone with an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Panama City Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Panama City Beach, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview took place at our local high school and was conducted by a very professional woman who was encouraging and friendly. She asked me about my skills and availability and gave me a test to complete. She graded it right away and let me know I was eligible.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions, but a clear background check is essential as well as good transportation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation with this position.

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Winchester, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

Exam taken locally. Phone interview conducted a month before classes. You are paid during class room training. A day or two is spent out in the field with your instructor when conducting your first census surveys.

Interview Questions

• Don't be discouraged if you aren't able to finish or answer correctly all of the exam questions. Very important that you completed the sample exam before taking the actual test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Paid standard government rate as an enumerator. Doubt that a better compensation could be negotiated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Long Beach, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process consisted solely of a skills test. Only those who pass the test will be called back.