US Census Bureau Enumerator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.5

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Census Enumerator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

All you need to do is take an exam. Very simple and straight forward. They may ask if you have a car for a manager position. All in all they want to see if you are capable of following instruction and that can be found through the exam

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were very basic. It's temporary so its not career based.   Answer Question

Census Enumerator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Took a basic skills test. Contains clerical, simple math, and map problems. Really easy. Still waiting on a phone call. However the process can take from a week to months, so keep your watches on deck.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work?
      Are you a U.S Citizen?
      Are you at or above 18 years old?   Answer Question

Non-Response Followup Enumerator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I had to first take a test. After passing the test we were told that we would be put on a list and receive a phone call if a position came up. I wasn't in when they called so I called them back to let them know I was available. After a couple more tries they caught me when I was at home, and I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• A phone call telling me the position was open and did I want it. That was all.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Census Bureau.

Interview

Watch for announcement or frequent the web page for exam dates. Take the test to get an interview which is usually over the phone. For the most part these jobs are easy if you have a personality that likes to interact with people of all kinds. I have worked 8 different operations with the census and all of they were enjoyable.

Negotiation

The hours and wages are pre determined so no negotiation involved.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Census Bureau.

Interview

You had to call the local office and register to take the test. Once you took the test, if you passed, they called you for a phone interview. If you were chosen, they call you with training info. The training was one week, paid, classroom setting at a local church's annex room. The supervisor was great, and chooses a "group leader" at the end of training, to act in their absence. Fellow workers were all very pleasant, and a lot of its forged friendships. Older, younger, unemployed as well as vets and students all worked.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable going door to door?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, flat pay based on region.

Quality Control Enumerator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Booneville, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Booneville, MS).

Interview

Interview process was simple. It was a phone interview consisting of very simple questions. You have to go to a designated place then to take a test that is just common sense and very simple. You then have to go through training that you are paid for. The people were very friendly, courteous and informative.

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Concord, CA).

Interview

I did not have a traditional job interview. I received a phone call informing me when my job would start and about the training. During this call, I was asked if I was still available to work and willing to work the days and hours available.

Enumerator Interview

Interview

Submitted online application. Received call for scheduled test date. Test consisted of basic map reading and house address type questions. Those with 100 percent were automatically hired. I had 97% and didn't get an offer of employment for another 2 weeks. No personal interview, just place and time for training.

Interview Questions

• There were no personal interviews, it was all competency-based.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Enumerator positions have set pay. No negotiations. However, the pay was great for our small town.

Quality Control Enumerator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

No interview needed! You just need to take an exam (which they provide practice ones for) and do well enough for them to call you back.

Interview Questions

• There was no interview, just an exam to pass. Soo, for those who dread interviews, work for the census the next time it rolls around! The most difficult questions will come from the people whose doors you have to knock on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Seen an ad locally about open testing. Called the 800 number to schedule testing. Went to testing location, answered 30 questions (2 were examples and basically answers were given, so 28 questions) I received a score of 27. Received phone call 2-3 months later asking if I was still interested in a position with US Census. I replied that I was. A week later I received a call discussing the Enumerator position and if I was interested. It seemed like an interview with the simple yes or no questions to which once completed I was told where to go to start my training and when.

Interview Questions

• Had no typical interview question, just availability questions. Like ... are you available to work at least 20 hours a week? Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question