US Census Bureau Survey Statistician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Little Rock, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

It was really a waste of time. They pulled my name for a different position I applied for, and a different location. They saw my skills and education, and had their minds made up, before they "interviewed" me. I told them I wasn't interested in doing anymore administrative/secretarial type of job duties nor could I do these types of duties, without exacerbating my medical conditions. They chose to ignore what I said, wasn't forthcoming about the job duties, chose to ignore my medical limitations, and hired me to do the exact duties I informed them I wasn't interested in performing, nor could I do because of my medical conditions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.
      What is your experience with surveys?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suitland, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Suitland, MD) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online to pool in June. Called to schedule in person interview in August the following week. 5 person panel interview. All behavior questions. Apx. 1hr . Email response 2nd week of September.

Anonymous Employee in Suitland, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Suitland, MD) in June 2010.

Interview

I was recruited by a campus recruiter, then interviewed over the phone by a senior manager. I came to Suitland and interviewed with another senior manager who offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Census Bureau in June 2009.

Interview

Got call to come in for interview. They communicated information about interview well. Came for interview, they asked me NO questions and basically just offered me the job. Let me meet a few other analysts, but they seemed uncomfortable and didn't know what to do. Brief tour of building.

Negotiation

No negotiation available.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Census Bureau in February 2008.

Interview

I didn't really have an interview -- I worked at the US Census Bureau previously as a contractor, and came back a couple years later as an employee.

Interview Questions

• Like I mentioned previously, I didn't really have an interview.   Answer Question