US Census Bureau Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.0

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Very quick and easy phone interview. It took about 30 min and I was asked 10 questions. Questions were general management/hiring questions such a as what is your best quality; your shortcomings; most difficult thing you have to deal with at work; how you managed that; etc.

This was the only interview. I deliberately asked if there would be a follow up interview in person, and the interviewers (two managers) said no. It took about 6 weeks and then I received a follow up call and email from HR with an offer.

However, I applied online in mid July, received an email saying I was in the roster in August, had the phone interview mid September.

Interview Questions

• Questions were general management/hiring questions such a as what is your best quality; your shortcomings; most difficult thing you have to deal with at work; how you managed that; etc.   Answer Question

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Modesto, CA).

Interview

A local employment agency heldwhn open call Test/Interview session. I had to pass a basic skills test. Everyone who passed the test stayed and continued on for the interview. Panel provided a script which we went over, of what I would have to do on the job. Afterwards they asked situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to deal with a hostile person, and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Mathematical Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (New York, NY).

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions. Everyone was very friendly and there were many questions about your statistics experience. Initially you will be contacted by a potential supervisor, but get interviewed for many different departments. Thus, the process takes all day. Make sure to arrive 30 minutes early if you drive, getting parking is confusing and there is a security check that takes time. My only negative is that the HR representative I got assigned was very lazy and late on everything.

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Relaxed but serious. Questions about how to handle resistance, hostility, criticism, on the job. Questions on whether you would tolerate the evening and weekend hours. This is a position that my only be for 10-30 hours per month, but could be for more. I had already completed the standard test for my previous temporary job.

Interview Questions

• How would handle the following kind of resistance?   1 Answer

Census Enumerator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Took a basic skills test. Contains clerical, simple math, and map problems. Really easy. Still waiting on a phone call. However the process can take from a week to months, so keep your watches on deck.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work?
      Are you a U.S Citizen?
      Are you at or above 18 years old?
      Answer Question

Census Taker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branson, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Branson, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

After taking just a few minutes to read through the interview questions for the actual census I had to go through a mock census questionnaire as if taking responses from a household member but with interviewer instead. I was also asked standard interview questions such as my personal strengths weaknesses and best and worst qualities and so on.

Interview Questions

• Past job experience as in relation to dealing with public. Being able to deal with varying degrees of education and diversities of people and cultures.   1 Answer

Statistical Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jeffersonville, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Jeffersonville, IN).

Interview

took a test, not required now. Then I waited to see if I was selected. They called me several months later after the FBI background investigation.
    They now do everything online & take a resume. Lots of diversity. That is mostly what they are looking for. A diverse set of people, & maybe some of them can do the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Due to the fact that the interview was done in Nashville, TN I had to drive 3 hours to meet with the person that was going to do the interview and then drive 3 hours to get back home. The interview lasted about an hour and was not stressful. The hardest part of the interview was the driving.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have working with the Hispanic community?   1 Answer

Non-Response Followup Enumerator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I had to first take a test. After passing the test we were told that we would be put on a list and receive a phone call if a position came up. I wasn't in when they called so I called them back to let them know I was available. After a couple more tries they caught me when I was at home, and I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• A phone call telling me the position was open and did I want it. That was all.   1 Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US Census Bureau.

Interview

Blanket posting so wasn't sure exactly what I was applying for, just had generic project management description; process was really disorganized. Interviewers weren't even briefed on my background. Was for a supervisory position and there was not one question about my supervisory experience.