US Census Bureau Statistician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Census Bureau Statistician Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2016

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Very quick and easy phone interview. It took about 30 min and I was asked 10 questions. Questions were general management/hiring questions such a as what is your best quality; your shortcomings; most difficult thing you have to deal with at work; how you managed that; etc.

This was the only interview. I deliberately asked if there would be a follow up interview in person, and the interviewers (two managers) said no. It took about 6 weeks and then I received a follow up call and email from HR with an offer.

However, I applied online in mid July, received an email saying I was in the roster in August, had the phone interview mid September.

Interview Questions

• Questions were general management/hiring questions such a as what is your best quality; your shortcomings; most difficult thing you have to deal with at work; how you managed that; etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Census Bureau

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at US Census Bureau.

Interview

I applied in August. In December, I received a call for an interview. I interview in January. It was a panel interview with 4 managers. They read 10 questions prepared by HR. The questions were mostly behavioral questions ("Tell us about a time in which you had a difficult time with a co-worker'). No questions about technical skills. If you search for "behavioral interview questions", you'll get a good understanding of the questions they asked.

I was hired in March and started in April. So, the process took 8 months from submitting my application to my first day. Yep.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. Two of the questions were so similar that I thought they were asking me the same question; one question was so poorly worded that even the panel was confused.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Washington, DC) in June 2011.

Interview

They asked 10 questions, fairly standard. They wanted to know about experience with large data sets, which I didn't have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Stony Brook, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center. I scheduled an interview slot with the career center. The interview was the next day. An online application/questionnaire was required and needed to be done before the interview. The questionnaire regarding grade level was confusing. The interview itself was pleasant. It took place inside of the career center. The interviewer was polite and professional. She explained the benefits thoroughly. She asked about my past work experience and the classes I took.

Statistician Interview

Interview

Received call from HR that detailed the position. Set up an interview a week from the call date. Interviewed by a panel of three who each spoke about themselves for about 5 minutes each then asked me questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a difficult time you had that you did not see coming.   1 Answer