US Chamber of Commerce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.9

For International Policy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce (Washington, DC) in November 2017.

Interview

One interview phone or in person. Took around 30 minutes. It wasn't too difficult and they have two people interviewing you at the same time. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Q: What coursework have you taken for this opportunity?
      Q: Tell us about your resume   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce (Washington, DC).

Interview

No surprises. It was very professional. Their HR Team is really good, very respectful and gets to the point very matter of factly. Having known several people in the organization gave me even more insights on what to expect and anticipate.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce.

Interview

Met entire team and then met with HR to negotiate salary. I learned more about the team and the work than I anticipated which was incredibly helpful in making a decision to join. The HR team was very professional and efficient. The process was painless and quick. They made their decision and the on-boarding process was simple and the team was welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Chamber?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce (Washington, DC).

Interview

Spoke with HR manager first. Questions were general: why did I want to work there, tell us about yourself, current salary, salary requirements, etc. Next, met with hiring manager who explained position to the extent she could (the position was poorly defined, and any questions I asked were answered with a polite version of "we can't tell you that") and asked specific questions regarding my background. Both interviewers were polite and professional.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard interview questions.   1 Answer

Government Affairs Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce.

Interview

Smart team. Asked a lot of tough questions. Was not sure where I stood, but then got a callback. Smart team there. It was a bit intimidating, but they seemed no nonsense. Fit seemed very important.

Interview Questions

• What are my biggest accomplishments?

How do I prefer to work (team or alone) and why.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk River, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce (Elk River, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed through a temp agency. They asked me the 'typical' interview questions. I went to the temp agency and filled out all necessary paperwork. Then, the next day, I started at the Chamber of Commerce and worked Mon-Fri from 9am until 3pm

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Very long interview which covered any relevant aspect of the role. Lasted around 2 hours altogether and included several tests and long explanations of the purpose and scope of the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked to perform editing and other typical interview questions   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with the HR representative for an initial screening, followed by a 30 minute informal meeting with the hiring director. From there, I waited around 3 weeks and then was scheduled to meet briefly with two Vice Presidents above the department. Overall, it was a comfortable interview process but took quite some time.

PR and Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce.

Interview

I applied online and was called about two weeks later to schedule an in-person interview. I met with the recruiting manager and the operations manager for about 15 minutes. After the interview, I promptly sent thank-yous. It's been two weeks and I haven't heard back.

Interview Questions

• They asked me something very specific about the organization.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter through a jobs website and received an invitation to an interview the next day. I interviewed a few days later, and was offered the paid position within 48 hours. It was a very quick process, and the interview itself was very straightforward -- it was an honest conversation about what they wanted me to do in the position and why I wanted to do the job.