US Chamber of Commerce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Chamber of Commerce Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.8

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce.

Interview

Met entire team and then met with HR to negotiate salary. I learned more about the team and the work than I anticipated which was incredibly helpful in making a decision to join. The HR team was very professional and efficient. The process was painless and quick. They made their decision and the on-boarding process was simple and the team was welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Chamber?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce (Washington, DC).

Interview

Spoke with HR manager first. Questions were general: why did I want to work there, tell us about yourself, current salary, salary requirements, etc. Next, met with hiring manager who explained position to the extent she could (the position was poorly defined, and any questions I asked were answered with a polite version of "we can't tell you that") and asked specific questions regarding my background. Both interviewers were polite and professional.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard interview questions.   1 Answer

Government Affairs Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce.

Interview

Smart team. Asked a lot of tough questions. Was not sure where I stood, but then got a callback. Smart team there. It was a bit intimidating, but they seemed no nonsense. Fit seemed very important.

Interview Questions

• What are my biggest accomplishments?

How do I prefer to work (team or alone) and why.
      Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk River, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce (Elk River, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed through a temp agency. They asked me the 'typical' interview questions. I went to the temp agency and filled out all necessary paperwork. Then, the next day, I started at the Chamber of Commerce and worked Mon-Fri from 9am until 3pm

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Very long interview which covered any relevant aspect of the role. Lasted around 2 hours altogether and included several tests and long explanations of the purpose and scope of the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked to perform editing and other typical interview questions   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with the HR representative for an initial screening, followed by a 30 minute informal meeting with the hiring director. From there, I waited around 3 weeks and then was scheduled to meet briefly with two Vice Presidents above the department. Overall, it was a comfortable interview process but took quite some time.

PR and Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce.

Interview

I applied online and was called about two weeks later to schedule an in-person interview. I met with the recruiting manager and the operations manager for about 15 minutes. After the interview, I promptly sent thank-yous. It's been two weeks and I haven't heard back.

Interview Questions

• They asked me something very specific about the organization.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter through a jobs website and received an invitation to an interview the next day. I interviewed a few days later, and was offered the paid position within 48 hours. It was a very quick process, and the interview itself was very straightforward -- it was an honest conversation about what they wanted me to do in the position and why I wanted to do the job.

Application

Interview

It is a 2-3 step interview process. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter very quickly to schedule a telephone interview. After the telephone interview, I received an email to schedule an in person interview with the department head. During the interview we discussed my skills/experience and specifics about the position. The interview concluded and I spoke with the hr manager about the process and "next steps" for the position. I was told I would receive an email at the end of the week on a decision. I haven't received any notice from them regarding the position. I sent a follow up email for some insight and received no response.

Interview Questions

• How would you develop a panel on a specific government issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Very long process and was brought back three different times. They were slow in getting back to me as well, despite saying they needed an urgent hire. I would advise them to be more transparent with applicants. The interview itself was standard; no surprises and no truly difficult questions. The first woman I spoke with did seem quite bored, though I am guessing she was just a screener.