US Coast Guard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Coast Guard Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.1

Security/Law Enforcement Interview

Interview

Multiple applications have been submitted through different agencies. The selection process can be lengthy and takes patience. Cant expound more. Hopeful that using this job finder I'll find a job upon retirement from active duty.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard in July 2016.

Interview

It was a panel of three interviewers who took turns asking a series of ten standard questions. The interviewers were friendly and positive. I was able to answer all of the questions without too much difficulty. The interviewers took notes while I was talking. It seemed like an enjoyable place to work in a great new facility.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult colleague and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

E-3 SN Deck Hand Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

None no questions were asked. The recruiter has a screening process to determine the course of action for those interested in joining. Do not take the process lightly. Think about your end goals or your long term plans for your future.

Investigations Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (New Haven, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by three Lieutenants, only one of which had any knowledge of casualty investigations. The Chief of Prevention should have been on the line, but it was clear it had been delegated down since they already knew who they were going to hire.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? All of the questions were canned, and they were reading from a script.   Answer Question

Realty Specialist - Temporary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Miami, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Panel interview on a conference call (HR, Finance, Lt.) that lasted 15 minutes. Questions had little to do with real estate. Another group would be back in touch in 2 weeks. They checked my references which is always a positive sign. 4 weeks later, no response, no change is status on their website.

Bookkeeper, Accountant, Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview

Be honest, direct and explain your aims and desires. Listen to all information and take notes as necessary.

Interview Questions

• Are you detailed,thorough and accurate in your work..   1 Answer

Equipment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Baltimore, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

Waste of my time, I was told they already had an ex coastie that was retiring in Norfolk VA was going to fill the position.Waste of my time, I was told in the beginning they already had an ex coastie that was retiring in Norfolk VA was going to fill the position. It didn’t matter that I felt my qualification were great for the job, the 3 interviewers running the interview didn’t want to hear my qualifications. This is the third time I’ve had such an interview. Each time I tell myself “never again am I going to apply for a job with these clowns” but I did.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the USCG?   1 Answer

First Class Petty Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Key West, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Key West, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

Every six months you have an employee review to go over your performance at your current pay level and will either be recommended for advancement or not recommended. This is usually done in a day and if you do not agree with the review it can be appealed.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you deserve and why?   1 Answer

Seaman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Key West, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Key West, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

basic training

Interview Questions

• they dicipline you when you are in a bad place in your life.   Answer Question