US Coast Guard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 20, 2017

2.4

E6 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Richmond, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Intense onboarding process from written to physical and physiological. Once onboard and oath was taken two months of intense training commenced. After training out to the field for on the job training which was daily weekly yearly, constant training.

Active Duty Military Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Miami, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

Very hard to get into the Coast Guard. You have to score well on your ASVAB. But once you're in, it is an amazing experience. I was deployed multiple times so that was hard on the family. Be careful what you're getting into before signing up. You dont just drive boats and live at beaches all day

Enlisted Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Application in thru recruiter, once acepted the process then included a physical exam. Once complete you go off to basic training, followed by worldwide assignments to see what career path you choose then promotion is all about experience, evaluations, and written tests. The time for promotions is usually every 4-5 years but can take some up to 9 or so to get the promotion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation. Set pay tables approved by congress.

Seaman E3 Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Coast Guard.

Interview

Recruiting process with a military recruiter. Difficult process. Coast Guard is very picky to whom it takes pinto the service. Background checks, drug test asvab test scorecard ect...

Interview Questions

• Nothing is difficult if you are a model citizen if you have a shady past don't bother big brother will find it.   Answer Question

Seaman E3 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Dallas, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Actually, shockingly, there wasn't really an interview process for this. I enlisted and joined.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions was about drug use. I didn't want to admit it,. but lying about it   1 Answer

Negotiation

no, there was no negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape May, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Cape May, NJ) in March 2010.

Interview

The process for entry into the US Coast Guard in not unlike entry into any of the other armed services. For entry into the enlisted ranks, the firth step is to contact any local recruiter. Google US Coast Guard recruiting stations. To enter as an officer there are three options. The first is to attend the US Coast Guard Academy in Conn. This is a service academy but does not require a congressional appt like West Point, Annapolis, or the Air Force Academy. The second option is Officer Candidate School (OCS) and the third option is by receiving a Direct Commission (DCO). This is typically when you are an officer or Warrant Officer in another service although there are others such as Layers, merchant mariners who can apply to this program. For the OCS or DCO programs you can contact a recruiter. For add'l info again a Google Search can provide a lot of information.

Interview Questions

• If you were building a bar, what would be the first bottle of liquor you would stock?   Answer Question

Master Chief Petty Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Portland, OR).

Interview

Visit to recruiter, large amount of administrative and HR paperwork to fill out, verbal interview, background check and then wait for selection approval.

Interview Questions

• Background information, medical background and criminal record   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Cape May, NJ).

Interview

Military enlistment procedures with medical checks.

Interview Questions

• Can you tread water for 30 minutes.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Its the military son.

Recruit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Boston, MA).

Interview

Hardest part was meeting a recruiter and getting all my previous employers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not a nagotiation. I agreed to a garunteed district after bootcamp. Some get garunteed a school. Probably best bet with hiring and advancement freeze

Accounting Student Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Chesapeake, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

The application is as expected, and if you are called into an interview, expect a table of 2-3 interviewers. They are warm and welcoming, giving you information first before asking questions. If you are called back with an opening, you will need to submit a lengthy questionnaire for security reasons as most federal jobs require.

Interview Questions

• Questions asking to recall "a time that...." were hard   Answer Question