US Coast Guard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Coast Guard Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2017

2.4

SN Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Coast Guard.

Interview

Met with a recruiter, I took the ASVAB test, a physical, and I swore an oath to the United States. All very simple no special skills required, just a desire to serve the Coast Guard.

Be prepared visit www.gocoastguard.com to review what life in the Coast Guard is like prior to visiting with a recruiter. Make sure you have your documents in order ssn card, birth cert, and drivers license.

E-3 SN Deck Hand Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

None no questions were asked. The recruiter has a screening process to determine the course of action for those interested in joining. Do not take the process lightly. Think about your end goals or your long term plans for your future.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

No interview is needed for any position unless going the officer route. You apply in person at a recruiters office and choose a rate/mos you would like to be. You then take the asvab exam and see if your score qualifies you for the job you want or if you would have to retake it. Afterwards when you finish boot camp you either go straight into training for the job if it was a critical fill or go into the fleet and wait on the "A" school list until you can go to your training for the rate and become a petty officer.

Recruit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Really about gathering a portfolio to make yourself look more marketable. Resume, recommendation letters, transcripts, narrative, etc. Of course, tests such as the ASVAB play a major role in your placement. The higher the score, the more jobs that are available to you.

Military Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New London, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (New London, CT) in January 2012.

Interview

There really isnt an interview process for my accession program. I went to the academy which is the same as going into college, so there really wasnt an interview. You get paid a small amount as a cadet and after 4 years of school, you are given your job and your diploma all at once.

Interview Questions

• The security clearance documentation is extensive. it takes several days to complete.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Warren, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

one person interview, standard questions for a government accounting position. interviewer was knowledge about the position being filled and seemed engaged with me. they have since changed to panel interviews with three people alternating the questions. One person is from the section doing the hiring and the other two are from other sections.

Interview Questions

• do I have a problem working over time   1 Answer

Petty Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Newark, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview with a recruiter is very easy. Along with a lot of paperwork the full interview included a extensive background check, education aptitude test,drug test, and medical evaluation are all included. If you do your research and trust your recruiter with will have an enjoyable end successful career in the USCG.

Recruit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange City, FL

Interview

Easy interview. Not very long. Test makes biggest difference. I accepted right after. Went to boot camp. Passed. Fitness is very important. Study hard. Be respectful. You'll make it too.

Seaman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Spokane, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

MEPS, ASVAB, Physical, background check, drug test, one on one interview, learning the boot camp hand book, viewing a film on the Coast Guard and what they do.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a high school diploma?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard in July 2016.

Interview

It was a panel of three interviewers who took turns asking a series of ten standard questions. The interviewers were friendly and positive. I was able to answer all of the questions without too much difficulty. The interviewers took notes while I was talking. It seemed like an enjoyable place to work in a great new facility.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult colleague and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question