US Coast Guard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Coast Guard Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.4

Direct Commission Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Coast Guard.

Interview

The Coast Guard follows a pretty set process, which includes an interview panel. The panel is required to complete form CG-5527, which addresses Performance of Duties, Communications Skills, Leadership Skills, and Personal and Professional Qualities. This is later transmitted to headquarters for evaluation, along with the applicants resume.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Service, what draws you to the service? Tell us about your duties at a prior job and how you met your responsibilities? (Some questions about communications, especially if there are errors in the resume or application.) Provide us examples of your leadership challenges, ambitions. Tell us about your hobbies, interests and community service.   Answer Question

Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (New Orleans, LA) in March 2015.

Interview

it's the military so you should expect a long, detailed, and time consuming andever. first you speak with a recruiter, then after much paperwork and planning you are sent to MEPS where you are evaluated rigorously. if you pass all that after the first few months you get a deployment date where you well have to pass Coast Guard Boot Camp, in order to earn the label as a United States Coast GuardsMen. If you're interested, it wont be easy. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• you have to do a detailed background check of pretty much your entire life, so in a sense EVERYTHING!   1 Answer

Yeoman Interview

Interview

Several background checks, medical exam and ASBAV test. After you take the test they describe multiple jobs descriptions that you can apply. They also schedule for a drug test, fill out some paperwork.

Officer Candidate School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Apply through your recruiter. They will set up an interview with three officers at a local unit. Civilians should wear business attire (suit and tie for men). Don't be afraid to admit you don't know something and avoid sounding too certain on what exactly it is you want to do in the CG. Remember you haven't spent a day in uniform yet, so be open to the vast array of opportunities available for a CG officer.

Marine Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (New York, NY).

Interview

Application process with recruiter is very detailed and a lot of paper work. Initial Interview is intimidating, in front of a board of active duty officers. The interview process is not fast, you must start early to obtain the positions you desire. Make sure and prepare for the interview and ask any military officers you may know for help.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Coast Guard.

Interview

MEPS is just a long process. Be read for the ASVAB. Basic training is the real interview come prepared. Make sure you're physically fit and mentally prepared. it's only 8 weeks you just have to suck it up for a little while .

Electrical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Vancouver, WA).

Interview

The GC is a little more selective than other services because how small they are. so if you want to get in you have to show the recruiter that your serious about wanting to join.

Security/Law Enforcement Interview

Interview

Multiple applications have been submitted through different agencies. The selection process can be lengthy and takes patience. Cant expound more. Hopeful that using this job finder I'll find a job upon retirement from active duty.

SN Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Coast Guard.

Interview

Met with a recruiter, I took the ASVAB test, a physical, and I swore an oath to the United States. All very simple no special skills required, just a desire to serve the Coast Guard.

Be prepared visit www.gocoastguard.com to review what life in the Coast Guard is like prior to visiting with a recruiter. Make sure you have your documents in order ssn card, birth cert, and drivers license.

E-3 SN Deck Hand Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

None no questions were asked. The recruiter has a screening process to determine the course of action for those interested in joining. Do not take the process lightly. Think about your end goals or your long term plans for your future.