US Coast Guard Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.0

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Storekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

You take the ASVAB test which is a skills quiz. Then you will talk to your recruiter to find out which jobs you are elegible for. Once that is all done you go thru a medical screening. Once everything checks out, you will go to boot camp. Boot Camp is 8 weeks, and once you graduate you will be in the coast guard.

Interview Questions

• Will my current fitness level meet coast guard standards.   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Washington, DC).

Interview

There is no interview process for my current job. We are assigned by an Assignment Officer, sometimes referred to as a Detailer. Therefore, this section doesn't make much sense. There's not much more to say on the subject.

Junior Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

Officer Candidate School - Application Interview. You had to send in a packet for OSC and then they called you for an interview. This process took a few months. I was able to interview locally and the interview was with (3) different ranks (LTJG, LT and LCDR).

Interview Questions

• Future of the organization - what would you do in 5/10 years?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Washington, DC) in August 2009.

Interview

If you decide you want to be an Officer, you must apply as a cadet to the Coast Guard Academy. If you have a college degree, you can apply to the Coast Guard Officer candidate School. Both are in New London, CT. You can also apply as an enlisted.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me your view on ethics?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. The salary scales for military pay can be found on the internet.