US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (Crystal City, VA).

Interview

I applied online and was asked to come in for an interview about two weeks later. Unfortunately, the two staff members interviewing me did not know how to conduct an interview very well. They gave me a hard time about certain things and asked confusing questions. For example, one of the interviewers kept giving me a hard time about where I was living at the time - which is valid to ask about - but it came to a point where I thought it was unprofessional to keep asking me after I had given a perfectly good answer and explanation for it. Overall, it was a frustrating experience for me and I had the impression the interviewers weren't very prepared. I was thankful not to receive an offer.
    Another note: Try to use public transportation or have someone drop you off. The parking garage there in Crystal City is expensive; I paid over $20 for an interview that took less than an hour.

Interview Questions

• What's something we should know about you before we start working with you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants.

Interview

Interview was very basic, you meet once and than they follow up with you saying if you have the internship or not. The process in total was about 2 weeks long. It was a good experience, they made it very interactive.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to assess calls?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (Raleigh, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

I emailed USCRI with my resume and a cover letter. They quickly got back to me and asked when I could start. There was no interview. There is a mandatory background check which requires filling out a lot of paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Crystal City, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (Crystal City, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter. Got called for an interview and I managed to be in town for that. Very friendly and enthusiastic staff! I was interviewed by two staff members for the department I was applying for and they were both clearly passionate about what they do.

Interview Questions

• You could get a job with this resume, why choose to apply for an internship?   Answer Question

Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (Arlington, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Two Interviewers interviewed me for 1 hour. After that I took a writing test to test my writing capabilities. The test lasted 45 minutes which was timed. After that, they looked into my references and once I was deemed ok, I was offered the job, which I accepted

Proposal Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants in July 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted about an hour, and while there were some questions about me and my skills, the majority of questions were about the fundraising efforts of my current employer. It felt very unprofessional that they would be asking me trade secrets of another organization in this interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you'd be excited about doing as a proposal coordinator, and one thing that you don't feel as confident about?   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (Arlington, VA).

Interview

My first round interview was an hour long in person interview with two people from the team, including one who would be the candidate's direct manager. They asked standard interview questions reading off a piece of paper (i.e. what are your strengths/weaknesses?). It wasn't so much of a conversational interview, it more of reading off the list of questions and having your answer. The interviewers almost played the roles of "good cop/ bad cop", with one interviewer appearing to not be super engaged, would look out the window, lost track of which question we were on and the other one asking the majority of the questions.

I didn't move on past the first round, but was told that the next steps included a skills assessment, background check, and a 30 minute in person interview with other team members, including the director.

Interview Questions

• They did ask quite a few questions about interpersonal work conflicts: have you ever had a conflict with your manager, have you ever had a conflict with a coworker, have you ever had a coworker not do their share of the work, have you ever not reached a goal you made? I was expecting a couple of these, but I wasn't expecting that about half the interview questions were going to be negative in nature.   Answer Question

Refugee Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (Albany, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly and outgoing introducing herself and the organization to me. I was prepared for the typical interview questions that interviewer asked me. Very short and brief interview but I did get the internship.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experiences in communicating with non-english speakers? And how did you manage it?   1 Answer

Refugee Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (Albany, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online through my university's career website. The hiring process took less than a week. I was interviewed immediately for the position and started the internship shortly after.

Case Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (Albany, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Two separate interviews were held in total. The first was with the director of the office and then second was with a company representative from their main office. Both interviews had a second person present to evaluate. It was a basic question and answer interview that was based off a lot of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle "given" situation?   Answer Question