US Customs and Border Protection Border Patrol Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Customs and Border Protection Border Patrol Agent Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2017

4.0

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Started by applying via usajobs.gov after initial review I was scheduled for a placement test.
Placement test takes about 4hr and you should prepare.
From English test through logic and either artificial language or Spanish test.
Once you get 80% or more you will get the conditional offer and star moving through a process.
Medical and physical fitness test are fairly easy for someone active and being at the gym at least once a week. Structured interview maybe nerve wracking for some but actually is not that bad.
Once you get through all that the worst is still ahead, the polygraph test fills more like a psychological evaluation 2 of 3 do not make pass this point.
 Border patrol is the hardest on this test out of all law enforcement in the USA.
Too bad that this is not the first. No need to waist peoples time and money going through the process if you still going to weed good once out.

Interview Questions

• everyone signs NDA. so sorry no questions but generally is about what if scenarios.
    Watch Border wars and apply common sense and you will do just fine.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Customs and Border Protection

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

If you are familiar with oral-hiring boards and have experience in this field of work you should be just fine. Make sure you think through your answers. Practice various scenarios with others to make sure you can articulate your thoughts. Try not to be too nervous.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Very rigorous, involved multiple interviews with various levels of Law Enforcement over several months. Would not recommend if you need a quick job, this is an interview for career-minded individuals.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want a career with the US Border Patrol   1 Answer

Border Patrol Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview after completing the written tests and submitting employment documentation. The interview process consisted of briefly introducing myself to the panel, explaining why I wanted to be a BPA, followed by three scenario based questions. The panel presented hypothetical scenarios that could be encountered as a BPA, and asked me how I would handle specific aspects of the scenario given the conditions with which to work with. The panel presents you with a difficult dilemma in each situation and evaluates your decision making process, maturity, interpersonal skills, and judgement. Every answer I gave was challenged, and I fell into the deadly trap of waivering from my answers due to the misguided belief that I gave the wrong answer. Be sure to take some time in formulating an answer, and be prepared to justify it, regardless of how good it sounds in your head.

Interview Questions

• I cannot divulge any quesionts due to signing a confidentiality agreement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2009.

Interview

long typical law enforcement type hiring process with written test, physical evals, and drug screens.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiating