US Customs and Border Protection Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Newark, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

very easy; be honest and look confident then you will be fine. Make sure to be organized what to say and bring in questions to ask during the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• what skills do you possess to contribute to our department?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Detroit, MI) in August 2009.

Interview

Interview was part of a Hiring Fair. Interviewers seemed ill prepared and somewhat arrogant. Questions asked were both behavioral and technical with (2) interviewers in a cubical. I got the feeling the hiring fair was more of a publicity stunt versus any actually hiring getting done given the state of the economy in the area at the time of the interview, at least for this position.

Was told I would receive a followup via email within 2 weeks. Never received anything.

Interview Questions

• What is your level of technical training?   1 Answer
    • You are not going to be working with an end product but with peoples lives? Do you understand that completely?   1 Answer

Border Patrol Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview after completing the written tests and submitting employment documentation. The interview process consisted of briefly introducing myself to the panel, explaining why I wanted to be a BPA, followed by three scenario based questions. The panel presented hypothetical scenarios that could be encountered as a BPA, and asked me how I would handle specific aspects of the scenario given the conditions with which to work with. The panel presents you with a difficult dilemma in each situation and evaluates your decision making process, maturity, interpersonal skills, and judgement. Every answer I gave was challenged, and I fell into the deadly trap of waivering from my answers due to the misguided belief that I gave the wrong answer. Be sure to take some time in formulating an answer, and be prepared to justify it, regardless of how good it sounds in your head.

Interview Questions

• I cannot divulge any quesionts due to signing a confidentiality agreement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2009.

Interview

long typical law enforcement type hiring process with written test, physical evals, and drug screens.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiating

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Very rigorous, involved multiple interviews with various levels of Law Enforcement over several months. Would not recommend if you need a quick job, this is an interview for career-minded individuals.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want a career with the US Border Patrol   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Started by applying via usajobs.gov after initial review I was scheduled for a placement test.
    Placement test takes about 4hr and you should prepare.
    From English test through logic and either artificial language or Spanish test.
    Once you get 80% or more you will get the conditional offer and star moving through a process.
    Medical and physical fitness test are fairly easy for someone active and being at the gym at least once a week. Structured interview maybe nerve wracking for some but actually is not that bad.
    Once you get through all that the worst is still ahead, the polygraph test fills more like a psychological evaluation 2 of 3 do not make pass this point.
     Border patrol is the hardest on this test out of all law enforcement in the USA.
    Too bad that this is not the first. No need to waist peoples time and money going through the process if you still going to weed good once out.

Interview Questions

• everyone signs NDA. so sorry no questions but generally is about what if scenarios.
      Watch Border wars and apply common sense and you will do just fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

If you are familiar with oral-hiring boards and have experience in this field of work you should be just fine. Make sure you think through your answers. Practice various scenarios with others to make sure you can articulate your thoughts. Try not to be too nervous.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection.

Interview

Asked lots of question on java and j2ee and agile process , main focus is on technology and earlier project experience , Phone Screen ,Skills Review ,Project demo ,Design concept

Helpdesk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Washington, DC) in March 2009.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter, who arranged an in-person interview at a public location near the initial work location. Being an interview for a secret position, there was much of the usual ' i can't tell you that, but i can say X about it'. The particular group i worked with were interviewing primarily for personality fit with most of the skills due to the 12h shifts. After the interview, i got call from recruiter, an the employment process was on its way.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to enforce US drug laws regardless your feelings about them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not immediately respond to the initial offer. They came back $5 higher. I did not immediately accept, and they came back another $15 higher. It was a much easier negotiation process than anticipated.

Public Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Washington, DC) in July 2018.

Interview

They make you feel comfortable and they ask life experience based questions and the use the STAR method. Describing the Situation Task Action and Result. So practice practice practice