US Customs and Border Protection Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Customs and Border Protection Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Louisville, KY).

Interview

I started back when it was Customs. I waited about four years to get hired. They set me up for a panel interview. The panel wants to see how you would perform if you were hired.

Interview Questions

• How would I react to a situation involving violence.   1 Answer

CBP Officer Interview

Interview

The application process lasts several months and is a hybrid of online/in-person. Wouldn't recommend applying to this agency if you are good looking, fit & in shape, intelligent, etc as you will be quickly snuffed out as soon as you reach the portion of the application process where you actually begin interviewing/testing with individuals from the agency.

Interview Questions

• federal law prohibits the release of "classified" information. Any and all questions from any portion of the application process are deemed "classified"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Newark, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

I had to take entry exam, fitness test, medical test and must pass all of them in order to schedule an interview. Interview was not difficult at all. I was asked couple of situational questions

Border Patrol Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

If you are familiar with oral-hiring boards and have experience in this field of work you should be just fine. Make sure you think through your answers. Practice various scenarios with others to make sure you can articulate your thoughts. Try not to be too nervous.

Border Patrol Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Very rigorous, involved multiple interviews with various levels of Law Enforcement over several months. Would not recommend if you need a quick job, this is an interview for career-minded individuals.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection.

Interview

Asked lots of question on java and j2ee and agile process , main focus is on technology and earlier project experience , Phone Screen ,Skills Review ,Project demo ,Design concept

CBP Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection.

Interview

Panel interview was very professional. I was thoroughly impressed. Out of all of the law enforcement interviews I have participated in, this was the most organized. Make sure you have patience as the process will take a long time.

Automation Clerk () Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Springfield, VA).

Interview

Basically, it is all about networking. You have to know someone to get you in. Once you have an in it is pretty much smooth sailing. The recommendation vouches for you and you don't really have an interview. You are just brought on board or at least that was my process. I guess you can say your interview is the BI. Also, it is a long process with getting your background investigation, paperwork, etc. but worth it!

Interview Questions

• General Interview Questions i.e. - Where are you from? Who do you associate your with?   Answer Question

CBPO Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Formal 3 person panel with life experience and scenario based questions. The panel also asked various hypothetical scenario questions regarding your integrity, maturity and decision making.

Glassdoor is asking way too much in regards to this question. I can not give the answers to the test but just what types of questions that are asked.

Interview Questions

• A time when I was a project lead or team leader in a difficult time   1 Answer

Administrative and Office Support Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

The process was long. I applied In November and did not get a call until March for an interview. Did not hear anything from them until May. I started working in June.