US Customs and Border Protection Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Customs and Border Protection Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2017

Custom Border Patrol Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Interview

Be prepared, Situational question, logical questions focused on these areas. Do not stress. Have a plenty of rest before. Be specific. Very important dress well. Be there at least ahead of time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection.

Interview

Structure Interview: get to the interview site at 8:30 AM and start around 10 o'clock. The interview measure your abilities to access different situations but I cannot tell you what they are, because I signed an agreement before the interview. Mostly measure your moral, ethical and common sense. So really nothing to study. But you can definitely read ahead about how law enforcement officers deal with things in certain situation. If you are a prior service in military, you'll probably ace these questions. We training to responds with these situations in Basic training, NCO academy and in BOLC. Remember that the first thing in every question to think about is safety of immediate factor.

HR Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Bloomington, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a group of three HR people who asked performance based interview questions. I applied through USA Jobs and received a referral about 2 weeks from job closing. The questions were easy for me because I had several of these type interviews prior so I was prepared for these types of questions. I think I did well because I am a senior citizen and was given a conditional offer(pass a background investigation) within 2 weeks of the interview. I have already done a self BI so I know I am cleared. Just waiting for a provisional EOD.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 strongest attributes   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Started by applying via usajobs.gov after initial review I was scheduled for a placement test.
    Placement test takes about 4hr and you should prepare.
    From English test through logic and either artificial language or Spanish test.
    Once you get 80% or more you will get the conditional offer and star moving through a process.
    Medical and physical fitness test are fairly easy for someone active and being at the gym at least once a week. Structured interview maybe nerve wracking for some but actually is not that bad.
    Once you get through all that the worst is still ahead, the polygraph test fills more like a psychological evaluation 2 of 3 do not make pass this point.
     Border patrol is the hardest on this test out of all law enforcement in the USA.
    Too bad that this is not the first. No need to waist peoples time and money going through the process if you still going to weed good once out.

Interview Questions

• everyone signs NDA. so sorry no questions but generally is about what if scenarios.
      Watch Border wars and apply common sense and you will do just fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

It been a long process. 8 months so far. I am waiting on the next step. Its a process that should be given lots of time. I just passed the polygraph portion. A tip for the polygraph: follow the agents instructions. The machines there to fail you but the agents there to help you pass. I figured he knew more about that machine than I did so he would get me through it and i did.

CBP Officer Interview

Interview

The application process lasts several months and is a hybrid of online/in-person. Wouldn't recommend applying to this agency if you are good looking, fit & in shape, intelligent, etc as you will be quickly snuffed out as soon as you reach the portion of the application process where you actually begin interviewing/testing with individuals from the agency.

Interview Questions

• federal law prohibits the release of "classified" information. Any and all questions from any portion of the application process are deemed "classified"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Louisville, KY).

Interview

I started back when it was Customs. I waited about four years to get hired. They set me up for a panel interview. The panel wants to see how you would perform if you were hired.

Interview Questions

• How would I react to a situation involving violence.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Newark, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

I had to take entry exam, fitness test, medical test and must pass all of them in order to schedule an interview. Interview was not difficult at all. I was asked couple of situational questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

If you are familiar with oral-hiring boards and have experience in this field of work you should be just fine. Make sure you think through your answers. Practice various scenarios with others to make sure you can articulate your thoughts. Try not to be too nervous.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Very rigorous, involved multiple interviews with various levels of Law Enforcement over several months. Would not recommend if you need a quick job, this is an interview for career-minded individuals.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want a career with the US Border Patrol   1 Answer