US Customs and Border Protection Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Customs and Border Protection Interview Questions

Interviews at US Customs and Border Protection

Sector Enforcement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection in March 2020.

Interview

Interview was a 5 staff panel. Lots of questions pertaining to the job. Make sure you understand what the job entails. Situation awareness question as well. Great interview and comfortable and very professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had to deal with a situation or difficult employee?   Answer Question

BI Data Architect Interview

Interview

Process was very long. There were four rounds. The process was very convoluted. Overall the experience as nice and timely. It left me more informed. There were at least four people in the panel.

Interview Questions

• A lot if SQL related questions were asked but i was able to deal with it nicely.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection.

Interview

Three simple scenario based questions. If you have an IQ above room temperature you'll get them.

The interview is the easiest part compared to the polygraph. The polygraph is where you'll most likely fail the application process, it has a 67% fail rate.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA - Just three basic scenario questions. They aren't hard. I finished the interview in 10 minutes.   Answer Question

CBP Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection.

Interview

kind of confused about how to pass structure interview, since if you were not a police, you might not sure if you answer if in the right direction.
    make sure you come in at least 30 early so you can find parking.
    Definitely check in on time , you might told to wait and they will bring you in.

interview time are depend on CBP officers.

CBP Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection.

Interview

Long hiring process, give it a year before you start

Interview Questions

• Can't disclose due to contact signed not to talk about hiring questions Materials given to help you do well just be your self and be able to go where they need you for interview process. Be patient and continue to check your emails they will help the best they can but be ready when they call   Answer Question

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Houston, TX) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview was relaxed and easy to pass just common sense stuff and then you may and may not do your finger prints at the time of your interview or later on.

Interview Questions

• Can't explain or talk about the interview if your very interested apply and find out   Answer Question

Public Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Washington, DC) in July 2018.

Interview

They make you feel comfortable and they ask life experience based questions and the use the STAR method. Describing the Situation Task Action and Result. So practice practice practice

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Washington, DC).

Interview

Panel interview with 5 or 6 high-level managers, then a 2nd interview with their boss. 10 varied questions: tell me about a time when..., what is your experience with..., how would you handle...? I had time at the the end to ask a couple questions. The 2nd interview was a review of one of my previous answers and mostly time for me to ask questions. It was more of a conversation than the first. I asked a very controversial question and received a wonderfully honest answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to deal with an angry or uncooperative employee.   Answer Question

BPA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Laredo, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

Straightforward question.... they make you sign a confidential agreement so you cannot discuss the questions you were asked at the interview.... I would recommend it for people who love outdoorsy life

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Seattle, WA) in May 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed by the regional director - very easy going and laid back. My responses were recorded on the video camera and the decision was made by 2 individuals - one interviewing me and another in Minnesota.
    Received a passing letter a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Scenario-based questions and how I would respond   2 Answers