KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

US Customs and Border Protection Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 56 of over 56 interviews

In Person5%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

US Customs and Border Protection

Application

I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection

Interview

Interview went smoothly, lasted about an hour on the phone. Got email from the hiring manager few weeks after the interview. I was offered a job offer which I accepted. Then the background check took almost a year to get done. That was the longest part.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you want to join the CBP
    1 Answer

US Customs and Border Protection

Application

I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection

Interview

It is not a normal interview. Just pay attention and answer carefully. You’ll be fine. You sign an NDA when you are interviewed so you will not find any questions on the internet.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Customs and Border Protection

Application

I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection

Interview

Very easy, you will just need to know yourself. The questions are very straight forward and they explain the questions clearly for you to understand them. Just go in there with confidence and head held up high.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Customs and Border Protection

Application

I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection

Interview

It was intense and I had some difficulty answering some questions due to being nervous . I know now with better preparations I can do better. Organizational Location: This position is with the Department of Homeland Security, within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Border Patrol, Del Rio Sector, Eagle Pass South Station, Eagle Pass, TX. This position will allow you to use your expertise to prevent illegal entry of aliens into the United States by land, water, or air; enforce criminal provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Laws; and seek out and apprehend smugglers or aliens who are in the United States illegally. Apply for this exciting opportunity to strengthen the Department's ability to protect the homeland. This position starts at a salary of $107,807.00 (GS-14, Step 1) to $140,146.00 (GS-14, Step 10) with promotion potential to $140,146.00 (GS-14 Step 10). As a second-line Supervisory Border Patrol Agent (Deputy Patrol Agent In Charge) you will serve as a secondary law enforcement officer (under 5 U.S.C. 8331 (6C) and 8412 (d)) and be responsible for: Directing assignments of subordinate supervisors that perform all first-line Supervisory Border Patrol functions, station operations, and specialized units. Managing, directing, and coordinating activities aimed at preventing the illegal entry of aliens into the United States by land, water, or air. Enforcing the criminal provisions of the Immigration and Nationality laws. Normal supervisory functions, including providing policy guidance, resolving disciplinary problems, and preparing annual

US Customs and Border Protection

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection

Interview

Excellent interview process that helps you get a great career!! Interview teaches you a lot! It was long but definitely worth it! Be patient and be confident! Great people and good company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Customs and Border Protection

Application

I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection

Interview

The interview process went smooth. The board makes you fee welcome and will give you opportunity to talk at the end. It was a great experience. The panel elaborated on their questions which was very helpful

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Customs and Border Protection

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection in Apr 2021

Interview

three Person Panel. five questions. thirty minutes. Allowed for questions at the end. Very direct. Easy trait forward questions asked. Just know yourself and you should be good. Nothing out of the ordinary. First portion of the process of interviews.

Interview Questions
  • What prompted you to apply at specific location and what interested you about the announcement.
  • 3 most important to attribute skills.
  • Are you able to multitask. Give examples.
  • Describe written communication skills. Examples
  • Working in a fast paced environment, how do you prioritize.
2 people found this interview helpful

US Customs and Border Protection

Application

I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection

Interview

The process is rigorous and process oriented. It's a great process and all the executive level folks are involved. It look me about 2 weeks to get through it but i enjoyed it.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and your past experience
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sweet Grass, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 12 months. I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Sweet Grass, MT) in Jan 2021

Interview

It was brief and direct. Unlike most employers, they were very punctual and did not make me wait long. Asked many questions in an organized fashion. Supervisor was very cordial and composed. Minimal waiting, which was excellent. A great experience overall.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection (Phoenix, AZ)

Interview

The interview was all straight forward scenario questions. They ask you how you would react and there was no limit to how many times you could ask them to repeat the question.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 56 Interviews

US Customs and Border Protection Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at US Customs and Border Protection as 72.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.84 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for CBPO and Border Patrol Agent rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customs and Border Protection Officer and CBP Officer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at US Customs and Border Protection takes an average of 137 days when considering 55 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Helpdesk Technician had the quickest hiring process (on average 90 days), whereas Officer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 240 days).

Common stages of the interview process at US Customs and Border Protection according to 55 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 22.40%

Work at US Customs and Border Protection? Share Your Experiences

US Customs and Border Protection logo

US Customs and Border Protection Photos

+ Add Photo
US Customs and Border Protection photo of: Ronald Reagan Building & International Trade Center (US Customs & Border Patrol)  (Photo thanks to Flickr user cliff1066, available under by v2.0)
US Customs and Border Protection photo of: rio grande river
US Customs and Border Protection photo of: US Customs and Border Protection building  (Photo thanks to Flickr user Scorpions and Centaurs, available under by-nc-sa v2.0)
US Customs and Border Protection photo of: US Customs and Border Protection  (Photo thanks to Flickr user ThreadedThoughts, available under by-nd v2.0)
US Customs and Border Protection photo of: US Customs and Border Protection  (Photo thanks to Flickr user Still Burning, available under by-nc v2.0)
US Customs and Border Protection photo of: US customs office  (Photo thanks to Flickr user iBjorn, available under by-sa v2.0)
US Customs and Border Protection photo of: Lake patrol training