US Department of Defense Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2018

2.6

Computer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Baltimore, MD) in September 2011.

Interview

This was the worst experience i had , had to go trough so many interviews and process and there are so many restrictions. It's better to apply for any regular job instead of this. The amount of hassle and tress you dont need it just forget about DOD unless your born here and stuff it will be easier.

Computer Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (San Antonio, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. You get a phone call and later there is a face to face interview. The questions are typical of the position and there is a very relaxed environment. And finally, I got an offer.

Computer Scientist Interview

Interview

Hiring process was length and involved a lot of paper work. Since I first began with a pilot program, there was no interview involved.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Went through an initial phone screen. Then was flow out. 3 on-site interviews. Nothing technical really. Interview process was very smooth. After on site interviews a conditional offer was made. Background check took some time (several months).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Warner Robins, GA).

Interview

I originally applied to the position on USAjobs in the Fall of 2016 and I was asked if I was still interested in interviewing for the position in December of 2016. Actual interview took place in march of 2017.

Standard panel interview. You must arrive at least 20 mins early in order to review the questions. You're allowed to take notes that you can then use during the interview. Once your 20 mins are up, they'll escort you into the panel interview where your responses to the questions is timed. Afterwards, you're allowed to ask questions about the job, training, etc. The interview questions are all pretty standard, especially since this interview was for an entry-level position.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? Give an example of a time where you were motived by something and what the outcome was.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle yourself in group settings? Describe a situation where you had to work with a group/team to accomplish a goal. What was the effect?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

easy , one simple phone interview , you are pretty much hired upon answering the phone. the process took about 1-4 weeks . You need to do a lot of background checking and fingerprints

Interview Questions

• why did you chose the college you went to.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

Plenty of email traffic back and forth. I applied on USAJOBS.com and it was fairly straightforward. Just follow the qualifications step and make your resume match. The gov't is very "by-the-book" and wont ask you crazy questions. However, they were looking for someone for "the long haul." I would have taken the job but I got a better offer elsewhere. Good Luck.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Detrick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Fort Detrick, MD) in August 2009.

Interview

Applied online...screened through candidates...and then one on one process

Better Opportunity/Promotion in current job

Interview

I had applied as a college intern and had no real interview. The only question I was asked was if I still wanted the job (it took them 3 months to respond to my application).

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions for the college intern level.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating.

Interview

My position was eliminated and I was management reassigned to the position. No interview was required and I had no chance to apply for a different position.