US Department of Defense Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.6

240 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

The interview was done on the spot at a career expo. Interview consisted of questions relating to communication and working with others. Interview mainly focused on behavioral type questions and making sure candidate was able to communicate effectively when needed or in situations where communication is key.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well in groups?
      How would you handle a situation that didn't go your way?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Washington, DC).

Interview

A panel of 3 asking different questions. Then going through different scenarios asking how you would handle it. Good questions, not easy but nothing out of left field. Scenarios were good.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage employees located at another site that you do not see everyday?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Cedar City, UT).

Interview

Long application process via USAJOBS.com, then received a phone interview where I was asked many questions on how to process the paperwork for Cadets. Both contracted and non contracted.

Interview Questions

• What is the process to contract a Cadet and what forms are used to Contract a Cadet   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense in August 2017.

Interview

Thank you for the opportunity to apply for the Financial Analyst role at your company. After reviewing your job description, it’s clear that you’re looking for a candidate that is extremely familiar with the responsibilities associated with the role, and can perform them confidently. Given these requirements, I am certain that I have the necessary skills to successfully do the job adeptly and perform above expectations.

I am an efficient professional who has been consistently praised as proactive by my co-workers and management. Over the course of my 20-year career, I’ve developed a skill set directly relevant to the Senior Analyst role you are hiring for, including the ability to prioritize and multitask in a high pressured environment to meet a deadline. Overall, I have consistently demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and outstanding customer service skills in every aspect of my Senior Financial Analyst role at United States Army, and I invite you to review my detailed achievements in the attached resume.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was one day and lasted for 30 minutes. It was a panel of 3 individuals. They asked questions regarding my ability to travel and working with teams. I was also asked about working with different ethnic groups.

Interview Questions

• How do I interact with Attorneys that are older than me and have been around for a long time?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy because I always answer based on my last position. There were many situational questions, but I'm used to answering these types of questions. I think this is they way that many companies are going when it comes to interviews, especially with the Department of Defense.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a situation with an angry customer   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

Long hiring process 4-8 months. Submit for a job listing. If resume is referred, then a telephone interview is conducted before selection is made. Multiple interviews may be required based on the position and number of applicants being screened.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Meade, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Fort Meade, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

two part interview, first is over the phone then you are brought in for a face to face and asked 20 question from a panel of 5 people and then you are asked to take a 10 question IT test

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

Plenty of email traffic back and forth. I applied on USAJOBS.com and it was fairly straightforward. Just follow the qualifications step and make your resume match. The gov't is very "by-the-book" and wont ask you crazy questions. However, they were looking for someone for "the long haul." I would have taken the job but I got a better offer elsewhere. Good Luck.

Museum Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (West Point, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

About a 5 month delay in the interview request due to the federal hiring freeze. Contacted on a Monday to setup an interview by end of the week. About 30 minutes of questions based on past experience working in the given area with 2 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an obstacle you faced, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question