US Department of Defense Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Defense Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

No interview (priority placement). An Executive Order signed by the president of the United States allows certain categorized job seekers (RIF, MilSpouse) priority placement for a position if they are best qualified. This category must be selected above all others.

Negotiation

No negotiation was allowed.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Warner Robins, GA).

Interview

I originally applied to the position on USAjobs in the Fall of 2016 and I was asked if I was still interested in interviewing for the position in December of 2016. Actual interview took place in march of 2017.

Standard panel interview. You must arrive at least 20 mins early in order to review the questions. You're allowed to take notes that you can then use during the interview. Once your 20 mins are up, they'll escort you into the panel interview where your responses to the questions is timed. Afterwards, you're allowed to ask questions about the job, training, etc. The interview questions are all pretty standard, especially since this interview was for an entry-level position.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? Give an example of a time where you were motived by something and what the outcome was.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle yourself in group settings? Describe a situation where you had to work with a group/team to accomplish a goal. What was the effect?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense in January 2017.

Interview

Questions and then more questions like this app I have to fill out just to look at a possible job. So the DOD is a great place to work however the cut backs make it very hard to be successful. Everyone want to sit at a desk and make charts of what they might do if they worked.

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense in January 2017.

Interview

I talked to an Air Force Civilian Service individual at a career fair. She took my resume and put it in the system for the Air Force Civilian Service. Received a phone call a week after asking if I was still interested, said yes. Two months went by until I received another phone call, this time by the engineer manager at NASIC. Set up a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What are my goals in the next 5 years.   1 Answer

Relocation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on-line through USA jobs. I was then sent an E-mail stated that I was in the selection pool ans was asked if I was still interested? I replied back yes and was then setup for a via phone interview. within one week

Interview Questions

• How was my customer skills and to describe a situation if a customer became upset; how would I handle it?   1 Answer

Human Resource Compensation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Travis AFB, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Travis AFB, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

All assessments, resume and required forms were submitted online. About a week later a lady called me asking if I was interested in interviewing for the position after verifying that I was aware of the travel requirement. Then she schedule my interview one week out. At the interview there were two employees, one male and one female, they took turns asking questions about my software experience especially with Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. It was very relaxed yet professional. Everyone in the office wore comfortable clothes, a professional casual environment.

Interview Questions

• are you able to travel 75% of the time   1 Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

ECQs are painful and expensive to write and review and there is no guarantee that they will be approved by the QRB even if you are the most qualified person for the job. Then, if they are not accepted, you are prohibited from applying for another SES position for one year.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that separate you from the rest?   Answer Question

Learning Standards Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Norfolk, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted about two weeks later for an interview. Conducted with a hiring board (3 people, one of them active duty) via phone. Standard interview questions. In fact, the main interviewer mentioned he was using standard interview questions. Took about 40 minutes, and then they afforded me time to ask my questions. Of course the long part is waiting for the results. It's been about a month since the interview with no decision made yet.

Interview Questions

• I was not ready for the 'why are you leaving your current position' question - I'm retiring from active duty, and they knew I was.   1 Answer

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I Arrived early and was welcomed with a greeting. They were very professional. They gave me knowledge about the company/position that I applied for. I told them a little bit about myself. They explained their benefits package and pay. They told me a few things that they liked about me. They asked me what I expected from their company.

Interview Questions

• Tell them about myself?   1 Answer
    • What I expected from their company?   1 Answer

Department of Defense Office of the Inspector General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Alexandria, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was in three phases. The first was a telephone interview with three to four supervisors of the organization. After the agency scaling down the number of candidates a second telephone interview was conducted. The final was a face to face interview at the OIG just outside Washington DC.