US Department of Defense Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.6

Customer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Silverdale, WA).

Interview

Behavioral Based Interview process. They asked about greatest achievement and how would i react to a situation. The majority of the questions are scripted and they have to follow a specific process to eliminate any possibility of favoring one person over another. There are usually 3 people that ask the questions. then after the interview they compare notes and their views on the most qualified.

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Fairfax, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

They offer me straight the job. No interview but the process for paperwork takes really long time. It will really hard to contact the HR, but they are very nice with step by step instructions for newcomers.

Interview Questions

• I offer you this job with this salary this benefit from government and the maximum GS you will have for this job is ... Will you take it ?? They also show you instruction for setting up account and preparing countless forms.   1 Answer

Soldiers Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

Very selective, very complete, they went over everything. It's not easy to get into the military these days with all of the cut backs. But still it can be done.

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied on USAJOBS and the process was pretty standard. Received a telephonic interview. The interview was with a panel of 3 members. Each member asked 3 questions. The questions were scripted in order to ensure consistency amongst the candidates. The interview was very thorough and the panel was extremely nice.

Interview Questions

• What role have you performed analyzing processes and management decisions.   Answer Question

Senior Biomedical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense in August 2015.

Interview

Oral interview as Round Robin of prepared questions where each person would propose a question in whole or in multiple parts with tertiary questions surrounding the prime question.

Interview Questions

• Aspects of dealing with a difficult client or coworker.   1 Answer

IT Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Norfolk, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Run of the mill interview questions and second half was technical to test knowledge. The first half was questions like, what is the most important job you had to accomplish as an IT Profession, and Is there anything about your profession you don't like? I was honest and hoped it was enough. Apparently it was. One week later I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Packets are being dropped on your network. Name one place you would begin troubleshooting   1 Answer

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Sam Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Fort Sam Houston, TX).

Interview

A lot of technical questions. Questions about my work history. Questions were asked of me by several engineers with varying degrees of skill levels. Subnetting questions had to be solved with no paper or pen. They were done in your head, which is easy if you study.

Interview Questions

• Subnetting, Routing Protocols, Firewalls, Routers, etc.   1 Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call for an interview. I had to speak with HR and discuss the available times and days. After finding a great time, I decided to finalize my date and time.

Student Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Aberdeen, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

It's a simple interview process just one interview. They will ask if you would rather have a phone interview or a in person interview, choose to go in person. The questions they ask are extremely basic because they do not expect you to really know anything.

Security Guard 0085 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Rucker, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Fort Rucker, AL).

Interview

Applied in person, usually the jobs are online @USAjobs but for this post its in person. After 2 months received an email to set up an interview the following week. Formal interview with typical job related questions. The interviewer was very passionate about his job and made me even more excited about the position.

Interview Questions

• What does leadership mean to you. Why should I hire you. Why do you want to be a security guard. What do you think is the most important part of the job.What would you do in your down time on the job. Really there were no difficult questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none