US Department of Defense Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.6

Training Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Biloxi, MS) in January 2015.

Interview

General basic interview. Was asked basic information about what made me a good fit for the job. Interviewer just wanted to make sure that once hired I would remain for awhile.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic questions about my qualifications and how they fit in with the position.   Answer Question

Police Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

applied last year,got referred and had a phone interview,was selected two months later after in person interview. did backround physical test and phsical agility test and poly test and written test and had to get ammunization up to date process was a very long eight months goverment takes a long time it seems.

Lifeguard/Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Anchorage, AK) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a physical test for swimming.( one minute of treading water with hands raised above head, ten 25m laps, 10lbs brick retrieval). Also there was a situational awareness test. Basic questions to how one would react in an emergency.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a leader? Why?   1 Answer

Head Hunter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

The hiring process is extremely lengthy. You go through a detailed background check, drug testing, a 10 year history of work, residence, ect. Prior to that you sit down with a company head hunter which has a 2 hour odd interview with you. After that, they run the check, if you pass the interview and background check you get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one thing about you that you would like to change and what are you doing about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The position was for a set rating salary.

Medical Records Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

I applied for the job in April. It took about a month before I was referred to the hiring agency. One week later I was selected for the job. I did not have an interview.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any questions prior to being hired. The day I started working the manager just spoke to me briefly and explained the job duties.   Answer Question

Medical Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

You apply online. It takes weeks to see if your name made the "list" for the opportunity for the job. If you are selected for an interview off of the "list" (you may not be, just because you made the list, doesn't mean you'll get an interview) you are called and an interview is set up. It may take awhile to be notified if you were selected. If you were not, evenutally it pops up on your account. (eventually can be weeks) If you are offered the job, it takes up to 3-4 months to actually start after all the necessary background checks and whatnot. You are not given a set start date either until shortly before you start. It's quite the waiting game.

Negotiation

People say you can negotiate, but negotaitions will take awhile. It depends on the job and who you are if you'll manage to negotiate for anything other than what they want to give you.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairborn, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Fairborn, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

My resume and networking provided a seamless transition. I had 3 phone interviews then met with the prime contractor. I requested the job description; I was already chosen as a hire and wanted to be aware of the specifics of the job category; length of the contract, etc.

Interview Questions

• Ability to coordinate with Senior Leadership; knowledge of Department of Defense Financial Department Air Force Instruction: Air Force Policy Directive (AFPD) 63-1/20-1, Acquisition and Sustainment.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

Interview was to show your logical reasoning abilities and values, not about skills. The interview requires you to hold (or abandon) an position, and frequently regresses to an investigation of the principles that underlie your position. Once the principles are articulated, the interviewer frequently uses them in other examples to their logical extreme in order to force an examination your principles and therefore your position. There were also group discussion in which interviewers pitted interviewees against each other in a similar fashion to gauge their abilities to argue, cooperate, etc.

Interview Questions

• Should selling your organs be legal?   1 Answer

CYPA IV Interview

Interview

All over the board. Depending on time of year, you could interview in front of 6 people or go through a phone interview.
    After hiring, it can be 2 months to 5 months before you're put to work since you have to wait to get cleared

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non existant

Interview

There was no Hiring Process, they make sure your fit to serve with tests and physical evaluations and if your good they send you to bootcamp, which is 9 weeks then you go to your unit and they do what they want to you till your out or reenlist.

Negotiation

No negotiations, monthly salary what they say is what you get.