US Department of Defense Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 28, 2017

2.6

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied on USAJOBS and the process was pretty standard. Received a telephonic interview. The interview was with a panel of 3 members. Each member asked 3 questions. The questions were scripted in order to ensure consistency amongst the candidates. The interview was very thorough and the panel was extremely nice.

Interview Questions

• What role have you performed analyzing processes and management decisions.   Answer Question

Senior Biomedical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense in August 2015.

Interview

Oral interview as Round Robin of prepared questions where each person would propose a question in whole or in multiple parts with tertiary questions surrounding the prime question.

Interview Questions

• Aspects of dealing with a difficult client or coworker.   1 Answer

MSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Tacoma, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was standard the hiring process was lengthy. Several phone calls for the interview and background checks. Had a face to face interview and once I was hired on I had to go through an in depth background check that included verification of 10yr history and finger prints. Then there was a 2 week introduction that included lots of power point and module work with certification requirements. All this was done before even reporting to your working department.

Interview Questions

• Whats your worse attribute?   1 Answer

IT Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Norfolk, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Run of the mill interview questions and second half was technical to test knowledge. The first half was questions like, what is the most important job you had to accomplish as an IT Profession, and Is there anything about your profession you don't like? I was honest and hoped it was enough. Apparently it was. One week later I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Packets are being dropped on your network. Name one place you would begin troubleshooting   1 Answer

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Sam Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Fort Sam Houston, TX).

Interview

A lot of technical questions. Questions about my work history. Questions were asked of me by several engineers with varying degrees of skill levels. Subnetting questions had to be solved with no paper or pen. They were done in your head, which is easy if you study.

Interview Questions

• Subnetting, Routing Protocols, Firewalls, Routers, etc.   1 Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call for an interview. I had to speak with HR and discuss the available times and days. After finding a great time, I decided to finalize my date and time.

Student Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Aberdeen, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

It's a simple interview process just one interview. They will ask if you would rather have a phone interview or a in person interview, choose to go in person. The questions they ask are extremely basic because they do not expect you to really know anything.

Security Guard 0085 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Rucker, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Fort Rucker, AL).

Interview

Applied in person, usually the jobs are online @USAjobs but for this post its in person. After 2 months received an email to set up an interview the following week. Formal interview with typical job related questions. The interviewer was very passionate about his job and made me even more excited about the position.

Interview Questions

• What does leadership mean to you. Why should I hire you. Why do you want to be a security guard. What do you think is the most important part of the job.What would you do in your down time on the job. Really there were no difficult questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Medical Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

Behavioral Style Interview questions from 4-5 different peers. Where they each ask you to give specific situational situations. What were your actions, what was the end result, and what did you learn from the situation. Make eye contact with each person as you are explaining your situation, to maintain involvement with the other peers.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you handled a combative co-worker situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for them to beat my current salary

Human Resources Specialist(Military) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Birmingham, AL) in January 2015.

Interview

Typically you are referred for the job if you are among the best qualified then your placed on a register and Civlian Personel Office contacts you in reference to you interest in the position.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with the US Army Reserves. Are you farmiliar with the timecard keeping system; can you process Line of Duites. Have you ever used systems such as: DCPDS, Select Manager or DCPD; AutoNOA   1 Answer