US Department of Defense Office of Inspector General Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Defense Office of Inspector General Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Department of Defense Office of Inspector General

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (Alexandria, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on USA jobs in September 2016 and received a call for an interview at the end of November. It was a four person panel phone interview. It was a very casual conversation. The interview was not difficult. It was a behavioral based interview, and they asked a couple technical questions. I was supposed to do three more four personal panel interviews (a total of 16 people) but ended up receiving a job offer two and half weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time in which you were placed in a hard situation with one of your co-workers or classmates? What was the situation? How did you handle the situation? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to convince someone or a group of people to see your side of a situation or of your opinion? What was the situation? How did you handle the situation? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Student Trainee (IT Specialist) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

I couldn't be more pleased with the interview process. The gentleman who conducted the interview was very respectful and asked productive questions as I had hoped for. He also did an excellent job answering my questions at the end of the interview, elaborating on details that I did not previously know.

Interview Questions

• How do you address conflicts?   1 Answer

Junior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (Alexandria, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Submit my application online via Usajobs. Receive a call two month later for an interview in Virginia. The behavioral interview last about an hour. Very nice interviewers. A panel of three staff members.

Interview Questions

• What is your major accomplishment in your current job? Did you face any obstacle? How did you overcome the obstacles?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (Arlington, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

I believe the interview process was great. The people interviewing us was very professional. They first gave a briefing and provided enough information to understand what they do and how they do it.

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Irwin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (Fort Irwin, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

It was quick

Interview Questions

• Are you certified with Lean Six Sigma   1 Answer

Good

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (Lansing, MI) in January 2008.

Interview

I appied at my university's career services website. Following the application, I received word that I had been chosen for an interview. The day before interviews a meet-and-greet was held between the interviewers and interviewees. A presentation was provided and everyone was introduced. The next day interviews took place in a group fashion, where there were two interviewers and the lone interviewee. A few weeks later offers were made and the background check process was intiiated. This process took a long time (9 months estimated). Once I finally passed my background check, a date was set to begin work. They paid for me to move but I didn't receive my bonus until after I started. This made the first month tough, financially.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered a salary and a bonus, which I accepted.