US Department of Defense Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.9

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

ECQs are painful and expensive to write and review and there is no guarantee that they will be approved by the QRB even if you are the most qualified person for the job. Then, if they are not accepted, you are prohibited from applying for another SES position for one year.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that separate you from the rest?   Answer Question

Department of Defense Office of the Inspector General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Alexandria, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was in three phases. The first was a telephone interview with three to four supervisors of the organization. After the agency scaling down the number of candidates a second telephone interview was conducted. The final was a face to face interview at the OIG just outside Washington DC.

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

Filled out an application. Got a phone call two weeks later. Answered some basic questions. Invited to fly out (they paid for it) for in-person interview. Standard questions, nothing too tough or unexpected. Typical behavioral-type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled adversity or conflict in a work environment   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Fairfax, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

They offer me straight the job. No interview but the process for paperwork takes really long time. It will really hard to contact the HR, but they are very nice with step by step instructions for newcomers.

Interview Questions

• I offer you this job with this salary this benefit from government and the maximum GS you will have for this job is ... Will you take it ?? They also show you instruction for setting up account and preparing countless forms.   1 Answer

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied on USAJOBS and the process was pretty standard. Received a telephonic interview. The interview was with a panel of 3 members. Each member asked 3 questions. The questions were scripted in order to ensure consistency amongst the candidates. The interview was very thorough and the panel was extremely nice.

Interview Questions

• What role have you performed analyzing processes and management decisions.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Follow directions from USA Jobs. Sometimes it is hard to tell if an internal candidate has the inside track for the job offering. The hardest part is getting your resume through Personnel...really key in on the job description and get those key words in your education, training, and experience.

Interview Questions

• It is really hard to tell. Generally will be interviewed by a panel with a set of questions addressed to all being interviewed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate, the pay scale is set. You may be able to get a little more if you can prove that your current salary is above their offer.

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Belvoir, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Fort Belvoir, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Typical panel interview, consisted of 5 people. Your usual interview questions. Formal but did not feel pressured. Each panel member asked several questions and introduced themselves. Was given a tour of facility after the interview.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was long. It took about 4 months to get an email. Followed up with a phone. Went in for a panel interview. Why do you want to be a federal employee? What are your strengths and weakness? Do you prefer to work on a team or individually.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very easy, more so about my previous experience.   Answer Question

US Army Operations Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of two individuals in the career field asking a bunch of standard employment questions (strength, weakness, hobbies, etc). There were also a battery of tests and a the filling of an SF86 to apply for a security clearance. Credit report and criminal background checks were also conducted.

FS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

Wasn't sure who hired me exactly since i had face-to-face; through phone; and emails. The entire process was confusing since you don't have a POC in case you have any questions about the status.

Interview Questions

• Basic relevant questions regarding your current position and previous ones. it was quick and brief   Answer Question