US Department of Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

US Department of Education Interview Questions

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Education.

Interview

I got an email from my supervisor asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted approximately 20 minutes, and was with both my immediate supervisor and another person in the department who oversaw some of the technical aspects of what we did. After that, I got another email with the offer.

Policy Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Department of Education.

Interview

Started with an Initial interview. There was a short review period. Then was sent a performance task that I had to submit in 48 hours. Afterward, I did two-three interviews in person. Lastly, meet staff, and that was it.

Interview Questions

• A scenario was provided. Scenario led to a question of what I would do in that instance.   Answer Question

Interview

I applied for a position with the Department of Education in December of 2016. I received a call from two of the locations I selected as preferences within a week of the announcement closing wanting to schedule interviews. I had two phone interviews (one for each location) the following week. The questions were average difficulty, tell us about yourself...etc. Following the interviews I had to provide a writing samplr to both hiring managers for further consideration. I received a tenative job offer for both locations within a week of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. How do you stay current with regards to federal regulations on student aid?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no option for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Department of Education (New York, NY).

Interview

After submitting my resume through my university recruiting website, I was selected after a webcam interview with two office executives. It was an easy interview. I received an email a few days later with the hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• Very Basic Questions
      Behavioral and non-technical
      Tell us a fun fact about yourself   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Education (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Resumes are filed through USA Jobs website. After several weeks, I was contacted and then called for an interview. There was an initial screening discussion over the phone. Then I went to the headquarters for an interview with a group of people, who all took turns asking me questions.

OPEPD Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Education.

Interview

fairly simple process of applying online with resume, cover letter, separate application for office of policy evaluation planning and development for which i was applying; received notice of an interview request from staffer in the office and had a series of questions about my policy research experience and interests and strengths

Interview Questions

• explain strengths/strategies in my approach to research   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Department of Education in December 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter to one of the political appointees. She reviewed my resume and emailed me to set up a phone interview. I dialled in on a conference line and she asked me about my education, past work experience, and reasons for applying to the Department of Education.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with the Department of Education?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Education (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through a form that I saw on the Department of Ed website. I submitted my resume and cover letter, and specified the offices within the Department that I was interested in. I was then contacted for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Department of Ed?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Education in June 2014.

Interview

Sent resume and cover letter to the internship coordinators. They screened my application and sent it to the office I requested to intern with. Interviewed with office staff a couple of weeks later.

Special Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Education (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was thorough. It was a great opportunity to meet the team with whom I would eventually be working and it served as an opportunity to better examine myself and my capabilities. I appreciated the opportunity and would refer others to the job because of the cordiality of the team and how organized the process was.