US Department of Health and Human Services Auditor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Department of Health and Human Services Auditor Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Dallas, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

The application was lengthy. I received a follow-up call for an interview a month later. I went in for the interview in professional dress. They gave me an option to do my interview at either office location (a real plus in my book). The questions in the interview were pretty standard. What is your biggest weakness? What is your biggest strength? Tell me about yourself. Etc.

Interview Questions

• The only question that seemed not "textbook" was how would you react to having your audit report come back with a bunch of edit marks and suggestions? I believe my answer to this question landed me the offer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. It's a government job. Everyone is treated the same.

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Health and Human Services

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in April 2010.

Interview

Submitted application. Several months later received a phone call asking if I was still interested. Phone call acted as a initial interview based upon the flow of the conversation and topics presented. At the end of the conversation asked to attend a in-person interview. In-person interview consisted of a panel of 3. Much of the interview was like presenting your bio. Personality was is a major factor. The following week received a phone call from HR asking if I would accept the position.

Interview Questions

• Several questions were scenario based. Also consisted of your typical strengths, weaknesses, and describe a incident and what would you do different.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Atlanta, GA) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview lasted for about an hour. There were 3 people interviewing me. Some of the questions were:

Why Dept of HHS?
    What is your biggest accomplishment?
    Tell me about yourself?
    Do you have any experience with SQL, databases?

Thats really all I can remember. Athough they emailed me back and said that they liked me , there for looking for IT Auditors. I said that wasnt my speciality in the interview so thats why they didnt pick me. I was just being honest. Most classes I took pretained to FInancial Statement Auditing.