US Department of Health and Human Services Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 82 of over 82 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Department of Health and Human Services

US Department of Health and Human Services

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter and was offered screening interview with two attorneys via Zoom type platform. The interview lasted approx. 20 mins and was general in nature. I followed up with thank you emails after the interview and did not receive responses.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in the work we do?
    Answer Question

US Department of Health and Human Services

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services

Interview

The interview process consisted of a screening interview that was 30 minutes followed by a second panel interview with four individuals. The interviewers were kind and thoughtful. I found the questions to be straightforward and mostly focused on my relevant experience and what qualities or skills make me a good candidate.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Department of Health and Human Services

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services

Interview

I had heard that the federal hiring process could be long, but this is ridiculous. I interviewed for more than one position. One of the interviews that seemed to go extraordinarily well ended with zero communication about a hiring decision (6 months later and still nothing). Another position I hired for did move forward, but it's taken forever to finalize. If this is how this agency does business, I recommend job candidates look elsewhere, unless they have all the time in the world to waste on this messy and thoroughly disorganized process. The hiring process has taken 8 months (so far!) with no end in sight.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Department of Health and Human Services

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in Sep 2021

Interview

Pre-assessment, then two more assessments and an interview done virtually with a separate individual, a hiring specialist . She asked 10 questions about how would I or did I handle them.

Interview Questions
  • If my references are still in the same positions

US Department of Health and Human Services

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services

Interview

The process was completed online and was not difficult, they asked a set of questions you were given ahead of time after completing a short writing assignment to verify your ability to professionally conduct yourself.

Interview Questions
  • Explain the position and what it does to the best of your knowledge.

US Department of Health and Human Services

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services

Interview

Two rounds of panel interviews with STAR format questions. It was virtual due to the pandemic. Each interview was 45 minutes, although in both cases it went a little over due to my questions at the end.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Department of Health and Human Services

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services

Interview

A lot of hurry up and wait. Big group interview calls, or video where I was the only one to turn my camera on. Did 3 rounds of interviews in 2 weeks and then didn’t hear from them for another 6 weeks

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (New York, NY)

Interview

Phone Interview. Asked the typical questions. Very to the point and no nonsense. Called on time as previously specified. Got an offer the next week. This thing needs to have at least 30 words.

Interview Questions
  • How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuero, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Cuero, TX) in Feb 2021

Interview

Met with interview board and was informed how the interview would be conducted. There was a series of 6 rounds of questions. There were three board members who each asked a question. Very average interview with basic questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Austin, TX)

Interview

The process was very thorough, accessible, and inclusive. They made it easy for me to get scheduled and the process was very transparent. The 30 word minimum on this template makes it difficult for someone to really utilize this website.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 82 Interviews

US Department of Health and Human Services Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at US Department of Health and Human Services as 66.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.68 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Auditor and Public Health Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Internship and Program Analyst roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at US Department of Health and Human Services takes an average of 59 days when considering 85 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Intern had the quickest hiring process (on average 47 days), whereas Public Health Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 110 days).

Common stages of the interview process at US Department of Health and Human Services according to 85 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 29.37%