US Department of Health and Human Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017

2.9

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistance Payments Worker Interview

Interview

Interview was very intense. It was panel style. They allow you to follow along with a list of questions you are provided with. The questions were behavior based. I received an email stating I passed the interview portion. They asked for a copy of my social security card and driver license. I have not heard anything back yet

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to prioritize things in order to get the job done   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in January 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with the one of the directors of the particular office. Asked basic behavioral interview questions, but the interviewer talked for the majority of the time explaining the position and the organizational objectives.

General Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Submit the requested documents, including a supplemental questionnaire related to the specific job requirements. Turn around was very fast, and I was called to set up an in-person interview the next day or so.

The actual interview was with the GC and Deputy GC. Seemed to be looking for more public service focused candidates.

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Rockville, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online on USAjobs.gov back in August 2014. Got referred to hiring manager in October 2014 and received an interview in November 2014. First interview (phone) was panel of three people with one question. Second round consisted of three panel in-person.

Various Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Lufkin, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Crazy to extensive. In general every employer knows who they will hire. Why go further if the position will not be landed. People and bills will not wait until they decide or until aftwr the person doesnt fullfil their needs.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in the position   1 Answer

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey Park, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Monterey Park, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I got the the interview through their college campus recruitment through the career center's job board. I was a selected candidate for an entry-level staff auditor position. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes in the morning. They were looking for candidates with interpersonal skills, some audit experience, and technical writing skills. They had asked me to describe my past experience in those three areas. I had illustrated my interpersonal skills by telling them about my past experience of gathering business requirements from numerous stakeholders for projects. I had also elaborated on my auditing skills as I have completed an information technologies compliance audit. Finally, discussed the aptitude of my technical writing skills from my past experiences creating internal control procedures, documenting business processes, and variance reporting for senior management.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any past experience in auditing?   1 Answer
    • Do you possess technical writing skills?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to travel?   1 Answer

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Columbia, SC) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online, received a call about 3 weeks later to schedule an interview. The interview was a panel interview consisting of 3 supervisors. They took turns asking questions, very strange questions, such as your biggest weakness. Also, they tended to ask different questions that all had the same answer.

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christiansted, VI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Christiansted, VI) in May 2010.

Interview

I truely did not feel ready for this interview, i was very much not prepard

Interview Questions

• How would you say you rate your skills at multi-tasking, or being pulled from one thing to another, on a regular basis?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle conflict?   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Atlanta, GA) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview lasted for about an hour. There were 3 people interviewing me. Some of the questions were:

Why Dept of HHS?
    What is your biggest accomplishment?
    Tell me about yourself?
    Do you have any experience with SQL, databases?

Thats really all I can remember. Athough they emailed me back and said that they liked me , there for looking for IT Auditors. I said that wasnt my speciality in the interview so thats why they didnt pick me. I was just being honest. Most classes I took pretained to FInancial Statement Auditing.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Washington, DC) in August 2009.

Interview

Very nice people. Interviewed a lot of people. The office environment was very professional and the tasks seemed very interesting. The job consisted of a lot of research and writing and working with colleagues. The office is in a nice location.