US Department of Health and Human Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.7

Chiropractic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Martinez, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Pleasantly surprised, interview went very well. They actually asked good questions about my performance and why I wanted to joint their team. Was about an hour, then was asked to look around the facility's treatment center.

Interview Questions

• How would you keep moral up and what could I contribute to the company's long term goals.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

In order to get the job, I had to participate in 2 phone screens, an in-person interview, and a background check. The questions were reasonable but difficult. I spoke to the individuals that would become my direct supervisors. The timeline was a few months.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Department of HHS, and especially in this regional department?   Answer Question

Income Maintenane Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Colorado Springs, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Panel interview. Before going into the interview you have to answer an essay question. After speaking with other new hires all of our questions were slightly different, but more or less the same. Job description provided by supervisors are inadequate at best. If you are on Unemployment I suggest not looking applying for the position as you will be sadly disappointed. If you are close to your benefits running out then apply because you just may be hired with the extreme turnover rate that they don't tell you about, of course.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an interview where the person being interviewed completely breakdown?   1 Answer

General Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Submit the requested documents, including a supplemental questionnaire related to the specific job requirements. Turn around was very fast, and I was called to set up an in-person interview the next day or so.

The actual interview was with the GC and Deputy GC. Seemed to be looking for more public service focused candidates.

Attorney-Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Hiring process involved submitting cover letter, resume, transcript, and writing sample. The process was conducted outside of USA Jobs. I received an interview offer 6 weeks after applying and the job offer about 2 months after interviewing. I met with four attorneys -- 2 managers and 2 attorneys. The interview lasted about 90 minutes.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services.

Interview

A call to set up short 30 minuet phone interview. There where two people from two different office interviewing me. The interview was laid back and they called with there decision within a few days.

Public Health Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online through USAJobs in November. I was contacted for an interview via email in early January. Because I wasn't in the local commuting area, my interview was conducted by telephone with two division directors and one deputy director. One week after this interview, I was contacted again to setup a second interview with a team lead. Both interviews lasted about 45 minutes. One month later I was contacted by HR with a tentative offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Situational based questions mostly with a mix of why HHS and current position questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate because the agency matched my current salary and offer a high full promotion potential.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard for the most part. My initial interview was a phone interview which followed with me coming in for a panel interview. The panel interview was a bit less formal but the questions were substantive and germane to the interview process and position.

Eligibility Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Jackson, MS) in October 2015.

Interview

the interview itself took about 2weeks. after interview a drug test and background check was conducted. then paper work was sign and the second week was when I started work.

Interview Questions

• how would I handle dealing with a social group of indiviuals that are in need of people   Answer Question

Negotiation

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

It was an internship. We were doing our school project with them which got converted into the internship. so it was any particular interview. HHS was happy with our school work so they appointed ur as intern.